Sign in to follow this  

Is Sony network down right now? Im in US

Just found the following:

There is supposed to be PSN maintenance scheduled for this Monday. As of right now, the service seems to be down a day early for everyone.

A NeoGAF poster noted this first and wondered if this was just for the PSN for UK users. It appears now the PSN is down for almost everyone right now as of time of writing. It doesn’t matter if you have a PS3, PS4 or PS Vita either. The whole PSN seems to be down.

If you go to Twitter right now as well, a lot of people are noticing the service is down. This even includes many people from Japan too. This is not a common occurrence, but hopefully things will be fixed very soon.

In case you want to know, scheduled maintenance for PSN isn’t supposed to happen until Monday August 25th. For most people (especially in North America), it’s still Sunday August 24th. Again, this could just be something small, but lots of users are slightly worried that the PSN service seems to not be working worldwide.

Hopefully the PSN isn’t down for as long as it was back in 2012. The outage lasted for 24 long days thanks to hackers and other issues.

We will update this story once the PSN is back. Hopefully it won’t be too long.

psn is down WORLDWIDE, a goroup called lizard squad claim to have hacked psn,

http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2014/08/is_psn_offline_yes_and_the_scheduled_maintenance_doesnt_start_until_tomorrow

https://twitter.com/LizardSquad

dont know how much truth there is in this but it is unprecedented for sony network to be down world wide.

normally the shut servers down in early hours of morning region by region to limit inconvenience.

just managed to sign in to find my entire friend list deleted. then got signed out again, ps4 wont even sign in.

john smedley confirmed a large scale DDOS attck

i would recommend that everybody stay calm and to not bombard sony with emails and telephone calls so they can concentrate on fixing the problem.

if u r part of a club and your club has a forum or psn external communication source please use that for the time being.

monster racer members can communicate here

http://monster-racers.forumprod.com/

thnx tumsbox, ill try again in an hour or so. but just reporting what i found in my searches.

again everybody, please remember these guys CLAIMED to have hacked psn, i dont know if there is any truth in it

At least we're lucky the PSN has been down for only a couple of hours :)

I'm logged in, but I can't seem to do anything online right now. Not on Autosport, or any other game.

ps3 signs in ps4 does not. #fucklizardsquadand anyotherhackers

same problem ps4 wont sign in and i have to disconnect internet in settings as moto gp will not load with internet connected, ps3 signs in but half my friends list is missing and i cant play online so given up for the night.

LizardSquad didn't DDOS/hack PSN, they just took the credit which annoyed the real "hacker" so he hacked LizardSquad. Although it's reported that LizardSquad sent out a bomb threat to a plane the Sony boss was on. FBI are now looking for them

I would just like to point out, one of the benefits of Microsofts Xbox Live system, that we xbox users PAY for is....................................................................

I would just like to point out, one of the benefits of Microsofts Xbox Live system, that we xbox users PAY for is....................................................................

...Slow, bloated "dashboards" full of ads? :smiley: 

Sony handled it. All they did was DDoS to knock the service out for a while. Nothing was accessed. I suspect that's what they're doing to MS, nothing more. Plus we have to pay for PSN on PS4 now

that isn't the first time Sony was hacked. I remember when I could acutally play a NASCAR game, Sony was hacked and it pushed their patch back 3 weeks. Not to mention it compromised all their users information. 

Operator1 said:

...Slow, bloated "dashboards" full of ads? :smiley: 

Slow dashboard -  HDD problem.   

Agree about the adverts,  LOL  

At least the geko squad cant take MS down.