Sign in to follow this  

NASCAR

MLT24 said:
It might not be too popular outside of the states, but let Codemasters make a full game and I bet you if everyone was using a good wheel and tried a truly good nascar game, you would suddenly find yourself falling in love with driving in circles, lol. There is a lot more to it than most people think. And to truly drive one of these beast is A LOT of fun. 
The ability to race side by side for laps at a time makes it a blast when racing with good AI or the right people.

I for one love Nascar, in fact that is what I wanted to do when I grew up. I am pushing 40 now well in less than 2 weeks I will be 40. Depressing... but anyway I have driven ovals in Karts for years when I was young on dirt & asphalt. And I can tell you I have ran road course too. But I would say ovals are harder on you physically & mentally. Especially short ovals. Just because you never seem to have a chance to breath. Except under cautions. 

I would love to see a Nascar game or just a general Oval racing game period! Have dirt ovals & paved ovals of all different sizes, shapes, & banking. Use car's modeled after Cup cars, NNS, Trucks, as well as open wheel Indycars & Modifieds. Then the dirt cars IMO are even wilder you have 410 Sprints, Super Late Models, Midgets, Street Stocks, & Banger's. Some of you guys may not know what a Super Late Model is if you think driving one of those cars is easy you are crazy! Look them up on Youtube.

I know a game like this would be tilted towards a very narrow audience but, done well it could be a very, very fun game to play online with others. Kind of like GAS is now. Have a Dirt Playlist & a Pavement one or both. 

It could be fun and challenging to those who think, all you are doing is turning left. 

The one thing I thought etx did an ok job on was the paint booth. If code masters did a NASCAR game I'd hope there was some kind of paint booth.

Hey FOSTBITTEN, Codemasters did have a lot of that racing in Toca 3, so they know how to do it and do it well. I loved the late models on oval dirt. 

"I would love to see a Nascar game or just a general Oval racing game period! Have dirt ovals & paved ovals of all different sizes, shapes, & banking. Use car's modeled after Cup cars, NNS, Trucks, as well as open wheel Indycars & Modifieds. Then the dirt cars IMO are even wilder you have 410 Sprints, Super Late Models, Midgets, Street Stocks, & Banger's. Some of you guys may not know what a Super Late "

Yep CM knows what you are talking about. Toca had every kind of racing in the world, and they cut the game into different disciplines of racing: F1, Dirt, and Grid, they just never got back to Nascar and the rest you talk about here. IT would be a great idea to have an Oval Game dedicated to its racing history.

Watch these and
 drool. Yes this is Codemasters way back. They had better online 8 years ago than Eutechnyx can pull off today, lmao.

http://youtu.be/h9nwqVuLhbY

http://youtu.be/ZVny6eYYGcY

And look at CM's nascar back in the day. Better than the crap out now, lol.
And Toca had a sim level so as to seperate the true sim lovers from the arcade drivers. And everyone was happy. I don't understand why CM took that out of their games?? They now go after trying to make everyone happy with one level of driving physics, why not just have 2, or different levels as before? If they ever make a Nascar game or oval game, i sure hope they bring that back.

http://youtu.be/avMnT0XwClk

YEP THATS IT..that nascar vid shows that cm games back then blows etx game out of the water..and theres r new. just think how good a new game would look with a full 16 car field. =P~

YEP THATS IT..that nascar vid shows that cm games back then blows etx game out of the water..and theres r new. just think how good a new game would look with a full 16 car field. =P~
43!

I say we keep this Thread at the top of the list so it stays in CM's face all the time. Get your friends to post on here that would like to see CM make a Nascar game. If CM sees they can make some $$, then maybe they will take it on.

Personally I think it can make as much money as their F1 series does. That is just one kind of racing that not everyone enjoys. So Nascar falls into same category as a specialized kind of racing. And if CM can make a good one, I think the 2nd game they put out will make a lot of $$ for CM, an actual profit. Maybe even the first one will bring a profit, I personally know of about 10 friends that would buy it if CM made it. They all gave up on EA then EXT and didn't but the last game.

A NASCAR game made by Codemasters would be epic as long as they make it a true sim. Console NASCAR games haven't been sim-focused since Heat 2002 and Dirt to Daytona, both of which are 13 years old. A true NASCAR sim would not only appeal to NASCAR fans, but hardcore racing fans in general.

I really enjoyed NASCAR Inside Line, even with its flaws it was a good game. If they could have implemented updated cars liveries and drivers, I would have been happy with that. But it was like they tried to make a new game and it was just too much for their 8 man staff. Codies has a pretty good physics engine with F1 and Grid Autosport has flashes of Briliance. I think they could definitely get it done if they wanted to. 

I joined this forum today for ONE reason, and ONE reason only, to ask Codemasters to develop a Nascar game! Eutechnyx is GARBAGE. They have regurgitated the SAME broken product since 2011, and many of us are desperate for a truly immersive Nascar game.

It's pretty obvious that ETX decided to focus more on the ONLINE MULTIPLAYER aspect, because they haven't been able to create a proper offline career mode in FOUR tries!

The best sports titles are games that have deep and immersive offline career modes. For example, games like MLB The Show and NBA2K.

Eutechnyx doesn't even have STATISTICS! How can you develop FOUR Nascar games in a row with NO statistics!? How can you even HAVE a career without stats?

There is also NO presentation, or career building aspect. On the "racing" side, the AI is ATTROCIOUS! The best Nascar game on a console is STILL Nascar Thunder 2004, a game that is over TEN YEARS OLD!

I believe you guys can develop an AMAZING Nascar game, ESPECIALLY with next gen hardware. There are plenty of fans thirsty for a great Nascar experience. Please rescue us from ETX!

Hello everyone. I just joined this forum today. Codemasters,I along with a lot of others would love for you guys to make NASCAR games. I am a pretty big fan of your grid series and you guys have done incredible work with that game. Damage looks great, AI is good, graphics is good, sound of the cars. Anyway I would love for you guys to make NASCAR games. I am pretty positive that you guys can get the job done just like you did with your grid games. I got confidence that you guys can make NASCAR games that has a deep presentation, a deep career mode, have great physics, great graphics, great damage model and more. So I and along with many other NASCAR fans would love for you guys to make NASCAR games. We would all really appreciate it.

I just joined too. I was banned from Eut for stating that they made terrible games. It's a shame that a good company like Codemasters won't make a NASCAR game. I'm hoping that they will in the future. Also, this site not having Fisha as a mod is nice :)

Hello everyone. I just joined this forum today. I can't say I've ever played a Codemasters racing game, but from what I hear they are amazing. I've always heard the graphics, sound, and gameplay, among other things, are simply stunning. I would love for you guys to make a NASCAR game. Eutechnyx has had three iterations of a NASCAR game out since 2011, and each time they make the same mistakes and can never seem to fix them properly. And I was one of the few people that supported them after all of the problems. But it's kind of obvious that for every step forward, they take three steps backward. It's just time for someone else to take the helm on this property, and I feel that you guys could do it, as you have mine, as well as a bunch of my fellow NASCAR fans support. We all would appreciate the effort.

If these guys do decide to make NASCAR games I wonder if they will add nationwide and trucks to their first game. It really doesn't matter to me but I'm just curious if they would or not.

I personally would like a good Cup Career mode with a chance of owning a team or earning a top ride. Nationwide and trucks are not that important to me.

Vader0309 said:
I personally would like a good Cup Career mode with a chance of owning a team or earning a top ride. Nationwide and trucks are not that important to me.
and a good online..and a paint booth..gotta have that
[-O<

If Codemasters ever decides to develop a Nascar title, the best way to start would be to use Nascar Thunder 2004 as a baseline. Bring everything up to modern day standards with next gen consoles, and add the type of presentation and in depth career creation and building from games like MLB The Show and NBA2K.

In addition to a diverse paint booth, we need the ability to create custom characters(drivers), and design custom firesuits to match our custom created paint schemes. These are just SOME of the things that make these other sports games so immersive and fun.

If you guys at Codemasters are ever interested, I'd be happy to discuss ideas for the offline career mode. You have a large fanbase of gamers who want a great Nascar title.

Vader0309 said:
I agree. I want a career mode thats really deep. Starting off as a nobody trying to make races every week. Then as you progress your way up you start to get notice by different teams and stuff. You can have a choice to sign with a team or not. Or you can continue to build on your team.You can have choices to hire better crew members like spotter, crew chief, and pit crew. Also you can have the option to buy better resources. And sponsors can notice you and you can sign with them so they can be on your car. That's all if you want to build on your team. If i had the choice to build on my own team or sign with another team i will build on my own team because it would be more of a challenge and also it would make career mode more fun. Also instead of having a single car team we can have a choice to make a muti car team so we can have teammates. So yea thats my idea of a deep career mode. I got a lot more sugguestions but i will probably list those later on.

I would like a career mode that is a mix of nascar thunder 2004 and total team control 2006. Id take the career from 04 and put it where you could buy into a team from 2006 and make it where you could fire and hire drivers if the cup,nationwide and trucks was in the game.

I like the F1 series just fine but yes i would like Codemasters to make the next  Nascar title.1

I've come the Etx forums too, and I have purchased all of their game. The first one was lacking, the second one was subpar, and the third one was just awful. I refuse to buy any more of that crap and I hope Codemasters can make a NASCAR game.

Duster, you will be happy to know that Codies is very good at tracking your Stats, both on the game and online with their RaceNet. I have no doubt they could make a very playable and enjoyable NASCAR game. Their physics engine is really good, as well as their damage model in Grid Autosport. 

A mix of pressure from the ETX forums and the fact that ETX blocked me on twitter for emailing them SUGGESTIONS led me here. For those who have no idea, I'm a dirty platypus on the ETX forums and after being blocked by ETX by trying to help, I've absolutely given up on them. I'd much rather have a company that can take some sort of criticism make a Nascar game. I run a Nascar '14 league that was destroyed by the latest patch released for the game. No other company could possibly DESTROY a game with a patch that should not have taken 4 months to develop and test. Three years in a row, they have put out horrible games that have been made worse by updates that took MONTHS to release. They've just pushed me over the edge, and at this point, I'd rather have a game made by Codemasters than another embarrassment to Nascar from ETX again.