Sign in to follow this  

F1 2011-2013 No Safety Car?

I have played hundreds of hours of Codemasters F1 games racing 50-100% race distances and I have hardly ever seen the safety car, not once in F1 2011 or 2012 and maybe 1 or 2 times in F1 2013 what gives? I have been racing co-op lately in F1 2013 and we are up to race 14 Korea not a single safety car. We just finished Singapore and despite having a car that was stuck behind me and wouldn't allow me to reverse out from the corner the car behind just dissapeared after a few seconds only a yellow flag and no safety car even though the two cars were stopped in a dangerous position for a lengthy period of time.  Monaco was the same no safety car and just a few yellow flags and then back to green in real life these tracks would have safety cars coming out regularly for debris or incidents on track.

What I am hoping is that the safety car will be fixed for F1 2014 this includes safety cars can come out on Lap 1 and the last few laps because as it stands now it is too unrealistic and the safety car is never coming out. Cars are having accidents ghosting and then just dissapearing which shouldn't happen. The car should at least stay on track and if it can't move off the track by itself  the safety car should come out so that the safety car is not just out for no reason and this goes the same for debris it is there one lap and gone the next, we need safety cars for this aswell thanks and I hope that these issues are fixed. Good games the F1 series though.

Certainly something that needs improving. Cars should stay where the are for a couple of laps before disappearing. That alone might be enough to encourage the SC out of it's den a little more frequently.
Even if not for this game then the next gen version should see an improvement. It would be surprising if not.

I wouldn't expect too much for 2014 but definitely for the next gen version.

It's annoying that it doesn't come out on lap 1 in F1 2013, but that being said, in just over 1 and a half seasons of career mode racing 50% races, I've had 10 Safety Car Deployments, all of which were caused by AI. I found that it rarely came out in the '11 and '12 games, but in '13 it comes out pretty frequently.

If you play F1 2013 unpatched. You will see the safety car comes out as it should. Every patch seems to have broken the safety car and when it is supposed to come out. I have had many major crashes as well as AI major crashes where the cars are all BLOCKING the track but they are magically picked up by ghosts within a 5 second period and no safety car comes out. Codies i hope you fixed this. I used to be a 100% supporter but after 2013 i will take more caution and wait before i buy 2014. Hopefully this game wont be broken as much as all your other 4 previous titles.

I agree with Zombie. I noticed after I installed the patches that I wasn't getting any SC deployments so I actually removed the patches and as soon as I did, I started getting a lot of SC deployments again.

Only time I've had safety car s over the years was with increased damage model mods along with more aggressive AI that made the game more realistic. I think that is where the problem lies, you basically have to have someone DNF by a huge crash or something which just doesn't happen with the basic damage levels found in CM F1 games. 

I agree that the SC rarely came out in the past but it seems correct now. With 2013, I was doing 25% races with damage off but in the last 4 races(50%) with basic damage on, I've have 3 SC deployments. That actually seems like a higher rate than in real life.

I have never had it come out unforced in 3 co-op seasons and 2 single player seasons. Literally the only time was when I deliberately caused a crash at Monaco to check I had it on. Needs fixing for sure.

When racing online, I only see the SC when a player destroys their vehicle although it needs to be deployed more often. I rarely see it offline in career mode.

I havent had a SC at all in 2013, only remember seeing it once in 2011 and never in 2012 either.  I think the problem is that it only takes the marshalls 4 secs to clear even the biggest of smashes!  How often do you hear about a yellow flag in Sector 2 whist you are in Sector 1 and yet it is green by the time you get there?  I think this needs amending for future releases.  i bet it wont be though.

Cptcrash1 said:
I havent had a SC at all in 2013, only remember seeing it once in 2011 and never in 2012 either.  I think the problem is that it only takes the marshalls 4 secs to clear even the biggest of smashes!  How often do you hear about a yellow flag in Sector 2 whist you are in Sector 1 and yet it is green by the time you get there?  I think this needs amending for future releases.  i bet it wont be though.
Lol, yeah, even Super Monaco GP on the SEGA could leave a broken car at the side of the track for at least a lap

I only have safty cars when more then 3 cars crash and stay near the racing line, then it only stays out for three laps, they should make it with longer races that it stays out for however long it needs to, to remove whatever caused the sc. If debri is on the track, 3 to 5 laps depending on how much but if more than three cars crash, it should stay out for up to 15 lap becuase it doesn't take them 5 sec to clear a race car.

I agree that the SC rarely came out in the past but it seems correct now. With 2013, I was doing 25% races with damage off but in the last 4 races(50%) with basic damage on, I've have 3 SC deployments. That actually seems like a higher rate than in real life.
No SC now in 4 straight races.  :o                   

But my KERS failed during my last race

Perhaps the SC's not working so well. Okay, so when I switched to car damage on and 50% race length about 4 weeks ago, I've had 3 SC deployments in the first 4 races. Since then, I've only had another 3 SC deployments in the next 19 races. I noticed that the SC deployments are always caused by AI's. However, my theory behind this is that as long as you don't upset the balance & harmony of other AI cars by doing minimal contact with them, the SC will never come out. However, if you bang with them the 1st lap of the race, they will also bang more amongst themselves and hold grudges, thus a higher probability of SC deployment.

And I play on pc, so I can't just remove patches for more SC's.