Sign in to follow this  

NASCAR

NASCAR is very challenging and tons of fun although the latest incarnation is a bug fest and even the online replays crash the game... Otherwise mastering the (many) tracks and navigating the swarms of cars can make for a great challenge and tons of fun...

likewise said:
NASCAR is very challenging and tons of fun although the latest incarnation is a bug fest and even the online replays crash the game... Otherwise mastering the (many) tracks and navigating the swarms of cars can make for a great challenge and tons of fun...
Yeah, I love racing NASCAR. I just haven't been able to do it for a few years now since the only ones out are old as dirt, or bug fest.

My favorite is still NASCAR 2005 on the PS2. I would really like to see a proper NASCAR Sim that was able to adapt to allow newcomers to have fun, and sill let Sim fans donthwir thing. One day...

SynGamer said:
My favorite is still NASCAR 2005 on the PS2. I would really like to see a proper NASCAR Sim that was able to adapt to allow newcomers to have fun, and sill let Sim fans donthwir thing. One day...
I have Nascar 2008 on the 360 used to play it all the time then got bored with it, some nice songs on the soundtrack aswell.

SynGamer said:
I still play 04 Chase for the cup sometimes :P

I think it would be great if Codemasters would take the franchise. As a moderator for the current company that has the NASCAR franchise, I can say there is a lot to be desired in not only the gaming aspect, but the community involvement as well. While it is my fear that once the current company quits making the games there will not be another game for a good while, I would much rather have that then it continuing on the path it is currently on.

Dude they added "super utes". Anything is quite possible now. Get hyped! (Unless its drift related, they despise anything related to that :3)

Vader0309 said:
I think it would be great if Codemasters would take the franchise. As a moderator for the current company that has the NASCAR franchise, I can say there is a lot to be desired in not only the gaming aspect, but the community involvement as well. While it is my fear that once the current company quits making the games there will not be another game for a good while, I would much rather have that then it continuing on the path it is currently on.
I gave up after 2011 anyway. I tried 2014, but the wheel support was too poor for my taste. I have no plans on ever buying another one from them. So I'd much rather have some dead years til a compitent dev picked it up, than have them keep wasting years and making people think no one wants a NASCAR game >.>

It couldn't be any worse than the one that is already on the shelve. If they made the physics engine like the one in Grid and the cars with damage like they did in the demo derby it would already be a step up from what we have in a NASCAR game right now. I'm so fed up with ETX. If not for Codies I would have very dim view of UK developers.

watch the occasional race on TV not a big follower though got the 2013 game mostly for a little bit of oval racing fun I quite enjoy it but I don't play it that much tbf but I think that's partly down to having lots of other stuff to do right now

It couldn't be any worse than the one that is already on the shelve. If they made the physics engine like the one in Grid and the cars with damage like they did in the demo derby it would already be a step up from what we have in a NASCAR game right now. I'm so fed up with ETX. If not for Codies I would have very dim view of UK developers.
I don't really blame you. They need some new talent in that studio or something. But it would take an Epic NASCAR game for me to buy another game from "ETX racing". I do like how they thought changing their name would make a difference though :P

There is a lot of money on the table if you guys decide to make the game. It may only be popular inside the united states but there is still a very large market.

I would like to play a good sim nascar game with out glitches that is close to the real thing as you can get but etx racing cant do that they cant even patch there game right.

I would like to play a good sim nascar game with out glitches that is close to the real thing as you can get but etx racing cant do that they cant even patch there game right.
I heard they just patched Nascar '14 and fixed the game working (I.E. they broke it) lol.

I heard they just patched Nascar '14 and fixed the game working (I.E. they broke it) lol.
Man they fixed the game not it was a okay game then the patch now its tied for worst nascar game since ntg2011.

Man they fixed the game not it was a okay game then the patch now its tied for worst nascar game since ntg2011.
Wow, that bad? That's actually depressing.

Wow, that bad? That's actually depressing.
pros of patch from etx
the ai is ok now not over aggressive
3 to 6 new drivers added
can practice a richmond

cons of ntg 14 patch from etx 
they killed a ok online play lots of lag and a bigger bubble
26 chase in career irl its 16 in the chase 
the new qualifying works when it wants to. 
freezing glitch still there
and much more.

we need codemasters to make nascar where it will be a simulation game.

It might not be too popular outside of the states, but let Codemasters make a full game and I bet you if everyone was using a good wheel and tried a truly good nascar game, you would suddenly find yourself falling in love with driving in circles, lol. There is a lot more to it than most people think. And to truly drive one of these beast is A LOT of fun.