Jump to content Jump to content

@mikevoltz1‌ I don't doubt that Codemasters would deliver great game with NASCAR license, however I am 90% sure they will not get/want this license because there is a high chance there might be F1 license conflict because of it.

I am pretty sure all the support for NASCAR 14 is over, if we're very lucky we might see PC patch once but I am just trying to be positive here as it's highly unlikely. I am starting to question them and myself whether they'll even be releasing DLC which some people still care about, but believe me when I say it, will not happen.

L33TPilot said:

@mikevoltz1‌ I don't doubt that Codemasters would deliver great game with NASCAR license, however I am 90% sure they will not get/want this license because there is a high chance there might be F1 license conflict because of it.

I am pretty sure all the support for NASCAR 14 is over, if we're very lucky we might see PC patch once but I am just trying to be positive here as it's highly unlikely. I am starting to question them and myself whether they'll even be releasing DLC which some people still care about, but believe me when I say it, will not happen.

who do you think is making ntg15?

^^I was referring to Redwingsrule. I didn't want to throw his name out there, but he wasn't very fair with me on several occasions when I was being nothing BUT constructive. He even started bickering with me in PM.

I had other mods actually confess to me in private that they thought Redwingsrule was WRONG on more than one occasion. Anyway, I'm pretty much done with that forum.

It's nice to see people defecting over here, in SPITE of a couple of posters who are still telling everyone that we are wasting our time here. If ETX is REALLY hanging it up, I'm NOT surprised. GOOD RIDDANCE.

I'm planning on doing a commentary video describing what I believe would make a great Nascar game. I'm going to post it up on Youtube, just as I did with my previous ETX related vids. I'll also post it here for you guys to give YOUR opinions on.

All I really want is what all of you want, a fun and immersive Nascar game that works. Nobody expects perfection. Anyway, good to see you here.

73duster said:

^^I was referring to Redwingsrule. I didn't want to throw his name out there, but he wasn't very fair with me on several occasions when I was being nothing BUT constructive. He even started bickering with me in PM.

I had other mods actually confess to me in private that they thought Redwingsrule was WRONG on more than one occasion. Anyway, I'm pretty much done with that forum.

It's nice to see people defecting over here, in SPITE of a couple of posters who are still telling everyone that we are wasting our time here. If ETX is REALLY hanging it up, I'm NOT surprised. GOOD RIDDANCE.

I'm planning on doing a commentary video describing what I believe would make a great Nascar game. I'm going to post it up on Youtube, just as I did with my previous ETX related vids. I'll also post it here for you guys to give YOUR opinions on.

All I really want is what all of you want, a fun and immersive Nascar game that works. Nobody expects perfection. Anyway, good to see you here.

look at this http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/19-jobs-in-doubt-as-racing-experts-eutechnyx-re-structures/0135570 this was basicly the nascar devs at etx.

It was pretty evident from the start that ETX didn't know what they we're doing. I hate to sound negative but they have abused the NASCAR fan base for long enough.

If anyone is let go I hope they land on their feet with a more reputable and stable company.

SynGamer said:
It was pretty evident from the start that ETX didn't know what they we're doing. I hate to sound negative but they have abused the NASCAR fan base for long enough.

If anyone is let go I hope they land on their feet with a more reputable and stable company.

I agree wholeheartedly.

This doesn't mean that NASCAR took away the license from me, they're simply going out of gaming business in the UK from what I am aware. They will keep some studios rolling in Asia, but that's about it. Eutechnyx in UK will focus on other projects like ZeroLight and others. 

I'd rather have no NASCAR, than bad NASCAR game...there are few rumored companies but nothing big which doesn't cut it for me personally.

L33TPilot said:

The article doesn't make it sound as bad as it really is, they are literally on the verge of shut down.

Yeah, I agree. That article is all over the place. I think it was cobbled together from whatever info they could get from ETX, who has proven they can be quite confusing.

Most of the article is very negative, yet it also makes it seem like the "restructuring" of the company is just a minor business shuffle. It reminds me of those people on the Titanic who never believed the ship was going to sink until they were fighting for a spot on a lifeboat.

Let me tell you this though, I am far from blaming the developers for making bad games and so on...it's purely on management. I know few developers that I talk to regularly and they're awesome people caring about the product and making games as good as it can get. Only well managed game developer companies will ever succeed. You don't need to be EA or Codemasters or Rockstar Games to be good, anyone can be as good as them if there isn't greed for profit and yes that's what's mainly about everywhere, but some become AAA titles gathering millions of customers whether they were a fan or not, while some get A title game and make a fortune by making it quickly and slowly killing the franchise.

100% agreed that this is purely the fault of management. Countless fans expressed their concerns on what was wrong and how to fix it from a design/gameplay standpoint. Management completely ignored us and continue to release copy and paste each year. Same bugs and glitches each time...with no fixes in sight.

I agree that management is first and foremost to blame. The most important thing that falls on management is hiring the RIGHT developers that understand what they are working on, as well as utilizing people in their best capacities.

I was DUMBFOUNDED by ETX's decision to use Ed Martin to head their marketing dept., rather than put him in charge of the actual game development. I thought that was one of their WORST decisions considering how HE was in charge of EA's Thunder series from 2003 to 2005, which were some of the BEST console Nascar titles to date.

As bad as management is, I cannot let the developers off the hook. Many of their issues were incredibly bad, and they never displayed much ability to fix their mistakes. Furthermore, most of their OTHER games were just as bad.

Road to Hell should NEVER have seen the light of day. It is widely considered to be one of the WORST games of ALL time. Everyone involved should hang their heads in shame.

That company stinks from top to bottom.

SynGamer said:

Not only the NASCAR fan base, but their volunteers as well. I think we are all ready for a Fresh start.

If management spares the developers one hour of their time to fix a bug, then all you'll get is 20% solved bug. It's all about time and money, the developers can't speak back saying 'this is not enough' or whatever because they'll obviously get in trouble and they'll get blamed for being bad programmers...they are writing a code here, not just putting puzzle together.

The official NASCAR game title license isn't open, it means only the license holder is able to develop a complete NASCAR experience game, while yes games like Forza and Gran Turismo can have limited NASCAR content, few cars and tracks just for the gamers to get the taste of it. No word on who gets the license and we probably won't know for sure until the game is close or at least half way into development and trust me that's a long ways from now...we're talking a year or so. Someone mentioned Sumo Digital, but rumors like this that I get are only 50% accurate...well at least as for who gets the license because this info is very classified, your average developers don't get such info.

Why wouldn't it? Eutechnyx had an exclusive license too. Exclusive means that only the license holder is able to make an official NASCAR game on all the platforms. Yes other games may still have 'some' NASCAR content, but nobody else is allowed to make official NASCAR game unless they have the exclusive license.

true. And if it is sumo digital it looks like there a decent size developer with 150+ staff.

EDIT: I looked at sumo digital games and they made toca race driver 2 and 3 for psp they also help make f1 2009 or port it. http://www.sumo-digital.com/games/view/?game=26

Edit 2: on the sumo website it says AAA console title in development. but it maybe to do with forza horizon 2 cause I think there the ones porting it to the xb360.

While port may still be considered as a term for that development, what I am hearing is that actually they're far from just puzzling it together with the recourses they are given. While they do not have that many great games as of lately on the list, there are a ton of Microsoft games on that list, and if a brand like Microsoft trusts them, they gotta be pretty good.

You're right they have 170 employees, and pretty good ones too from what I've heard...Eutechnyx only had like 10 programmers total on NASCAR The Game, excluding all the artists and track designers which I believe all came from their Asian studio.