Sign in to follow this  

Wake up folks, the politic behind these DLC is unacceptable!!!

I'm sorry but i'm sick and tired of this situation,I mean how the hell is possible to keep releasing DLC recycled from GRID2???And i know you codemasters said they were already scheduled, i don't care this is ridiculous,unfair,lame and lazy! Do u think we are just a bunch of fools?! Sorry i'm talking mad because this means passion and love for GAS and all racing games! 

Thank you to make us pay twice for the same content, we are not all rich here and now the latest dlc so far, look at this: http://www.videogamer.com/pc/grid_autosport/news/grid_autosport_sprint_pack_dlc_introduces_a_new_point-to-point_mode.html

And the most weird and funny thing is that they put all the cars from G2 for dlc except the AWESOME VOLVOs60 and VW Scirocco STC the only two worth to have!!! so WHY did u do that??  I want Volvo and VW as a free DLC and we expect from you Codies at least some FREE DLC, we deserve it, even GTA5 gave FREE DLC come on and after the problems and issues with GAS it's fair to ask it!!! 

Few more things, you codies said that we would have got the (touring car legends) before october and not by or during october please not another month waiting! About DRAG dlc i hope it was a mistake because would be a failure sorry but i don't even consider Drag as a racing discipline! Instead stay focused on Touring car that is so vast Because Grid is touring car first of all!!!!! Let me know what do u guys think!

Loore,Hattah,Justbeegle please read this and answer me!

My feelings about this matter make me think at this song by the AWESOME KORN!!!  B)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WLJY-N9QSD8 

I've suspected all along that some of the extra content in Autosport was intended for GRID2, but once Codemasters saw how badly that was going they decided to re-tool the game (hence cheap cockpits) into a semi-sim and sell it again as a full price game. This recycling of content almost confirms this.

I guess most GRID2 purchasers are regretting that now. It's all business though, I guess, as patching GRID2 into what Autosport has become would have been less straightforward.

Anyhoo, as my PC is too old currently, I'm holding off getting Autosport until the Reloaded/all-in-one pack eventually appears (no doubt, looking at how previous Codemasters games went).

Its a $6 DLC for 4 new tracks. I aint gonna complain as this isnt bad at all as even if its the same content, there are still a lot of work needs to be done to push up the quality of Autosport.

Compared to microtransactions, grind trees and always online like The Crew. I'll pick Autosport over The Crew any day.

katoh74 said:

is Sprint Pack not included in season Pass?

I believe it's included! so 30 Euros for season pass: 3E best british + 3E boost pack + 3E coupe style + 6E sprint pack = 15E so the other 15E should be for the last 2 dlc touring and drag?? But i think they will charge them with a bigger price! So far all contents from Grid 2, clap clap what a masterpiece!

Who cares . Man it goes from bitching about no patch to recycled grid 2 dlc. Will it ever stop ?
There's always something to complain about. If there was no save corruption, this would have started sooner. It's a fair complaint though. People bought this game and whoever got the season pass has bought Grid 2 again. I have nothing to complain about though, as I'm wise with my money and never buy DLC unless it adds something new, like a new story arc or whatever

Who cares . Man it goes from bitching about no patch to recycled grid 2 dlc. Will it ever stop ?
I seriously doubt it! These guys seem to have some built up rage inside them! Never seen so much bitching before!

They have a right to "bitch". Codemasters is being lazy, and as paying customers we have the right to bitch and not settle for low-grade support and laziness like you lot.

They have a right to "bitch". Codemasters is being lazy, and as paying customers we have the right to bitch and not settle for low-grade support and laziness like you lot.
doyley101 said:
You know you could just not buy it...
Exactly @doyley101‌ ,but they gotta bitch even though they may not buy it . Bitching is just in people's DNA .

doyley101 said:
Yeah. That's my take on it too. Vote with your wallet.

I was going to get season pass then thought no. I would wait. I did not buy Grid 2, so I don't really care whether or not they are there. Point to point sounds good to me and $6 for 4 tracks is good value IMO so I will almost certainly buy at some point.

doyley101 said:
Exactly @doyley101‌ ,but they gotta bitch even though they may not buy it . Bitching is just in people's DNA .
You lot are pathetic. I bought the game. I was unhappy with it after discovering the bugs. I started complaining. CM took their sweet ass time with support. More people complained. To my knowledge we still don't have a US PS3 patch three or so months after release. What harm does it do to let the developer know that they can do a better job?

Sheep.

I'm gonna buy it and I have grid 2 but I don't really care if it was in the last one. I didn't buy the season pass, yet I've bought all dlc that's been out and I'll probably end up getting all of it . So guess I'm a sucker .

I'm gonna buy it and I have grid 2 but I don't really care if it was in the last one. I didn't buy the season pass, yet I've bought all dlc that's been out and I'll probably end up getting all of it . So guess I'm a sucker .

You're only a sucker if you don't do what's right for you.

I think pre-orders and season passes without knowing what the content is are for suckers too. Saying that I did the pre-order thing this time for the first time ever. Can't say I was overwhelmed by the experience, but did get a strong indication of the game content beforehand.

Will complaining about complainers ever stop?

You prefer old/recycled content over new/fresh content?

I think if they're going to charge money for a DLC add-on, then the "add-on" should "add" something new that has not already been in the game's prior installments.

Buying a season pass for a game before the specific contents of that season pass have been revealed is a blind/faith purchase - you don't know what you're getting, but you're trusting the game's creators to deliver something good...

...If I had been a trusting long-time fan who played prior installments & purchased a season pass for the latest game in the series, I'd feel cheated to have my season pass money wasted on old/recycled content that I had already played before.

Operator1 said:

Will complaining about complainers ever stop?

You prefer old/recycled content over new/fresh content?

I think if they're going to charge money for a DLC add-on, then the "add-on" should "add" something new that has not already been in the game's prior installments.

Buying a season pass for a game before the specific contents of that season pass have been revealed is a blind/faith purchase - you don't know what you're getting, but you're trusting the game's creators to deliver something good...

...If I had been a trusting long-time fan who played prior installments & purchased a season pass for the latest game in the series, I'd feel cheated to have my season pass money wasted on old/recycled content that I had already played before.

People have a right to complain. What they don't have a right is to tell other people what to do. For some people (me) the DLC is fine, for others clearly not. CM will be judged by the collective, not the individual.

As for season pass, seems like madness to me. Give me your money for ... something you don't know what. You get the stuff cheaper than the individual parts ? Well that's a gamble you take then. Sometimes it amazes me how easily people give up their cash. Harsh lesson ? Maybe. Better off learning that with a few quid though than with real money.

NhraRacer said:
I seriously doubt it! These guys seem to have some built up rage inside them! Never seen so much bitching before!
You still don't get that this is a forum, right? If everything was fine and self-explanatory with this game, it would be pretty much deserted.
The opposite is happening with it, though. I've never seen a (racing-)game that was so half-baked in my entire gamng history (ranging back into the early ninetys). Three months through, still some platforms that can't play the game due to gamebreaking bugs.
Tons of features that are common sense in racing games simply don't exist and many more aren't thought through and add nothing to the game, except annoyance.
Now we get DLCs which content was not only already decided before release, it was already present before starting production of that game itself! Apart from a little adjustment this content didn't need any new work. You actually pay for something, that you paid in Grid 2 before, 'cause there the main develeopment of the content took place. If that was already ingame or came as free dlc, no problem, but paying that much for something that hardly needed the amount of work anything new would need, that's not fair. That's 10-12% of the games retail-price... where's the relation in that?

So yeah, seeing what they do here, it's understandable that everyone is raging about that game. Problem is, though this might be a good game in its core, all these bugs and dubious price politics won't help them with future games.
I definately won't ever again preorder a CM game, get a season pass or whatever.
And as there are no demos anymore, the only way to halfway know what you are getting is to 'find' a copy, thoroughly test it and then, maybe, after some months and patches, buy it for decent money.

Complaining about the complainers is a waste of time. Just let people have their say about the game and the content offered.

I for one think that the Sprint Pack is fantastic - at least from my perspective, since I skipped GRID2. Therefore, to me, it's a much welcomed addition for which I happily spent $6 on.

And that's another thing - the pricing of DLCs. They are (or seem) a lot more sensible than in previous games. I suppose that's a result of another lesson learned?

With that said, I wouldn't encourage CM to offer content from previous games as DLC in the future, as they've done with the Car Packs for instance.

Operator1 said:

I can tell you from this point forward they will need to earn my trust back before I lay down another cent for anything made by codemasters.

come on people , be possitive  , we all know that GAS will be no a completely new game but that it would have many similarities about content with Grid 2... For me the point is to play something i like and to have fun with it.. With Grid 2 i had not fun (becuase it was not the real next Grid  game , it was too arcade etc bla bla bla) but GAS is really one of best racing game i have ever played , so any extra track is wellcome !  B)