Jump to content Jump to content

Intel Challenge - Corner Cutting

gaski said:

Well I'm not going to disclose that but you can definitely gain time from it.

I could only think of two consecutive corners where it is possible. The small one I always 'cut', as it's just a white line and there's no penalty, so equal for everyone. The one right before, yeah, that might save you 10m and speed, but isn't there a penalty? Never cut there, not even accidentally, so don't know.

To the challenge... screw that! A contest limited to 2 or 3 countries is plain ridiculous. Whoever is responsible for that should rot in hell... or lose his job and never find one again.

@SVENOS very good time. I did a 7:05 with a level 17 car and lost about 3 seconds 1st lap, got stuck behind a Ravenwest car at the top of the hill going into the fast left handers. Would have tried again, but you don't get vehicle xp from it. I reckon with a level 50 car and a decent set up I could probably push 6:53 maybe a bit faster. Hopefully there is a penalty for the obvious cutting spot. As above, I have never accidentally cut it before
SVENOS said:

My Setup

-100/-100/-100/+20/+100/+100

My times

1.15/1.14/1.14

@SVENOS‌  - that's a mighty hard setup aimed for the long straights I see.

Feels for most cars as if only the gearing setup matters. In any sim-game if you put that kind of car with a max stiffed rear, your bootie will act like an eel on grass. :)

aww this intel challenge will mean that ppl will walk the course until monday in order to find where they can cut a mm or two and the try to run accordlingly - Glitch-searchers. 
If CM would have done it right the would use the white line rule, ie min. 2 wheels INSIDE white line, anywhere outside would be penalized in a time delay. So either you cut or you run wide you should be penalized. Today in some cases if you have one wheel outside you cold get a penalty and in some cases you can go all four outside and there are no actions taken..... :?

There's one corner where it gives you big advantage

You must be slow through that corner to start with for it to help. If you can get all corners correctly then wall riding will slow you down, especially on the drive out. It's also super easy to damage the Utes, so you may get away with it once but not 3 times
They shouldn't be running this competition, it's unfair on a lot of people.
some people have corrupted files including me happened twice now, some people have level 50 upgrades so there car is miles faster. It should be loaner cars only or no upgrades or tuning. That's proper racing just proper separation of drivers, shows the skill levels of a driver without having assisted upgrading to vehicles. This competition should be void 
TUSMBOX said:
"Proper racing" is won by proper tuning. Just look at, well, 90% of motorsport.
That's true, but in this case I agree with TDHSpeed. In a competition everyone should have the same chances, so either tuning for everyone or tuning for no one... but not tuning, if by chance you bought that car and leveled it. I for one never drove it online, except for challenges, so I'm barely lvl20 and can only use the basic tuning.
They have provided you a track and car and if that track allows you to run wide or cut then just f'n do it and quit going on and on about it.  If its not a fowl then it's legal and if the game penalizes you for cutting and you still benefit oh well apparently that is fine.  Hey, this game was thoroughly tested and what we have is what was deemed proper.