Jump to content Jump to content

L33TPilot said:

While port may still be considered as a term for that development, what I am hearing is that actually they're far from just puzzling it together with the recourses they are given. While they do not have that many great games as of lately on the list, there are a ton of Microsoft games on that list, and if a brand like Microsoft trusts them, they gotta be pretty good.

You're right they have 170 employees, and pretty good ones too from what I've heard...Eutechnyx only had like 10 programmers total on NASCAR The Game, excluding all the artists and track designers which I believe all came from their Asian studio.

thats true if microsoft trust them with a game like forza horizon 2 they half to know what they are doing. and thats crazy etx only had 10 programmers you need at least 20 to 100 programmers for a good/very good game. if its yearly which it was. and if my source is right the have some old devs from infogrames.

Well let the long wait begin. Hopefully its worth it. I still hope codemasters can make nascar games, if they don't want to then i hope a company like 2k or EA can make nascar games. But i doubt EA would make nascar games again. 

If its sumo digital I think it will be an good game cause they have the trust of Microsoft and thats hard for devs to get. but the wait does start. and I wonder when etx is gone say we are no longer making nascar games. 

L33TPilot said:

I'd say within a month they'll announce their exit from NASCAR franchise. (Even though it's rather official as it is, just nothing public so far)

I hope the new company comes out that same day and says who they are. but it probably will not happen till close to the release of the new game.

73duster said:

I was DUMBFOUNDED by ETX's decision to use Ed Martin to head their marketing dept., rather than put him in charge of the actual game development. I thought that was one of their WORST decisions considering how HE was in charge of EA's Thunder series from 2003 to 2005, which were some of the BEST console Nascar titles to date.

I agree with you about Ed Martin duster.  But maybe that was the way Ed Martin wanted it.  I would have to assume that it is much easier to be a mouthpiece for a company than it is to be in charge of the project.  He just ran around doing interviews making false claims about a game that he had no involvement with.  Probably helped out his retirement savings quite a bit!

when do you think etx will shut down there forums?

Hopefully they won't, but you never know. In my past experiences with different companies they just leave the forums there, but eventually the Moderators quit caring, and then the forums are just left alone and the community dies out. I would like to have the forums through the remainder of the NASCAR season, but who knows. ETX has not done things the way we think they should be done.

Forums will stay for awhile...hosting is very cheap they probably already extended the hosting for at least 5 or 10 years awhile ago. When it randomly goes down for random reason we might have days of delays before it's up though. Worst case scenario we're just left with Eutechnyx original forums, pretty sure that won't go down because of ACR which will be ran by their Asian studio.

I predict ETX will NOT announce ANYTHING until they try to squeeze out the last bit of profit they can from their bogus DLC. Announcing anything about abandoning the Nascar franchise would absolutely DECIMATE any potential profits from the DLC they have been working on.

I think they are pouring all of their diminished resources into getting the DLC out the door. I pity all of the remaining ETX believers who will undoubtedly purchase the worthless DLC.

As for when we will see another Nascar title, it's probably going to be a MINIMUM of 2 years, but more likely 3 or 4, unless someone has ALREADY been working on it in secret.

73duster said:

I predict ETX will NOT announce ANYTHING until they try to squeeze out the last bit of profit they can from their bogus DLC. Announcing anything about abandoning the Nascar franchise would absolutely DECIMATE any potential profits from the DLC they have been working on.

I think they are pouring all of their diminished resources into getting the DLC out the door. I pity all of the remaining ETX believers who will undoubtedly purchase the worthless DLC.

As for when we will see another Nascar title, it's probably going to be a MINIMUM of 2 years, but more likely 3 or 4, unless someone has ALREADY been working on it in secret.

I could see ETX not announcing anything, but if someone already has the license then I don't see it taking more then 2 years. I would think with the new consoles they would at least try and get it out within the next 2 years. I just know that whoever has the NASCAR license I wouldn't mind being a moderator for their forum.

Whatever happens, I won't give up without sending a message to all developers about what I think would make a great Nascar game. If it turns out nobody listens, it won't be because I didn't try.

Here's my opinion on how the next developer should go about structuring a Nascar game. I'd like to know YOUR opinions as well. Who knows, someone connected to a developer, whether it's Codemasters, or someone else MIGHT listen. All we can do is let people know there IS a consumer base for a Nascar game. ETX's failure shouldn't scare better developers away.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k9FKuzNddko&list=UUGnYZpyTiHDW017RGqF_yeQ&feature=player_detailpage#t=112

I agree with a lot of things that you brought up in that video @73duster. The main things that needs to be focus on is AI, career mode, physics, and presentation like what you said. Thats what ETX was lacking in. What ever company decides to make nascar games needs to deliver in those areas mainly. If those areas of the game deliver then thats a good nascar game right there. The game just needs to be playable. Don't have a lot of bugs and glitches because that can ruin the experience. I hope who ever develops nascar games deliver in these areas mainly.

Anyone else think it's strange that ETX continues to release patches for Nascar 14? Plus they are still promising DLC in the very near future.  Recent reports claim that most of the Nascar developers have been laid off or sent to other projects, no?

huntconn said:

Anyone else think it's strange that ETX continues to release patches for Nascar 14? Plus they are still promising DLC in the very near future.  Recent reports claim that most of the Nascar developers have been laid off or sent to other projects, no?

they already had the patches done before they let most there devs for nascar walk. they only have a few (2 to 3) left just enough to look at bugs/glitches and launch the dlc. so etx is done with nascar games after the patches and dlc come out. 

huntconn said:

As I predicted earlier, ETX will do whatever they can to squeeze out one last ripoff from consumers, and in order to do that, they have to make people believe they are still working on the game. Once the DLC is released, and they see the last dime of profit, they will finally acknowledge that they are done with Nascar.
73duster said:

huntconn said:

As I predicted earlier, ETX will do whatever they can to squeeze out one last ripoff from consumers, and in order to do that, they have to make people believe they are still working on the game. Once the DLC is released, and they see the last dime of profit, they will finally acknowledge that they are done with Nascar.

huntconn said:

they already had the patches done before they let most there devs for nascar walk. they only have a few (2 to 3) left just enough to look at bugs/glitches and launch the dlc. so etx is done with nascar games after the patches and dlc come out. 

Thanks guys.  Makes sense.  Guess it's way to early to know who will making the next NASCAR title, if anyone, at this point?