Jump to content Jump to content

73duster said:

I don't think there WILL be a Nascar 15. If there was ANY chance of it, there would have been some kind of announcement by now. It's probably going to be a couple of years before we see another Nascar title.

I think if a nascar game comes out in 2015 it will be late 2015 and it will not be called nascar 15.

For a game to come out in late 2015, it would have already been well into development at THIS juncture. Do you REALLY believe that there is any Nascar game well into development? If there were, do you think it would be kept in such SECRECY?

I don't think so. Most projects are announced very early in development, and a game based on Nascar needs as much marketing as it can get. I'd like to believe we'll get a new Nascar game by then, but I'm a realist.

Sigh wow i can't believe what i just read on the ETX forums. So i guess ETX are going to continue to make nascar games (sadly) and they are suppose to release Dlc for nascar 14 which i won't be buying. Also they are releasing another patch. So what was all this talk about ETX no longer making nascar games? Anyway this doesn't stop other gaming developers from making nascar games. Hopefully we still get someone to make nascar games. A company thats GOOD and know what they are doing.

Yeah, I just saw that. My stomach turned reading that ETX is STILL planning on making Nascar games. There is still a small chance someone else will develop a Nascar title, but it's probably less likely as long as ETX is still doing so.

We can only hope ETX finally does something more than make bloated claims and false promises. However, I highly doubt it. They say they are "restructuring" the company, but what does that really mean in terms of the future for Nascar games? Perhaps ETX is just B.S.'ing people because they ALSO conveniently announced the upcoming DLC. As I've stated before, they may just be doing damage control in order to keep people believing they are not spending their money on DLC from a company that isn't going to be supporting anything.

They cannot POSSIBLY get any smaller, and their plans seem to include actually branching OUT into mobile device gaming! Perhaps competing with Angry Birds is more their level, but don't see a sophisticated next gen title coming from them.

One thing is for sure, I'm NOT giving ETX another dime ever again, UNTIL I know they released a quality product. Don't be a DAY ONE customer!

73duster said:

Yeah, I just saw that. My stomach turned reading that ETX is STILL planning on making Nascar games. There is still a small chance someone else will develop a Nascar title, but it's probably less likely as long as ETX is still doing so.

We can only hope ETX finally does something more than make bloated claims and false promises. However, I highly doubt it. They say they are "restructuring" the company, but what does that really mean in terms of the future for Nascar games? Perhaps ETX is just B.S.'ing people because they ALSO conveniently announced the upcoming DLC. As I've stated before, they may just be doing damage control in order to keep people believing they are not spending their money on DLC from a company that isn't going to be supporting anything.

They cannot POSSIBLY get any smaller, and their plans seem to include actually branching OUT into mobile device gaming! Perhaps competing with Angry Birds is more their level, but don't see a sophisticated next gen title coming from them.

One thing is for sure, I'm NOT giving ETX another dime ever again, UNTIL I know they released a quality product. Don't be a DAY ONE customer!

IM SO DONE!!!!

I can't believe some of the posts popping up on the ETX forum regarding the NEXT Nascar game, and what ETX should do.

LOL. I can't believe people are ACTUALLY calling for the next game to be a continuation of this failure. Seriously?
If ETX wants to ever be taken seriously, they need to blow up everything related to Nascar 14' and start from scratch. They should want nothing to do this game.
What's the point of "restructuring" the company if they are simply going to build off of a bad product. Successful businesses know when to scrap bad products, they don't continue to waste resources on something that doesn't work. If ETX thinks this they can simply build off of Nascar 14', their sales aren't going to improve at all.

Yes, there are people who actually say they are ok with Nascar 14' being ported to the next gen console.

73duster said:

I can't believe some of the posts popping up on the ETX forum regarding the NEXT Nascar game, and what ETX should do.

LOL. I can't believe people are ACTUALLY calling for the next game to be a continuation of this failure. Seriously?
If ETX wants to ever be taken seriously, they need to blow up everything related to Nascar 14' and start from scratch. They should want nothing to do this game.
What's the point of "restructuring" the company if they are simply going to build off of a bad product. Successful businesses know when to scrap bad products, they don't continue to waste resources on something that doesn't work. If ETX thinks this they can simply build off of Nascar 14', their sales aren't going to improve at all.

Yes, there are people who actually say they are ok with Nascar 14' being ported to the next gen console.

if ntg14 goes next gen it better still be called ntg14 not ntg15 and I think they need to build a new nascar game from ground up. that is if they are not kidding us and have plans for a ntg15.

I am sticking with the fact that they WILL NOT make NASCAR games anymore, but because of that post (which I find hard to believe is true) there could be another fact to it...and that is basically Eutechnyx holding the license but becoming more of a license holder and giving it to another company to make it, while Eutechnyx still gets credit for it, but someone gets paid to do all the work.

^^That is a FAR better alternative to ETX developing the game themselves. Basically, they would be the PUBLISHER. Even if they were simply a publisher, they would still be responsible for deciding when, and in what condition the  game is released in.

They haven't shown that they have ANY quality control standards.

They wouldn't be publisher either, the only thing they'd be able to do is have bragging rights. In all honesty I don't think that's how it will be at all, but those things coming from Eutechnyx admin is really surprising when all the Towlers and what not have already been laid off...they don't even have anyone to do 80% of the work anymore.

Yeah, I don't believe ANYTHING that comes from ETX. There is a TON of misinformation being spread on ETX's forums, including whether or not they are going to release another patch.

Some people are claiming yes, while a couple of the mods have said that the ONLY planned release is the upcoming DLC. This is why I have been saying that all ETX is concerned with is ripping people off with their DLC garbage.

Why anyone would give ETX another dime at this point is BEYOND me.

I do not want to sound rude at all. But, I would really prefer if the game was made here in the U.S. it always seems to me like NASCAR loses something in translation. I do not know why I feel it does but it always seems like to me it did lose something. Again I do not want to sound rude. 

I am sure if the roles were reversed and an American company would try to make a BTCC, F1, or V8 Super's. The feeling would be much the same. Again go ahead and call me a stupid Yank redneck.I do not care.

73duster said:

You misunderstood what I was saying over on the other forums. I don't think things can get done from scratch. They have to have a base. I do not want a NASCAR 15, but if they are going to make another game, I'd rather they fix the one they have, and port it out. If they have indeed restructured, then maybe the people they put in place can actually do something. But if you noticed, that thread that said they are continuing went away, so hopefully that was information that wasn't true. But if they have the license for more games, I don't think they can get it done without fixing what they have and using that as their guide. 

I disagree with the notion that they can build off of what they have right now. It's a complete mess, and to try and use the blueprint of Nascar 14' would only lead to MORE failure. I don't know if that's what you meant, but several others on the ETX forums were saying that ETX could simply build off of Nascar 14'.

If they are going to seriously move forward with developing Nascar games, they NEED to start from scratch. The stench from ETX's previous work will ruin any chance of success. I don't see people getting excited about Nascar 14' 2.0, ESPECIALLY for next gen consoles. Successful businesses cut their losses and either move on to something else, or make wholesale changes across the board.

ETX is calling what's happening a "restructuring" of the company. Nobody really knows what they mean by this, because we are talking about ETX. Normally, restructuring is quite a large change across the board. I would think this includes the development team as well.

As it stands, the current team is clueless about this product, and they need SERIOUS help.

Whatever you're suggesting @73duster‌, would not happen if Eutechnyx were to continue. In fact, if they were to continue making NASCAR games, you'd see an even bigger recycled game than what we just had in order for them to make a good amount of money to help themselves financially . They do not even have next gen engine, so they wouldn't make next gen title. Does next gen matter? Perhaps not just yet, but less and less people will buy games for older gens thus whatever they'll do I think will just ruin the franchise even more.

I'm actually NOT advocating that ETX continue making Nascar games, I was just saying that if they DID, the only real way that they could develop a successful Nascar game would be to start from scratch, and hiring the right people who know what they are doing.