Jump to content

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

REALLY Slow RX AI

Recommended Posts

Difficulty is set to tough but it seems that AI is reeeeaaaaly slow. It's not fun to go laps all by myself. They can't even touch me :( FIX THIS!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I have noticed this to, The RX Supercars seem to be the worst affected.
The AI is so far down on straight line speed meaning it is particularly bad at tracks such as Lydden Hill and Loheac where there are 1 or more long straights

I noticed this within about 5 minutes of playing the game on the highest difficulty level and reported it as a bug ages ago. If it only took me 5 minutes to find this issue, testing in this game mode can't have been very thorough back at codies base.



Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slow AI in some parts on rallycross tracks was already an issue in Dirt Rally.
For instance, the uphill straight leading into the U-turn in Lydden was always a weak spot for AI (like they are not full on throttle) back in DR.
And it is exactly the same now in D4.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Slow AI in some parts on rallycross tracks was already an issue in Dirt Rally.
For instance, the uphill straight leading into the U-turn in Lydden was always a weak spot for AI (like they are not full on throttle) back in DR.
And it is exactly the same now in D4.

it was yes, but not this much in my opinion

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Can someone please tell me if there is a class or car where the AI is not as slow?

I love the RX but I've stopped playing it for this reason. and that is simply bad and ridiculous. Every game should have difficulty levels up to impossible, not too easy! It almost looks like they didn't test this game. They fixed nothing in the AI from Dirt Rally. It's still too slow on straights, takes bad lines, but has better traction.

It feels to me like the AI operate on different physics (or maybe on no physics) so instead of fixing it they said "let's just make their top speed slow, and race stupid, that should even it out."

One idea I just had is to setup the car to have low top speed- maybe handicap it a bit. 

Another option for CodeMasters is to open the "brutal" difficulty instead of having me complete a career I don't want to do and force me out of the bonnet cam. Again, just bad and ridiculous.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Indigo121 said:
Can someone please tell me if there is a class or car where the AI is not as slow?

I love the RX but I've stopped playing it for this reason. and that is simply bad and ridiculous. Every game should have difficulty levels up to impossible, not too easy! It almost looks like they didn't test this game. They fixed nothing in the AI from Dirt Rally. It's still too slow on straights, takes bad lines, but has better traction.

It feels to me like the AI operate on different physics (or maybe on no physics) so instead of fixing it they said "let's just make their top speed slow, and race stupid, that should even it out."

One idea I just had is to setup the car to have low top speed- maybe handicap it a bit. 

Another option for CodeMasters is to open the "brutal" difficulty instead of having me complete a career I don't want to do and force me out of the bonnet cam. Again, just bad and ridiculous.
Well you actually just need to finish the last event of any of the 3 disciplines to unlock the brutal ai, and btw you can simply bypass the fearless restrinctions by starting an event in fearless mode, run either a shakedown or a stage, then exit form the game, restart it and switch to "allow 3rd view cameras" or whatever the option is called, and you'll get to user any camera you want while still preserving the brutal ai. You can also change any other option, like transmission, abs and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnegloPlz said:
Indigo121 said:
Can someone please tell me if there is a class or car where the AI is not as slow?

I love the RX but I've stopped playing it for this reason. and that is simply bad and ridiculous. Every game should have difficulty levels up to impossible, not too easy! It almost looks like they didn't test this game. They fixed nothing in the AI from Dirt Rally. It's still too slow on straights, takes bad lines, but has better traction.

It feels to me like the AI operate on different physics (or maybe on no physics) so instead of fixing it they said "let's just make their top speed slow, and race stupid, that should even it out."

One idea I just had is to setup the car to have low top speed- maybe handicap it a bit. 

Another option for CodeMasters is to open the "brutal" difficulty instead of having me complete a career I don't want to do and force me out of the bonnet cam. Again, just bad and ridiculous.
Well you actually just need to finish the last event of any of the 3 disciplines to unlock the brutal ai, and btw you can simply bypass the fearless restrinctions by starting an event in fearless mode, run either a shakedown or a stage, then exit form the game, restart it and switch to "allow 3rd view cameras" or whatever the option is called, and you'll get to user any camera you want while still preserving the brutal ai. You can also change any other option, like transmission, abs and so on.
That is terrific, thank you so much! I will try that.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnegloPlz said:
Well you actually just need to finish the last event of any of the 3 disciplines to unlock the brutal ai, and btw you can simply bypass the fearless restrinctions by starting an event in fearless mode, run either a shakedown or a stage, then exit form the game, restart it and switch to "allow 3rd view cameras" or whatever the option is called, and you'll get to user any camera you want while still preserving the brutal ai. You can also change any other option, like transmission, abs and so on.
Well I've looked at the career tree and it looks like that's 24 races at the minimum if I do the landrush (3 events x 2 races x 4 disciplines), and probably the same if not more if I do the rallycross? Just to open a difficulty setting. Sheesh.

Can I just start each race and retire? Will the next career bracket open like that? I mean, I don't actually need to win, right?

[EDIT] Nope, that didn't work. You actually have to race them all. Damn. I guess I'll have to wait for Project Cars 2's rallycross.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Well I just played the other two classes for the first time- 1600 and RX2, and they are definitely much better than the Supercars. The AI is not slower on straights, and "Tough" is tough. The supercars AI just has a bug it seems.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I've read somewhere here that freeplay championship doesn't have this issue at all

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Freeplay championship has the same issues. They're very slow in a straight line in all landrush vehicles as well. The only class that seems to be not affected is 1600, all others are terrible even on brutal, although as others have said it does vary based on track. Majority of what I bought the game for is at this stage completely broken.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I noticed the same with the Super 1600s.. that was very challenging for me even after multiple restarts and lots of hotlapping practice, while the following classes were total cake walks. As everyone has already said, it's like the AI is scared of using full throttle in them. You pull past them like a freight train on straights.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
APR193 said:
Freeplay championship has the same issues. They're very slow in a straight line in all landrush vehicles as well. The only class that seems to be not affected is 1600, all others are terrible even on brutal, although as others have said it does vary based on track. Majority of what I bought the game for is at this stage completely broken.
I checked fearless node and its no any good! Slow af too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bebi said:
APR193 said:
Freeplay championship has the same issues. They're very slow in a straight line in all landrush vehicles as well. The only class that seems to be not affected is 1600, all others are terrible even on brutal, although as others have said it does vary based on track. Majority of what I bought the game for is at this stage completely broken.
I checked fearless node and its no any good! Slow af too
Well, fearless mode compared to the ai of Dirt Rally is definitely faster, dunno how fast you are, but in fearless the fastest opponents like Bakkerud, Solberg and so on are super fast, especially in Montalegre and Hell where they tend to crack blistering fast times when you happen to be in their same heat/semi/final

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Yeah maybe I'm too fast :D The main problem for me is that I play in 3rd person view and fearless mode doesn't allow any change in its options :neutral:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bebi said:
Yeah maybe I'm too fast :D The main problem for me is that I play in 3rd person view and fearless mode doesn't allow any change in its options :neutral:

Have you tried doing the simple trick I've found to work for using 3rd person view in fearless mode? There it is:
AnegloPlz said:
  you can simply bypass the fearless restrinctions by starting an event in fearless mode, run either a shakedown or a stage, then exit form the game, restart it and switch to "allow 3rd view cameras" or whatever the option is called, and you'll get to user any camera you want while still preserving the brutal ai. You can also change any other option, like transmission, abs and so on.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnegloPlz said:
Bebi said:
Yeah maybe I'm too fast :D The main problem for me is that I play in 3rd person view and fearless mode doesn't allow any change in its options :neutral:

Have you tried doing the simple trick I've found to work for using 3rd person view in fearless mode? There it is:
AnegloPlz said:
  you can simply bypass the fearless restrinctions by starting an event in fearless mode, run either a shakedown or a stage, then exit form the game, restart it and switch to "allow 3rd view cameras" or whatever the option is called, and you'll get to user any camera you want while still preserving the brutal ai. You can also change any other option, like transmission, abs and so on.

I'll try this thx! (restart the game not the session right?)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bebi said:
AnegloPlz said:
Bebi said:
Yeah maybe I'm too fast :D The main problem for me is that I play in 3rd person view and fearless mode doesn't allow any change in its options :neutral:

Have you tried doing the simple trick I've found to work for using 3rd person view in fearless mode? There it is:
AnegloPlz said:
  you can simply bypass the fearless restrinctions by starting an event in fearless mode, run either a shakedown or a stage, then exit form the game, restart it and switch to "allow 3rd view cameras" or whatever the option is called, and you'll get to user any camera you want while still preserving the brutal ai. You can also change any other option, like transmission, abs and so on.

I'll try this thx! (restart the game not the session right?)
Yep, restart the game, then go to the session you've already started either in freeplay or career and change your settings, you'll notice that the difficulty bar will be blank instead of switching to tough as you change to automatic gears or 3rd person, but will preserve the brutal ai, alongside it's bonus in exp

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnegloPlz said:
Bebi said:
AnegloPlz said:
Bebi said:
Yeah maybe I'm too fast :D The main problem for me is that I play in 3rd person view and fearless mode doesn't allow any change in its options :neutral:

Have you tried doing the simple trick I've found to work for using 3rd person view in fearless mode? There it is:
AnegloPlz said:
  you can simply bypass the fearless restrinctions by starting an event in fearless mode, run either a shakedown or a stage, then exit form the game, restart it and switch to "allow 3rd view cameras" or whatever the option is called, and you'll get to user any camera you want while still preserving the brutal ai. You can also change any other option, like transmission, abs and so on.

I'll try this thx! (restart the game not the session right?)
Yep, restart the game, then go to the session you've already started either in freeplay or career and change your settings, you'll notice that the difficulty bar will be blank instead of switching to tough as you change to automatic gears or 3rd person, but will preserve the brutal ai, alongside it's bonus in exp
didnt work for me....I tried in fearless mode did a shakedown then restart the whole game...and I tried in tough mode the same...If I change the exterior camera ON it changes to tough each time

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Bebi said:
AnegloPlz said:
Bebi said:
AnegloPlz said:
Bebi said:
Yeah maybe I'm too fast :D The main problem for me is that I play in 3rd person view and fearless mode doesn't allow any change in its options :neutral:

Have you tried doing the simple trick I've found to work for using 3rd person view in fearless mode? There it is:
AnegloPlz said:
  you can simply bypass the fearless restrinctions by starting an event in fearless mode, run either a shakedown or a stage, then exit form the game, restart it and switch to "allow 3rd view cameras" or whatever the option is called, and you'll get to user any camera you want while still preserving the brutal ai. You can also change any other option, like transmission, abs and so on.

I'll try this thx! (restart the game not the session right?)
Yep, restart the game, then go to the session you've already started either in freeplay or career and change your settings, you'll notice that the difficulty bar will be blank instead of switching to tough as you change to automatic gears or 3rd person, but will preserve the brutal ai, alongside it's bonus in exp
didnt work for me....I tried in fearless mode did a shakedown then restart the whole game...and I tried in tough mode the same...If I change the exterior camera ON it changes to tough each time
Wow that's weird....have you tried changing to exterior camera from the main menu or the event configuration? Try both ways..... Maybe you just need to exit the competition and then reenter, but I swear to me it worked by exiting the game :/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
AnegloPlz said:
Bebi said:
AnegloPlz said:
Bebi said:
AnegloPlz said:
Bebi said:
Yeah maybe I'm too fast :D The main problem for me is that I play in 3rd person view and fearless mode doesn't allow any change in its options :neutral:

Have you tried doing the simple trick I've found to work for using 3rd person view in fearless mode? There it is:
AnegloPlz said:
  you can simply bypass the fearless restrinctions by starting an event in fearless mode, run either a shakedown or a stage, then exit form the game, restart it and switch to "allow 3rd view cameras" or whatever the option is called, and you'll get to user any camera you want while still preserving the brutal ai. You can also change any other option, like transmission, abs and so on.

I'll try this thx! (restart the game not the session right?)
Yep, restart the game, then go to the session you've already started either in freeplay or career and change your settings, you'll notice that the difficulty bar will be blank instead of switching to tough as you change to automatic gears or 3rd person, but will preserve the brutal ai, alongside it's bonus in exp
didnt work for me....I tried in fearless mode did a shakedown then restart the whole game...and I tried in tough mode the same...If I change the exterior camera ON it changes to tough each time
Wow that's weird....have you tried changing to exterior camera from the main menu or the event configuration? Try both ways..... Maybe you just need to exit the competition and then reenter, but I swear to me it worked by exiting the game :/
i tried in the main menu both time...I'll have some experiments thx :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
It depends on the car class too.  My experience with Supercars was that the AI in Montalegre were indeed much better than the rest. But on RX2 not.
They are very unbalanced, and a quick 5 minute race on each track/car class can show this clearly, so I don't see how this game passed testing as it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Malyngo said:
You guys who are so outraged how this should never have passed QA should really get into game development. Either it will all get totally better, or you realize that it is not as easy as you think.
I'm a game developer, that's why I allow myself to write that. I don't know how Codemasters work, but nowadays many companies get beta testing virtually for free, and the product suffers because of it. I only wrote it because it's such a glaring error and is relatively easy to fix, compared to improved AI awareness or other more complex issues.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
I found the group B RX more challenging than RX supercars, except Montealegre which was ridiculous for supercars.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

×