Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Dirt 4 RX locations repeated from Dirt Rally - only two new - how sad!

If it brought 5 new locations it could be interesting to get Dirt 4 to get more.

So why is Dirt 4 sold as a new game - not a DLC for Dirt Rally?

No DLC RX at all in Dirt 4, or?

I kind of liked the more lengthy RX in Dirt 2 compared to these, probably more real world locations.
Dirt Rally RX and Dirt 4 RX are more like speedway velodrom almost, not as fun.

Dirt 2 had RX had both top speed parts as well as hairpin stuff. And I still enjoy playing it.

Read that some RX in ProjectCars 2, maybe have a look at that.

The RX in pcars 2 is based on real tracks as well, and 3 of the tracks from Dirt 4 are in Pcars 2. Don't expect Pcars 2 rallycross events to be any different from Dirt. Both games are trying to recreate what RX is like in real life, not have cars race around fictional tracks / rules.

Thanks guys.
I counted PCars2, and there are 8 rallycross locations(52 locations in all for PC2).
So if they are 3 also in Dirt, still 5 more. If Dirt 4 were 5 new compared to Dirt Rally, it would be purchase as well.
Dirt 4 feel more like an extension to Dirt Rally than new game TBH, even as I read a about improvements.

Watched YT, and some PC2 are tarmac kind of events, but still more like Dirt 2 in London and LA where you also get to top your car, not just turns and turns that fit on a football field.

If Dirt 4 comes with DLC with more RX I'm still interested though.
But please locations that are not entirely arena type, a bit larger ones rather.

One thing though that matters as well, is if there are cars to choose from for RX that makes it interesting to try out and figure what fit better for a certain track.

LariosoDog said:
but still more like Dirt 2 in London and LA where you also get to top your car, not just turns and turns that fit on a football field.

If Dirt 4 comes with DLC with more RX I'm still interested though.
But please locations that are not entirely arena type, a bit larger ones rather.

www.fiaworldrallycross.com/calendar these are the real tracks all of them are roughly 1 km long. If we will have more which I really hope. I hope it will be a few of the real wrx ones. 

Lynx2000 said:

www.fiaworldrallycross.com/calendar these are the real tracks all of them are roughly 1 km long. If we will have more which I really hope. I hope it will be a few of the real wrx ones. 
Great link, thank you.
I would not mind having those and then some based on those.

Some in Dirt 2, you could see how they used tiles from another track, and changed looks a bit and made a night race of, etc or a Last Man Standing..
- got get past that guy, or I am out

I thought those were great too.

So what some accuse Dirt 4 for, with tiles just varied, are not always bad - if it's based on enough locations.
I played GT5 on PS3 many years ago, and those weekly time trials online were a lot of that(but you did not need subscriptions on PSN for that in those days).