Sign in to follow this  

A couple of questions regarding DLC allowance in Online Custom Cup

So, after buying the Sprint Pack DLC last night, I set off to create a Custom Cup session. I hit "Yes" on the "Allow downloadable content" screen and created the session WITHOUT using any of the Sprint Pack tracks. The players I invited to the session couldn't join because they didn't own the DLC. Makes sense why, all good. Went back, selected "No", recreated the session, and went on with our racing.

Now, the players who I race with regularly don't have any intention to buy the Sprint Pack as they're not point-to-point racing fans. However, we all intend to get the Touring Car Legends Pack.

My questions are:

If I own the Sprint Pack AND Touring Car Legends Pack and act as the host using just Silverstone and Donington and NOT the point-to-point tracks, will the other players who don't own the Sprint Pack still be able to join the session?

Will the game be able to make a difference between which expansion is allowed/used and which one isn't? 

Will the session have to be created (and DLC allowed) by the player who only owns the Touring Car Legends Pack / less DLC packs in order for it to work, just like in GRID 2?

Seriously, I don't want to have to give up the host role just because I own more expansions than the players I race with. I don't want to create a session with no one able to join it just because I own an extra pack which my fellow racers don't and which I won't even use online. Wouldn't it be a better idea to allow us to select exactly which expansions are allowed? It's only going to be three of them, afterall.

Come on... these DLC compatibility issues completely ruined the online mode for GRID 2. Are we REALLY going to have to experience this again?

you called it , and CM f**ked up i have downloading and deleting for hours trying to get it to work

talked to Sony and i am getting a refund on the legends pack , $13 for nothing

If I own the Sprint Pack AND Touring Car Legends Pack and act as the host using just Silverstone and Donington and NOT the point-to-point tracks, will the other players who don't own the Sprint Pack still be able to join the session?

No

Will the game be able to make a difference between which expansion is allowed/used and which one isn't? 

No

Will the session have to be created (and DLC allowed) by the player who only owns the Touring Car Legends Pack / less DLC packs in order for it to work, just like in GRID 2?

Yes

This is being discussed today, should hopefully have more answers for you soon.

Loore said:

No

No

Yes

Well, that was certainly...honest.

Loore said:

No

No

Yes

Though we've all got it figured out by now, thanks for your reply, @Loore
Hope the introduction of filters is going to work out. It would definitely sort this DLC mess out.

OnLiveTig said:
Well, that was certainly...honest.

An honest reply is what I was looking for in the first place.  I don't see a problem with that.
It's not like I started this thread for CM to tell me exactly what I want to hear. I asked for information. :)

Eh, I could have lived without the Sprint Pack but I have bought the Touring pack. 
@Loore . My question is if you create a custom room and you click No on Expansion packs can you still use the Cars you've downloaded or is that just in custom cups where the option has been checked Yes?

Eh, I could have lived without the Sprint Pack but I have bought the Touring pack. 
@Loore . My question is if you create a custom room and you click No on Expansion packs can you still use the Cars you've downloaded or is that just in custom cups where the option has been checked Yes?
I'm curious cause I remember one of your post where u said that if codies have put the Volvo wagon in the DLC you wouldn't have bought it! So what made u change your mind?  :)

My question is if you create a custom room and you click No on Expansion packs can you still use the Cars you've downloaded or is that just in custom cups where the option has been checked Yes?
@mikevoltz1: From my experience, no. If you select No, the whole content related to the expansion packs you own becomes unavailable to select. Including the Touring Legends cars and their category. The other three Car Packs (British, Road & Track, Coupe) work without a problem though. No compatibility issues there.

I guess it makes no difference THE TOURING PACK is yet another DLC I can't download on Xbox, I'm getting sick and tired of buying stuff I can't download...W T F??? @Loore I know you say this is a Microsoft problem, but this is the only game I have trouble with the DLC!!!! So explain that one!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Codies sure learn from their fails.

Really? Haven't you been ABLE to add a simple option for hosts to choose which DLCs they want to use on the lobby?
Then delete "Masters" from the company's name. I guess I should stop buying Grid games. DiRT games don't have this kind of issues. At least they didn't. As of now I think it'd be the same.

Not against you, Loore, but that's really annoying.

So, let me get this right. I've bought the Touring Legends DLC, and all I can do with it is the three career championships? Wish I'd have know this before I shelled out over ten quid. Donington and the Alfas are  great but already I'm feeling as though the fun may be short lived.