Jump to content Jump to content

huntconn said:
73duster said:

huntconn said:

Anyone else think it's strange that ETX continues to release patches for Nascar 14? Plus they are still promising DLC in the very near future.  Recent reports claim that most of the Nascar developers have been laid off or sent to other projects, no?

As I predicted earlier, ETX will do whatever they can to squeeze out one last ripoff from consumers, and in order to do that, they have to make people believe they are still working on the game. Once the DLC is released, and they see the last dime of profit, they will finally acknowledge that they are done with Nascar.

huntconn said:

Anyone else think it's strange that ETX continues to release patches for Nascar 14? Plus they are still promising DLC in the very near future.  Recent reports claim that most of the Nascar developers have been laid off or sent to other projects, no?

they already had the patches done before they let most there devs for nascar walk. they only have a few (2 to 3) left just enough to look at bugs/glitches and launch the dlc. so etx is done with nascar games after the patches and dlc come out. 

Thanks guys.  Makes sense.  Guess it's way to early to know who will making the next NASCAR title, if anyone, at this point?

I know firebrand games and sumo digital are interested in making a nascar game.

73duster said:

I hope it's true. Nascar may not be as popular as other sports, but it's not exactly a "small" market either.

I have NO doubt SOMEONE will eventually take a stab at it. The question is WHEN?

Nascar would be awesome to work on! We certainly have a few fans at the studio that would love to work on something like that

That would be nice, but @Eutechnyx is already licensed to produce the official Nascar games. Sorry!

this there response back to me. when I ask firebrand dont know about etx losing the nascar license. but the way sumo responded it sound like they knew about etx giving up. 

I know Codemasters would certainly do a better job with NASCAR than ETX has done but after recently purchasing Grid Autosport I have some serious concerns.  Don't get me wrong, GA is a really good game.  However, the lack of rear/side view mirrors, no cautions, no pitting, and hazy cockpit view would all be serious detriments to a good "NASCAR experience" IMHO.

73duster said:

I hope it's true. Nascar may not be as popular as other sports, but it's not exactly a "small" market either.

I have NO doubt SOMEONE will eventually take a stab at it. The question is WHEN?

Nascar would be awesome to work on! We certainly have a few fans at the studio that would love to work on something like that

That would be nice, but @Eutechnyx is already licensed to produce the official Nascar games. Sorry!

this there response back to me. when I ask firebrand dont know about etx losing the nascar license. but the way sumo responded it sound like they knew about etx giving up. 

Sumo digital is probably another good suggestion. Since some of the guys are fans of the sport im pretty sure that they know a lot about it and can take their knowledge they know about the sport and put it in the game.

Chicken42 said:

God damn it I worded it bad. I was trying to say they are both European companies.

To Eutechnyx Nascar Forum Mods: It is not nice to ban people for no reason. Bye!

I get what you're saying now, probably needed a comma after "Codemasters". That said, the best NASCAR game will come from the developer/company that puts in the best effort. Regardless of location, NASCAR is a national sport now, granted, the majority of the fanbase is in North America.

huntconn said:

I know Codemasters would certainly do a better job with NASCAR than ETX has done but after recently purchasing Grid Autosport I have some serious concerns.  Don't get me wrong, GA is a really good game.  However, the lack of rear/side view mirrors, no cautions, no pitting, and hazy cockpit view would all be serious detriments to a good "NASCAR experience" IMHO.

Nothing personal but sometimes you need to educate the gamers. Codemasters knows how to do everything when it comes to racing games. You can't just judge one of their games. CM is also about making money and knows what the average arcade racer wants and that is Grid Autosport. A true Nascar game is more of a sim, like their F1 series which does have pits, tirewear, strategy, etc. And here is video of CM's Nascar they made 8 years ago, and this was better than anything EUX ever put out, and the online was pretty smooth for the most part. IF you had a room full of good connections, it was great. And 8 years ago the internet sucked compared to today. If you can't make online work smoot today, your code just sucks bad.

http://youtu.be/avMnT0XwClk

^This a thousand times. This only highlights just how AWFUL ETX is as a developer. Extremely OLD games that are light years ahead of the garbage they have been putting out. I'm glad I can't get any infractions or bans for calling them out here.
73duster said:

^This a thousand times. This only highlights just how AWFUL ETX is as a developer. Extremely OLD games that are light years ahead of the garbage they have been putting out. I'm glad I can't get any infractions or bans for calling them out here.

You said it duster! I been playing CM games online since early PS2 days, and for the most part, their lobbies and online activities have always been one of the best in the business. Then when I played the first Nascar game by ETX online, I was blown away by how little they seem to know about online racing?? 

This is the single biggest reason we want CM it make us a Nascar game. They have decades of experience in making solid racing games, and how well their online works. No will it be perfect, of course not, but it will be much better than anything we have had from EA to ETX, that much I know for sure.

I have learned from your fellow former mods Syn that you are just supposed to state your opinion and let it go or apparently you get banned. I am fine with anyone making the game I just disagreed because the online maybe wasn't great but it is definitely the strong part of the game.

Chicken42 said:
I have learned from your fellow former mods Syn that you are just supposed to state your opinion and let it go or apparently you get banned. I am fine with anyone making the game I just disagreed because the online maybe wasn't great but it is definitely the strong part of the game.

Not true by a long shot. If it was, there are a few members that are still active that would have been banned a long time ago. It is all how you go about it.   

Chicken42 said:

Not at all true. There is a clear difference between discussing/debating, and arguing.

Thankfully, this is NOT an ETX forum, so we are free to be honest about how we feel about their products without having to worry about hurting ETX's feelings, or the feelings of those who defend them. I don't have any lingering issues with the mods for the most part, and can only really say I had MAJOR issues with one in particular. He went out of his way on several occasions, and even started bickering with me on PM's.

Two other mods actually admitted to me in private that they thought he was WAY out of line. Anyway, that's over and done with. I DID receive several warnings about telling people to boycott their garbage products, which only proves that it isn't really a "forum", but more of a propaganda tool for ETX.

As long as people buy their products, nothing will ever change.

I'm glad to see so many coming over here, and helping to let people know there ARE plenty of fans who want a proper Nascar console game. Even if Codemasters doesn't listen, someone else MIGHT.