Jump to content Jump to content

Recommended Posts

L33TPilot said:

It's official now for people who know it, but not official for the public, well it's not something that business would announce anyways... 'We lost license, we will not make NASCAR games now, so bye'.

Eutechnyx's whole game division is actually shutting down, and Auto Club Revolution will be moved to their studio's at Honk Kong as a project, while few employees might still be assigned to it for the time being at their UK office. They're going full throttle with their ZeroLight project you can Google what that is.


Woooo!! :D

Link to post
Share on other sites
Vader0309 said:

I don't need the other series, and a NASCAR game doesn't need the lower series to be good. So I would say Cup only

I like how dirt to Daytona did it. They had dirt track racing, modifieds, and the truck series and each one had a different feel to it. It was a blast to go from racing cup at talladega to running modifieds on a Bristol-like short track. If anyone can do multiple racing disciplines it's codemasters.

Link to post
Share on other sites
L33TPilot said:

It's official now for people who know it, but not official for the public, well it's not something that business would announce anyways... 'We lost license, we will not make NASCAR games now, so bye'.

Eutechnyx's whole game division is actually shutting down, and Auto Club Revolution will be moved to their studio's at Honk Kong as a project, while few employees might still be assigned to it for the time being at their UK office. They're going full throttle with their ZeroLight project you can Google what that is.


if this is true hopefully codemasters gets the nascar game. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Someone already took the NASCAR license, so it's not like nobody wants it. However, who makes it is not usually announced until the game is close to release so it might be a year or longer before we get any actual NASCAR game related news.

Link to post
Share on other sites

L33TPilot said:

Someone already took the NASCAR license, so it's not like nobody wants it. However, who makes it is not usually announced until the game is close to release so it might be a year or longer before we get any actual NASCAR game related news.

How do you know someone else took the nascar licenses?

Link to post
Share on other sites

I only see a franchise milking if someone gets the license without having any solid racing games unfortunately. For now, all I can come up is Codemasters, sure there are some good standalone racing game developers like Turn 10 or Polyphony Digital. Having someone with only random Truck Simulator or someone who once upon a time made a racing game ten years ago isn't gonna cut it thus there is a small chance that it will be any better. For now, I am hearing Activision was very interested in getting this license in the past, and we all know they have made pretty terrible quality games by giving it to random developers.

Link to post
Share on other sites

L33TPilot said:

I only see a franchise milking if someone gets the license without having any solid racing games unfortunately. For now, all I can come up is Codemasters, sure there are some good standalone racing game developers like Turn 10 or Polyphony Digital. Having someone with only random Truck Simulator or someone who once upon a time made a racing game ten years ago isn't gonna cut it thus there is a small chance that it will be any better. For now, I am hearing Activision was very interested in getting this license in the past, and we all know they have made pretty terrible quality games by giving it to random developers.

See that kinda makes me nervous now. If we get a developer that really doesn't has experience at making games that wouldn't be good. I don't want a developer that none of us never heard of before to make nascar games. Unless they some how just surprise us and know what they are doing then i would be fine with that. Im not sure about everyone else though.

Link to post
Share on other sites

@Chicken42‌ this is exactly what we don't want or need, it only takes one broken game to lose the interest in that company. Codemasters usually get it right the first time. In fact it's rather odd how they went from having F1 2010 which was a fantastic game, to some not so good F1 games afterwards but at least they always get the basics right and that's all I need. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
L33TPilot said:

@Chicken42‌ this is exactly what we don't want or need, it only takes one broken game to lose the interest in that company. Codemasters usually get it right the first time. In fact it's rather odd how they went from having F1 2010 which was a fantastic game, to some not so good F1 games afterwards but at least they always get the basics right and that's all I need. 

who do you think got the nascar license if you find out its not codemasters?

Link to post
Share on other sites

@L33TPilot, So does that mean ETX has dropped all support of NASCAR 14? That game is still unplayable. I would think Codies could make a decent go at it. But with any Company we are going to experience Growing Pains. Also Codies release their Yearly titles at the end of the seasons ie. F12014 won't be released until October. I feel like NASCAR 15 or 16 won't be released until very late in the season. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
SynGamer said:
I have to admit, I'm really surprised (in a good way) to see so many people from the ETX forum over here, voicing their opinions, in a civilized manner :)


The reason that forum gets so out of control is because of the MODERATORS. They don't like anything that goes against ETX, and since it's supposedly ETX's forum(they don't seem to even know it exists anymore), you can easily get banned.

I can't tell you how many "infractions" I've received. Some of the mods are alright, but they are clearly pressured to keep things a certain way. In my opinion, that forum is nothing but a marketing tool for ETX. If you want to freely express any negativity, you are quickly labeled as a "basher" or get charged with being "unconstructive".

Link to post
Share on other sites

As one of those moderators (previously), I can't speak the the others, but all I asked was that feedback and criticism.be constructive. If it wasn't, I issued warnings and infractions. And if it continued, temp/perma bans.

That aside, I haven't touched '14 in months. Online never worked and it was just too frustrating.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...