Jump to content Jump to content

Dalejrfanfreak here. EA and Eutechnyx ruined my love of Nascar games. Dirt to Daytona was the last great nascar game and that was on the ps2! Only codemasters can save nascar console games now (unless we got iracing which won't happen). Anyways, here's to hoping codemasters gets the nascar license, nothing is more depressing than my favorite sport having crap video games for over a decade.

Forgot to mention, I'm a ps4 owner and I bought dirt 2, 3, and all of the f1 games minus the last one (had to save up for ps4 stuff) for ps3. Grid 1 and 2 was fun but too arcadey for my tastes. 

Anyways, do a ps4 nascar game that is similar to dirt to Daytona and you'll have my money every time a new version is released.

Heck, if you guys are worried about risk do a kick starter and see how many people will throw money at you to do a Nascar game.

L33TPilot said:

I don't think Codemasters are really that good at in depth career either, in fact it they'd probably make it worse than Eutechnyx. Would Codemasters make a good NASCAR game overall? Absolutely.

Depends on how in-depth the career is. I like the "idea" of a really in-depth career spanning 10-20 years, etc, etc. But at the same time, I like the idea of a simply career, say 5 years. There are many restrictions to drivers, teams, and sponsors so I'm not expecting any developer, whoever it is, to include an in-depth career simply because half of the content would be the same year-to-year, or made up/fantasy.

I can't speak for everyone, but the fantasy content in the EA games took me out of the experience.

Yes I am not a fan of fantasy content either, but the games EA made were pretty decent that I wasn't bothered by it that much. Once again I am skeptical that if Codemasters made NASCAR game, they probably wouldn't include all actual 43 different paint schemes, but I hope I am wrong.

L33TPilot said:

Yes I am not a fan of fantasy content either, but the games EA made were pretty decent that I wasn't bothered by it that much. Once again I am skeptical that if Codemasters made NASCAR game, they probably wouldn't include all actual 43 different paint schemes, but I hope I am wrong.

I didn't like part of the fantasy stuff, but at the same time I wasn't bothered by others. The biggest issue I had with EA's fantasy stuff was the triple digit numbers.

L33TPilot said:

I don't think Codemasters are really that good at in depth career either, in fact it they'd probably make it worse than Eutechnyx. Would Codemasters make a good NASCAR game overall? Absolutely.

I think they can do something great for career Its not like their other games like grid lack in a career mode. I know thats a whole different game but they still did a good job when it came to career. No matter what though they will have a better career mode than ETX nascar games lol.

I'm a large fan of motorsports in general. So I play F1 games, Forza, GT and primarily NASCAR. I have NASCAR games spanning from 2003 to 2014 and NASCAR 2005 is the best as it includes multiple car types reflecting different divisions in NASCAR requiring you to work your way up. CM has very fun career modes with a fair amount of depth. Enough that they could probably make the best NASCAR game ever with one solid effort. A terrible, poorly marketed game by a new company had over 750k sales, and was known instantly as awful, so a competent developer group really could make something memorable, fun, and accessible to those who love all forms of racing. (Not to say the game should do away with the NASCAR learning curve, as over simplifying it would continue the stereotypes that have kept hardcore sim fans away from NASCAR games as EA did.) For example iRacing has most forms of paved racing readily available and NASCAR does quite well on that service against F1 Indy and production cars at all track types.

A few suggestions that people on the forums of the current NASCAR want:

-A smooth experience, simply make the racing fun and AI realistic and mostly glitch free and people would come no matter how few features there are. The current group can't even handle the bare bones.

-Usable online with a decent lobby searching system

The rest is things we want:

-Deep enough career to make me come back for season 2,3 etc. in game and be hard to win early. where you earn sponsors as you go

-At least the semi-pro sub series of NASCAR, the Nationwide series, to increase the mobility of career

-paint booth

-some people liked fantasy tracks but either way just have a few f1 tracks to increase replay value

edit:

TO CONFIRM EUTECHNYX DOES NOT HAVE AN EXCLUSIVE LICENSE SO CM COULD MAKE A NASCAR GAME

This is why iRacing GT5, and 6 as well as others can have NASCAR in game.
I also believe the Eutechnyx contract is up, as when they first started out, the url: nascarthegame201x(dot)com worked for every year until 2015 and since games are made a year early I think they are going to need a re-up.

I think Codemasters would easily be able to handle the basics right, the deep end I am not so sure just basing on their other racing games. Remember we're talking about NASCAR not just your average random racer game like Grid or DiRT. They'd 100% have to make a decision whether they make half of the field NASCAR game but include all 3 top series, or make Cup series only game but with full field. In this case, I am pretty sure they'd stick with Cup series only and I wouldn't mind that, I am pretty sure they'd come up with DLC for Trucks and Nationwide guaranteed.

Vader0309 said:

I don't need the other series, and a NASCAR game doesn't need the lower series to be good. So I would say Cup only

I agree. Its like what i said before (when i name those ideas about what they can do with just cup series) it can still be enjoyable. Just look at nascar thunder 2004. I wouldn't mind seeing the nationwide series in the game and the trucks as well. As matter a fact its up to them if they wanted to add that. It would be good though. Im pretty sure they can add it as long as it doesn't cause any bugs or glitches. EA did it with with the old gen consoles so im pretty sure it can get done with today technology. I don't know why ETX never added that in the first place but thats a different story. Anyway its up to them (codemasters) if they wanted to add that in the game.

The only downside to Codies making NASCAR game is it would take 1-2 years of development. Putting it on the Next Gen Consoles, Xbox hardly has any wheel support for the One. And Fanatec already said their existing wheels won't work with the One, meaning I have to buy a new wheel.  :\ 

Maybe I should start saving up!

Get a Ps4 :p 

SynGamer said:

If my sources are correct, ETX no longer has a NASCAR license :)

Oh please yes! For the love of Lord Frieza!

It's official now for people who know it, but not official for the public, well it's not something that business would announce anyways... 'We lost license, we will not make NASCAR games now, so bye'.

Eutechnyx's whole game division is actually shutting down, and Auto Club Revolution will be moved to their studio's at Honk Kong as a project, while few employees might still be assigned to it for the time being at their UK office. They're going full throttle with their ZeroLight project you can Google what that is.