Jump to content Jump to content

Even in this limited state it doesnt work properly.  The fastest lap changes all the time I have beaten ghosts that supposedly had my fastest lap only to see that I had just set a lap time that was slower than my fastest lap only to two laps later see that the time had changed yet again.  Seriously?
Yeah, it's happening on xbox too, I thought it was using session bests at first but I've just done a few laps around Indiannapolis and the personal best in the top left went from 1.39.24 to 1.39.80... not sure how that can be lol.

I'm enjoying the time trial and it's a very welcome addition to the game but hope they can sort this out.  Also, please can we have an option to turn the ghosts off?  I know a lot of ppl like them as they can help to see where you can improve but personally I just find them annoying.
Even in this limited state it doesnt work properly.  The fastest lap changes all the time I have beaten ghosts that supposedly had my fastest lap only to see that I had just set a lap time that was slower than my fastest lap only to two laps later see that the time had changed yet again.  Seriously?
Haven't seen this yet but will check tonight.

TBH I am less interested in other peoples ghosts. Although it can be helpful in seeing where other people make up time and also if they do a huge corner cut at least you have the option of following or understanding why their time appears crazy fast.

The tt has its issues, but so far I'm having a lot of fun with it tryign to beat all the other times.

Guess I'm a kind of glass is half full person. :D
  • 2 weeks later...
A quick question about time trial having just spotted this thread.

I enjoy using this mode of the game a lot but was frustrated to see that there didn't seem to be the option to race against other drivers ghosts but I see from this thread that others are reporting that they are doing this. How do you do this? I can select a drivers time from the leaderboard and use this as the target which I thought would allow me to race that drivers ghost but all it seems to do is use that drivers split times to compare to mine each sector. The only ghost I see is my own from the best lap that session.

Can anyone throw some light on this for me?
I gave up on timetrial when I saw they limited your options in to what you can drive.   Why restrict?  Because it's the easy cheap way out.  I should be able to drive any car on any track to set the a time.   From there you can have an overall fastest time and then a class fastest time.   Additionally the layout of the game makes choosing a car a pain in the a$$.   Again simply bad game design from a company that should know better.   All you have to do is look at the first Grid to see how to make an elegant simple and efficient menu system.    This is the same reason the past few Gran Turismo games have lost my interest.  but whatever.   like someone else said CM games use to be an automatic purchase.   Not anymore.  I will wait a couple months after the release of the next F1 & Dirt games to see what people are saying because I'm tired of wasting my money.  CM has turned into Milestone and that's pretty sad