Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Is Dirt 4 dying

madwak said:
Before you write the game off altogether try turning your steering linearity to -7 if you are using a wheel and see how it feels? Codies seem to have messed the steering linearity up somehow because in Dirt Rally
the game felt much better if you used +5 steering linearity but in Dirt 4 it feels better with -5.
Changing the linearity increases the lower speed turn in and gets rid of the slackness around the wheel centre so you feel the ffb quicker when the rear of the car starts to come round on you and the quicker response allows you to catch it easier. Ive tried this on the T300, T500 and Fanatec elite PS4 and in each case it makes the game much more fun especially if you also reduce your DOR to 540 :smile:
I have to use +2 linearity in D4 myself, otherwise some cars are undrivable due to overly sensitive steering. This is on my G27 - and according to the in-game tooltip, + linearity makes it less sensitive around the center, and - makes it more sensitive around the center.
What's your DOR set at and your steering saturation?

I drive a rally car often and it is soooo much slower than a R5 and the roads are sooo much shit than an R5 in wales and guess which is more difficult to drive, Fiesta R1 in real life 10x than Fiesta R5 in D4, a sim needs to transmit that braking and throttle fear, in RBR you can feel the fear sometimes and in DiRT Rally too, in AC or Raceroom you can feel it for sure, and driving a R5 through a wet forest is much more difficult than driving a clio cup in brands hatch on dry, but which one is easier? Clio cup (or any '' slow'' touring car) in AC or the R5 which is a little beast in the middle of the forest?

madwak said:
madwak said:
Before you write the game off altogether try turning your steering linearity to -7 if you are using a wheel and see how it feels? Codies seem to have messed the steering linearity up somehow because in Dirt Rally
the game felt much better if you used +5 steering linearity but in Dirt 4 it feels better with -5.
Changing the linearity increases the lower speed turn in and gets rid of the slackness around the wheel centre so you feel the ffb quicker when the rear of the car starts to come round on you and the quicker response allows you to catch it easier. Ive tried this on the T300, T500 and Fanatec elite PS4 and in each case it makes the game much more fun especially if you also reduce your DOR to 540 :smile:
I have to use +2 linearity in D4 myself, otherwise some cars are undrivable due to overly sensitive steering. This is on my G27 - and according to the in-game tooltip, + linearity makes it less sensitive around the center, and - makes it more sensitive around the center.
I haven't touched the saturation. I am using 300 degrees of rotation.

The only cars that gives me problems are the Renault 5, Renault Alpine, and the Lancia Stratos. They all think I am using 50 degrees. The rest of the cars makes full use of my 300 degrees.

Makes no sense.

madwak said:
madwak said:

The only cars that gives me problems are the Renault 5, Renault Alpine, and the Lancia Stratos. They all think I am using 50 degrees. The rest of the cars makes full use of my 300 degrees.

Makes no sense.
Have you checked to make sure it's set at 100 ?

madwak said:
madwak said:
madwak said:

Makes no sense.
Yes, it's 100. Like I said, I haven't touched it.

madwak said:
madwak said:
madwak said:

Makes no sense.
Yes, it's 100. Like I said, I haven't touched it.
So you get your 300 DOR by calibrating your wheel at 300 then?  You could try calibrating at the full rotation and then reducing it to the 300 by using the steering saturation and see if that makes a difference to those cars?

They should just get Oliver Solberg in the studio for a few weeks. That guy sure knows both cars and games :-)

im surpised you have trouble with the renault alpine i think thats one of the great cars in dirt 4 especially on tarmac can push it so far and handles sublime.im on default logitech settings and ingame all i done is lower tourque alignment.

dgeesi0 said:
im surpised you have trouble with the renault alpine i think thats one of the great cars in dirt 4 especially on tarmac can push it so far and handles sublime.im on default logitech settings and ingame all i done is lower tourque alignment.
Well yeah it handles fine, but thinks I am using 50 degrees of rotation. It's awful.