F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

NASCAR

73duster said:

I wouldn't put ANY faith in anything Redwings says. He is basically ETX's PR representative. I told everyone on SEVERAL occasions that ETX was going to leave everyone hanging in terms of fixing the game, and was going to focus on milking people with their garbage DLC.

That's EXACTLY what's happened, and Redwings had tried to shut me down on more than one occasion. In fact, SEVERAL members were always getting upset whenever I tried to warn others about what was going to happen.

Now everyone is complaining and asking about another patch. Redwings has little to say except vague crap.

Yea i don't really have a lot of respect for redwings either but im just telling yall what he said. Anyway its crazy how many people are asking for codemasters to make nascar games. People making videos, sending tweets to them and etc. I mean its crazy how this is happening. I just want some company other than ETX to make nascar games. If codemasters don't wanna do it we still have a lot of options. 2K is another good suggestion if codemasters don't wanna do it.  

@Briton: I was curious if you were still around and if you could give us Nascar fans any insight as to if the Codemasters dev team have decided to hopefully throw their hat into the Nascar gaming scene?

I don't have much money myself, but I would gladly give what I can as far as crowd funding to help get this going. I know it wouldn't be much in the grand scheme of things for what you have to do, but ya gotta start somewhere. I've already given Etx alot of money that felt wasted so why not a company that I trust to make damn good racing games(Toca Grid F1 Dirt) all games I grew up on so I know you would do NASCAR justice.

I'm from the Etx forums, and im humbly asking for any info(hope) that you guys are highly considering it. Thanks to Briton or any devs who respond to this post in advance.

it would be nice if they would say if they are talking about making one or confirm they are making one. how about it a @Britpoint and other codemaster devs.

Here is just another lame reaction by a moderator at the ETX You have received an infraction at NASCAR The Game Forums:
Dear 73duster,

You have received an infraction at NASCAR The Game Forums.

Reason: Inappropriate Behaviour
-------
Hi,

We understand that stating your frustrations is something that is going to happen due to the NASCAR 14 situation, however there is a time where the constant reminders and additional name calling is out of hand. Rude and abusive comments towards any entity really do not belong on the forum.

Thanks.

I'm in no way disagreeing or agreeing with any of your posts. Just enforcing the rules.
-------

This infraction is worth 1 point(s) and may result in restricted access until it expires. Serious infractions will never expire.

Original Post:
http://forums.nascarthegame.com/showthread.php?p=495706
I can't believe there are people who STILL think ETX is going to fix anything.
ETX is GARBAGE.

All the best,
NASCAR The Game Forums

As you can see, ALL I did was call ETX "garbage", yet Redwings lumped that in with "namecalling", which is against forum rules. I didn't call ANYONE who was a forum MEMBER a name. Eutechnyx doesn't even look at the forum, much less PARTICIPATE.

THIS is why that forum sucks. Moderators who are only there to kiss ETX ass, and to help them promote their DLC crap. I have ZERO respect for that clown.

L33TPilot said:
They won't confirm DiRT 4, but will certainly confirm that they're making NASCAR game.

Is this sarcasm cause I looked and there isn't
anything that says they are making a NASCAR game? As far as announcements anyway(lol).

@73duster: Its been that way way since the start of their forums, its nothing new and doesn't suprise me one bit. That forum is dead/dying anyway.

I understand the part about name calling, but how does calling ETX garbage constitute name calling? ETX is NOT a forum member, and it's ridiculous to give someone an infraction for calling a developer garbage.

Redwingsrule is a douchebag. Now THAT'S an infraction, but not HERE!

I have to be honest, I've dreamed many a day about CM getting the NASCAR rights as well.

I actually got a little excited with DiRT Showdown finding new AND old style NASCAR modifieds in the car roster, as well as a midget car (small wingless Sprint car). I'd hoped to see them return in GRID Autosport, but no such luck.

CM is the racing developer that I WANT to see making these games. I'm a hardcore racing fanatic (not at all a fan of the Hoonigan events in the DiRT series), been hooked ever since finding DiRT on PS3, then cementing the love for CM through GRID and the F1 series'.

GRID Autosport is almost exactly what I'd hoped for out of GRID 2, but DiRT's never quite been the same for me since the first game.

So what do you say, Codemasters? How about looking into the three main World Racing Group series' (DirtCar), tackling the NASCAR touring divisions, or, (this American's wet dream) both?

You'd get my money, for sure.

Codemasters can we get any word about if their is even a thought about making a nascar game?

Please codemasters even a No at this point would at least put our minds to rest. I cant speak for everyone, but I'm not to proud to beg lol. Thank you in advance.

I'm sorry for not responding sooner, the title of this thread didn't suggest that there was a question in here that needed answering... We make racing games, we always have done, it's part of our heritage and we probably always will do - because we love racing! We're not however currently making any NASCAR games, despite some of the rumours flying around out there. It would certainly be an exciting prospect and would make a lot of people happy as well as being great addition to our portfolio, so if ever we do, you can be sure you'll be the first to know :)

pls contact nascar and bug them till they let you guys make a nascar game the nascar games etx put out are crap and I know yall codemasters would do good.

Satine said:
I'm sorry for not responding sooner, the title of this thread didn't suggest that there was a question in here that needed answering... We make racing games, we always have done, it's part of our heritage and we probably always will do - because we love racing! We're not however currently making any NASCAR games, despite some of the rumours flying around out there. It would certainly be an exciting prospect and would make a lot of people happy as well as being great addition to our portfolio, so if ever we do, you can be sure you'll be the first to know :)
so has their been any talk about contacting nascar about making a game?

Nascar game ?  Codemasters ?  Are you kidding ?   They got to figure out how to build a race car with a mirror first and then remember that they need to stop for tires and fuel... Just the basics will do and they might get it right.... Then it should be offered to everyone that bought GAS as an apology for taking money for a game that didn't work and still doesn't..... Nascar , they can't do it ...... Sorry, but GAS could have and should have been a great game as it has so many good qualities but someone missed the basics and now they don't seem to care... Did anyone mention a freeze or two or ?????

Eutechnyx has officially shut down their forum. It's only surprising that they waited THIS long, except that they were still hoping to sell their DLC garbage.

Sales have probably frozen to a halt, and now we can only wait.

Hey i just read that Eutechnyx doesn't have the NASCAR rights anymore and that Dmi a Charlotte North Carolina based team is working on a NASCAR Sim for Xbox One PS4 and PC. It will be released in 2016. here is the link to the story    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/19/new-nascar-sim-headed-to-ps4-xbox-one-pc-in-2016

Hey i just read that Eutechnyx doesn't have the NASCAR rights anymore and that Dmi a Charlotte North Carolina based team is working on a NASCAR Sim for Xbox One PS4 and PC. It will be released in 2016. here is the link to the story    http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/01/19/new-nascar-sim-headed-to-ps4-xbox-one-pc-in-2016

It's good to know that SOMETHING is in the works. Unfortunately it will be quite a while before we ever get to see it, and that's if it isn't DELAYED, which is rare in today's day and age.

The article also mentions that DMI has purchased many of Eutechnyx's crap, so hopefully DMI isn't just a continuation of ETX garbage. On the bright side, in spite of ETX's substandard work, I always felt like Ed Martin had little to do with ETX's releases. He was responsible for the Thunder series at EA which were the best Nascar games ever released.

He is president of DMI, and I hope that means he is DIRECTLY involved with the development and overall final product. I don't know WHAT to think at this time since nobody really knows what DMI really is.

Is it a completely new game developer? Or is it simply an offshoot of ETX, which it may be since DMI president Ed Martin was also the head of marketing at ETX.

I don't know how I feel about this, but at least there is a Nascar title in the works.

Here are some of my thoughts on Dmi games, and the upcoming Nascar http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YGWypLJZVY0

I don't have any confidence in the new team. The "2015" site, has both Eutechnyx and DMi websites listed. Along with Ed Martin still being involved, I just don't have an ounce of faith in their upcoming game.

Never mind that they bought Eutechnyx crap to use in the game.

I guess we'll see. But I won't be buying their release day one. I'll wait til I see some reviews, and hear feedback from people I trust. Until then, DMi is just an extension of Eutechnyx in my eyes. I really hope they prove me wrong.