Sign in to follow this  

Sprint Pack

Ok, I just did half of a track. And I got to say, I shouldnt have voted yet. It's really good. It's totally different to GRID 2. Driving through the Cote d'Azur in a Formula car, with actual grip is rather intense. So YES IT IS WORTH IT.

Oh, and it's Time Attack, so no ramfest with open wheel cars.

Thanks for the Educated Input.  I'm not sure, but I swear they adjusted the AI as well in the Challenges. I ran a couple this morning after the patch to sinc up my Racenet stats with my recently Corrupt save game and the AI didn't seem as aggressive at COTA and Mt Pan. 

sgll said:

your mad if you agree to give CM even more money

I totally agree!! Are u blind guys??! This is the same content from grid 2 WAKE UP!!!

I'm guilty of buying it. However, I'm aware it wasn't particularly money well spent.

I ran a couple of times on California and Cote d'Azur last night, in various disciplines and, yeah, I will have to second what someone already said in this thread. Without the erratic GRID 2 handling, these tracks REALLY transformed from the pain in the arse that they were into actual challenging routes. The cars stick and they're very nice to drive while the routes remain hard to master. In a nutshell: The GAS handling made them proper.

The only MAJOR problem with it is that it's solely recycled GRID 2 content.

So, no, it's not worth the price. Even though the tracks feel different, they're still the same layouts and for someone who spent hundreds of hours in GRID 2 this really can't be an appealing DLC by no means whatsoever. You're most probably already bored with these routes and it's understandable why you don't want to pay 6E to have them basically imported, with nothing new added whatsoever.

It's 3 out of 3 so far, in terms of DRC (Downloadable Recycled Content - I'm going to call it that from now on) and we're on route for more of the same with the Road & Track Car Pack.

I'm curious what the Touring Car Legends and Drag Racing expansions bring in terms of ACTUAL NEW CONTENT and how pricey those will be. :)

Can you guys first fix bugs and finish game and than making addons?

Tony031R said:

I'm guilty of buying it. However, I'm aware it wasn't particularly money well spent.

I ran a couple of times on California and Cote d'Azur last night, in various disciplines and, yeah, I will have to second what someone already said in this thread. Without the erratic GRID 2 handling, these tracks REALLY transformed from the pain in the arse that they were into actual challenging routes. The cars stick and they're very nice to drive while the routes remain hard to master. In a nutshell: The GAS handling made them proper.

The only MAJOR problem with it is that it's solely recycled GRID 2 content.

So, no, it's not worth the price. Even though the tracks feel different, they're still the same layouts and for someone who spent hundreds of hours in GRID 2 this really can't be an appealing DLC by no means whatsoever. You're most probably already bored with these routes and it's understandable why you don't want to pay 6E to have them basically imported, with nothing new added whatsoever.

It's 3 out of 3 so far, in terms of DRC (Downloadable Recycled Content - I'm going to call it that from now on) and we're on route for more of the same with the Road & Track Car Pack.

I'm curious what the Touring Car Legends and Drag Racing expansions bring in terms of ACTUAL NEW CONTENT and how pricey those will be. :)

Yes i'm curious too about TC legends only worth DLC but about DRAG??! Come on it's ridiculous just a point to point on a short straight, wow really exciting!!!After 5sec it's already BOREDOM!

@Phil88TC

Some people like a straight line showdown once in a while. To each their own.

My point was: Since these two expansions (Touring & Drag) are the only ones who look like they're going to be adding NEW (unseen before in GRID 1 or 2) content, I wonder if they'll be more expensive than the "recycled content" ones.

Think about it. The Season Pass is 30E and it's marketed as being sold at a discount for the 8 DLC packs it includes. The Black Edition Pack is not included in the season pass. The Garage Slot Pack is free to those who bought the season pass.

So far we had:

Two car packs @ 3E each = 6E

Boost Pack = 3E

Sprint Pack = 6E

That's 15E so far. The next car pack includes recycled content for sure so it will probably cost 3E as well. That's 18E.

So that leaves 12E unaccounted for + the discount applied for the Season Pass (we don't know the value of the discount), which won't apply to the packs bought individually. So added up that's going to be what? 16E? 18E? 20E for two expansions bought individually?

Quick logic and it's safe to say these last two expansions will be more expensive than the DLC we've had so far.

Tony031R said:

@Phil88TC

Some people like a straight line showdown once in a while. To each their own.

My point was: Since these two expansions (Touring & Drag) are the only ones who look like they're going to be adding NEW (unseen before in GRID 1 or 2) content, I wonder if they'll be more expensive than the "recycled content" ones.

Think about it. The Season Pass is 30E and it's marketed as being sold at a discount for the 8 DLC packs it includes. The Black Edition Pack is not included in the season pass. The Garage Slot Pack is free to those who bought the season pass.

So far we had:

Two car packs @ 3E each = 6E

Boost Pack = 3E

Sprint Pack = 6E

That's 15E so far. The next car pack includes recycled content for sure so it will probably cost 3E as well. That's 18E.

So that leaves 12E unaccounted for + the discount applied for the Season Pass (we don't know the value of the discount), which won't apply to the packs bought individually. So added up that's going to be what? 16E? 18E? 20E for two expansions bought individually?

Quick logic and it's safe to say these last two expansions will be more expensive than the DLC we've had so far.

of course they will be more expensive no doubts!!! that's a big slap to everyone but please everyone go check and chat in my discussion!  :#

Phil88TC said:

Yes i'm curious too about TC legends only worth DLC but about DRAG??! Come on it's ridiculous just a point to point on a short straight, wow really exciting!!!After 5sec it's already BOREDOM!

I never really like Drag but I can understand its appeal. If its done right, it can be pretty damn fun to play in the same way as Shift 2's drag, NFS Prostreet's drag or NFS Underground 1's drag. Still, it will be very difficult to top what Shift 2 brought for drag.

i have season Pass and ingame store wants me to pay for Sprint Pack.......whats that please? Are cm kiding me? 

Store is not updated yet for EU but I know what you mean. Hopefully sony dont need to change price to free for season pass holder like the last time...

Phil88TC said:

sgll said:

I totally agree!! Are u blind guys??! This is the same content from grid 2 WAKE UP!!!

To be fair, I didn't buy Grid 2, mostly because No In-Car View, but also Cheesy Arcade like Handling. 

Phil88TC said:

sgll said:

We do not sleep to wake up!  :( .... GAS has so better handling- physics than Grid 2 that i want desperately to play these 4 tracks  in it! Plus they are pretty cheap for what this DLC offers (4 open road tracks with 24 routes in total) for only 5,99 euros.. What about that the SPA DLC costed 7-8 euros for grid 2(for a mediocre game it self)?? That was really bad strategy from codies , but about sprint DLC of GAS there is 100% value for money.. 
Pay attention PC players! Being near Miatakias_GR in California's cliffs is not very good idea! :p :s :# >:) o:)   See you!

Phil88TC said:

sgll said:

We do not sleep to wake up!  :( .... GAS has so better handling- physics than Grid 2 that i want desperately to play these 4 tracks  in it! Plus they are pretty cheap for what this DLC offers (4 open road tracks with 24 routes in total) for only 5,99 euros.. What about that the SPA DLC costed 7-8 euros for grid 2(for a mediocre game it self)?? That was really bad strategy from codies , but about sprint DLC of GAS there is 100% value for money.. 
Pay attention PC players! Being near Miatakias_GR in California's cliffs is not very good idea! :p :s :# >:) o:)   See you!
Thank god, at least i didn't waste my money in any dlc in GRID 2 so no SPA no Bathurst!  :p >:)

So, you're on to that "24 routes" bullcrap? It is FOUR tracks, nothing more. The can be reversed, only 1 of 2 sectors driven and that revered aswell. That isn't even new routes, it's just placing start/finish in a different position. It's the same as counting Spa as two different routes, while only the start-line is on the other side for Formula or GT.
Could I interest you for a 20€-note for 38€? It has two sides, on both you see 20€ so you actually get 40!! :D 

Photonik said:
So, you're on to that "24 routes" bullcrap? It is FOUR tracks, nothing more. The can be reversed, only 1 of 2 sectors driven and that revered aswell. That isn't even new routes, it's just placing start/finish in a different position. It's the same as counting Spa as two different routes, while only the start-line is on the other side for Formula or GT.
Could I interest you for a 20€-note for 38€? It has two sides, on both you see 20€ so you actually get 40!! :D 

So don't buy it . Very easy solution but I guess people gotta complain about something .

Makes me chuckle when people complain about buying something that they believe is not worth the money, if that is what you think then don't buy it, I mean Codemasters aren't the first company to offer DLC for a price and they won't be the last, sadly it is the way the games industry is going and do you know why? 

Consoles happened plain and simple, if you want to blame something for DLC that is where you should lay blame, original PC gaming never had DLC, you got the full game and any extras were free when they came up, COD4 for example was one of the last none paid DLC COD titles.

All the console kiddies killed that with wanting gold guns and silly masks and shit, it will never go back so you will have to live with it.

It's not as simple as "don't want it, don't buy it." What about the season pass holders who have spent $30 (or whatever the price is) and have yet to see anything new to the series? Half of the value of the season pass is wasted on recycled content. DLC is supposed to add something new and (hopefully) exciting to what we already have. This is a legit complaint that was brought up long before the corruption was fixed, so it's not like people are "moving on to something else." This was a concern of ours after seeing the first two car packs, and seeing additional Disc Locked Content being driven by AI online.

Not showing up as a free download as part of the season pass (UK PS3). Seems this is becoming a regular thing.

IT says these are added to Offline mode for extra challenges, but does this add anything to online? It so what, where.?

TUSMBOX said:
It's not as simple as "don't want it, don't buy it." What about the season pass holders who have spent $30 (or whatever the price is) and have yet to see anything new to the series? Half of the value of the season pass is wasted on recycled content. DLC is supposed to add something new and (hopefully) exciting to what we already have. This is a legit complaint that was brought up long before the corruption was fixed, so it's not like people are "moving on to something else." This was a concern of ours after seeing the first two car packs, and seeing additional Disc Locked Content being driven by AI online.
On the other hand nobody was forced to buy the season pass either. People bought it expecting different dlc maybe . Exactly why I didn't buy it and I'm buying the dlc if I want it . I really don't care if it saves me $20 if that's how much its gonna save you after buying all dlc separately.

TUSMBOX said:

What is included in the Sprint Pack?

Basically the Gird 2 experience that everyone on Autosport wanted to get away from. 

LMAO - Waste of YOUR time CM. 

You spelled Grid wrong.

Wel spotedd,  jus cheking how observont you is

TUSMBOX said:

TUSMBOX said:

But as you state people expect DLC to add something, it does, more stuff, expecting DLC to add something new is an old skool expectation, DLC as it is called now merely adds extra content, it doesn't have to be new... ;-) , it is new to the fresh players though, we are old skool and demand more and it isn't going to happen, I enjoy the base game as it is, extra stuff is good, but the racing is paramount to any DLC.