Jump to content Jump to content

Hello, I know that DiRT 2 is very old but I need to ask: We players have any chance of online servers for this game came back?

I ask this because 2 achievements (or trophies if you have a PS3) has become discontinued:

We have a online petition for Codemasters come back this servers sometime, we have now 130 supporters:

So I ask again: we can have any chance for this?

Thanks for your support and sorry if I post something wrong in here, I new in this forum.
laz1973 said:
You must mean the leader tables ? as I was on this a few weeks ago playing online. Don't know if they will come back on though but I do feel your pain. D2 is the only game i've played to get a plat trophy .
I mean two achievements, one you need pick a leaderboard and beat the time and other you'll need take part in 4 tournaments, but both are discontinued by Codemasters, without previous warnings.

The "funny thing" is:previous DiRT (from 2006) have all servers online up and running!
More important would be to get DiRT 2 to Steamworks instead of GFWL, because else there won't be any online racing (on pc) at all in some months. I got my DiRT 2 achievements a couple of years ago, but I'd love to be able to play online some more in the coming years. 
laz1973 said:
You must mean the leader tables ? as I was on this a few weeks ago playing online. Don't know if they will come back on though but I do feel your pain. D2 is the only game i've played to get a plat trophy .
I mean two achievements, one you need pick a leaderboard and beat the time and other you'll need take part in 4 tournaments, but both are discontinued by Codemasters, without previous warnings.

The "funny thing" is:previous DiRT (from 2006) have all servers online up and running!

There was notice that these things would be getting turned off, I'm sure of it. Cant direct you to the thread now though sorry

laz1973 said:
laz1973 said:

There was notice that these things would be getting turned off, I'm sure of it. Cant direct you to the thread now though sorry

I know that turned off but I want some clarification for Codemasters if have any chances to re-open the servers again, just for a few months at least.

Anyway, thanks for your comment.
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
They really should re-enable dirtnet for dirt2 just for the last month of dirt 2's life under GFWL, but I guess that'll never happen since people have been requesting for over a year now :( I also realised that I never had the ghost achievement and was on 2/4 weekly tourneys from 2009 but forgot to complete those..although dirt net shutdown within 2 years for dirt 2 it seems anyway, which is a pretty damn short time.
  • 1 month later...

What a shame  i have 2 dirt platinum ( dirt 3 and dirt showdown) except this... I bought new on the net by amazon.  Why can't i finish at 100% ???  it's a shame and very sad :(    for the respect of the customer, please restore dirt net just few month for people who is missed it.  I hope dirtnet will be back            sorry for my bad english and thank you for reading       best regards

• 5 months later...
Did they ever bring this back??

I'm a old time PS3 Dirt Devil and just recently purchased the classic sequel of the series for PC and am living proof that true love can ( & WILL) Weather any storm. 

One would comfortably assume that after so many requests to bring back, or continue, the online servers (basically waving our money in front of the creators saying, "Here.. take it!") -- the company would comply and seek to maintain the sturdy consumer-based foundation beneath their feets. 

Is it really too much to ask for?
  • 7 months later...