Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Dirt 4 dying

Seems like player stats declines dramatically.
Do we expect physics patch from Codies or this is it?
http://steamcharts.com/cmp/421020,310560#1m

Yes, I believe it is.... Because I'm losing interest and I had it from Day 1 since I couldn't stop playing Dirt Rally.  

Here is why IMHO:

1) My stage has great potential, but it was developed using simple track tiles.... And limited at that.... So all tracks feel like really just one.  If they would have made the five career stages as in DR... The game would be smashing.  I always thought the My Stage was simply for making your own tracks... Not the main track configured for all countries.

2) LAnd Rush could be awesome..but again limited development.  Thanks like Crandon or stadium racing would be spectacular.  Also, why can't I run them in free play on the RX tracks... Or Rally tracks using my stage?

3) Need more real world RX tracks.

4) Well to be honest 4 could be added things like selling your vehicles in the Calssifieds.  Better customizing tools and some interaction with the facilities you spend so much money developing/// but what do I know 

AndrewWOT said:
Seems like player stats declines dramatically.
Do we expect physics patch from Codies or this is it?
http://steamcharts.com/cmp/421020,310560#1m

The physic in Dirt4 is really good. Much more advanced than the physics in Dirt rally. I really like it.  

The game needs leagues badly. All three game modes have AI issues but Landrush aggression and impossible stage times when running particular cars in Rally are by far the worst. Team management actively punishes you for engaging in it, by running down contracts absurdly fast in pro tour and locking you out of saved setups based on crew chief mood swings. There is almost no incentive to play pro tour leading to low player numbers and long wait times. Default tunes on the majority of rally cars are awful and leave a horrible impression for new players. 

Then there's the often mentioned issues with handling and your stage.

It's almost a month since release and there's been little to no indication that any of these issues are getting fixed anytime soon. Game will continue to bleed players in the meantime.

This game will be die soon, because: 

Your stage idea is great, however i thought that there will be real stages as were in Dirt Rally plus you will be able to create your OWN stage. The parameters with the three sliders gives no so much varations
All stages looks the same, the same tile pattern corners with snow, mud, tarmac. Boring already after 2 hrs of gaming
Lack off all categories. 2-3 cars from each category is not enough. No 1.6 WRC cars! In DR at least there was a Polo WRC.
Boring looping charachter animations. No one makes stupid movement (gesticulates like football fans?) as the crowd in this game -they all looks like the same as we seen  in Milestone's WRC games.
Can't feel the torwue. In Dirt Rally you are able to feel it when you accelerat and change a gear. Dirt 4 FFb does nothing 
You can't feel the suspension. 
Graphics is poor. There are simple square objects for grass, bad quality textures and all the grasses turnig into face of your viewpoints That's crazy, in case of (1993) Doom that was a thing...
Physics: arcade. No need to talk about it, you switch off all of aid but still feel the car doing by its own way
Multiplayer: no other player's car is visible. 
No mods to keep this game alive.

ps. 9 from 10 of my friends plays Dirt Rally again instead of D4. 

Well I'd personally never go back to Dirt Rally, even though the stages are superb. Somehow cars that weigh the same as a piece of A4 paper does not appeal to me.

I reckon future patches will bring us something spectacular.

as porkhammer says i couldnt go back to dirt rally but the stages were very good.as for Dirt 4 im sure the devs are planning something or maybe doing something.hopefully its soon.the game isnt dying dirt rally had about 1000 people online avg but was great.its not a million online game. im personally just waiting for a patch then i will start playing dirt 4 again.

For me it's a "one and done" type of game. By the time I have gotten all of the Achievements (which should happen tonight) I've experienced everything the game has to offer, and the Multiplayer doesn't have that long-term appeal like a Forza, Rocket league or Street Fighter title would for me.

It's not a bad game by any means (in terms of content it's better than DiRT Rally even if DR is a better driving simulator), but it's like a fast-burning flame for me; play a lot on launch, finish the game, move on to other titles.

Well I'd personally never go back to Dirt Rally, even though the stages are superb. Somehow cars that weigh the same as a piece of A4 paper does not appeal to me.

I'm already back to Dirt Rally... It has VR and the Championships make a more complete feeling, also in RX multiplayer it's easier to get people to drive with.

So I will wait for the spectacular patches but in the meantime I'm disappointed.

I haven't played it for about 2 weeks now. It's just kind of dull. None of the tracks have any character and the handling just isn't as fun as Dirt Rally. Hugely disappointing for me. 

I would love it if there was a way for the devs to take the stages from DR and put them into D4. It'd probably take a lot of effort due to the changes in how the surfaces behave, but oh my goodness, I'd play the shit out of them all. 

I would love it if there was a way for the devs to take the stages from DR and put them into D4. It'd probably take a lot of effort due to the changes in how the surfaces behave, but oh my goodness, I'd play the **** out of them all. 
They could make the entire stage one big tile that you can randomly get from the stage generator :D

I haven't played it for about 2 weeks now. It's just kind of dull. None of the tracks have any character and the handling just isn't as fun as Dirt Rally. Hugely disappointing for me. 
Bland and dull, that would be my way of describing it as well.
Boring, limited content spiritual successor of Dirt 3, definitely not Dirt Rally 2.

I'm back to DiRT Rally already. D4's stages are repetitive, bland and boring. No flow to them.

I really don't understand these hardcore supporters of Dirt 4. Ok Dirt 4 has improved weight and aero, big improvement in downhill braking for example, no doubt. But physics improvements end here, you don't feel anything similar to a responsive behaviour of cars in rally mode. Some kind of assistance even you have all assists off. Impossible to balance the car, slide or get any feedback. Try to move fast the wheel, there is some kind of irresponsive, lagged behaviour. I am not playing so much now. If a patch is not released I will return to DR. I never got tired of DR, already tired of the null and boring generated stages from D4.

Wow, a month after release, the game is now at Dirt Rally levels, an 2015 game. And being a much bigger production that is a big failure. 

And a deserved one. Have they fixed or shared any plans to improve on any of the huge issues players have been having with the game?

I think another Big issue is the different type of games DR and D4 are. DR had, and has, its problems but we appreciated the effort and the improvements, great early access. But I can't stop feeling that D4 is this and no Big patches or improvements are going to be made.

I am already bored to tears with DiRT4, The Rally stages are o.k but personally I enjoy the door to door racing of RallyX and sadly it lacks the tracks to add to the longevity of the game... I would have loved to see some of the old tracks from DiRT2 or DiRT3 added to spice it up a little more... Copying the tracks from DiRT Rally was a big mistake in my mind... 

DiRT Rally for me, still takes the crown.  It's my favourite ever Rally game, even now.  

& that's what's even more disappointing & frustrating for me, is D4 had all the potential to top it, but for some reason, was sent out with a mix-mash of both awesomeness & tragic failings, all on one big plate

well we can only state our own preference . Dirt rally is the better game. Dirt 4 will be better obviously once tweaks are made.

real life locations are as much as rallying as the cars.you need them.the thing is thats licensing thats extra money.developing your stage requires no licensing but is in its infancy.the thing is even if its unnoticable for every corner ever would a event be as good as a iconic real life rally event.

i personally say no.its has to have some kind of soul or something can like about it.

Underkex said:
I think another Big issue is the different type of games DR and D4 are. DR had, and has, its problems but we appreciated the effort and the improvements, great early access. But I can't stop feeling that D4 is this and no Big patches or improvements are going to be made.
How do you know that?

I'm pretty sure there will be an update to current handling.

Get your head over the fact it's not an Early Access.

PJTierney said:
For me it's a "one and done" type of game.
I agree with this.  I've enjoyed playing it, but its veered itself into the 'throw-away gaming' pile. 

Potential though, something to build upon.

versedi said:
Get your head over the fact it's not an Early Access.

That's even more worrying. They should nail it at first attempt (given experience with DR and it's EA).

well it depends on the audience they were aiming for doesnt it ?

Dirt rally was hardcore for the sim crowd . Dirt 2/3 and so on are normally for the arcade simcade whatever you want to call it.

Think it's an expected pattern after launch to be fair.
Especially on the back of the summer sale. I picked up Civ5 and have been playing that all week. Will likely resume normal D4 activity in a week or two.