Sign in to follow this  

Latest Movie/Tv show you watched

Saw Deadpool 2 at the cinema on Saturday and watched Molly's Game at home last night. 

DP2 was pretty much exactly as I expected. Not quite a fresh as the first film, but a lot of laughs in there (the biggest one of which came during the end credits: don't leave early if you go and see it!)

Molly's Game was excellent. I already know her (Molly's) story - and the film obviously omits a few names - but I thought it translated well to the big screen. Jessica Chastain is great as well, very underrated actress in my opinion.

Just got back from Deadpool 2, absolutely loved it. I'd kind of agree that it wasn't as fresh as the first film (a handful of reused jokes), but I think I liked it even more than the first one. And I'm actually shocked it wasn't rated 18. When it came up as a 15 I could hear a bunch of people around me saying "It's not 18?!" I've definitely seen 18 rated movies that were tamer than DP2.

And I just got back from seeing Solo. It was absolutely brilliant. Loved almost all of it. There was a few things that put me off, like droids being way smarter than they should be (same as Rogue One), but otherwise the whole thing was just fantastic. Speaking of Rogue One, I thought that film was one of the worst films in the Stars Wars series, and Solo has made up for it to me :)

And I just got back from seeing Solo. It was absolutely brilliant. Loved almost all of it. There was a few things that put me off, like droids being way smarter than they should be (same as Rogue One), but otherwise the whole thing was just fantastic. Speaking of Rogue One, I thought that film was one of the worst films in the Stars Wars series, and Solo has made up for it to me :)
Apparently they have giving the green light for a Boba Fett movie.

Doctor Who. Things I liked and things I didn't. Jodie acted well but her character is too hyper like Matt Smith. Tosin Cole was as good at acting as a wooden plank, but Bradley Walsh was bloody brilliant!

Can't believe it took me this long to watch it, but I recently watched The Office (UK). Absolutely loved it. I can't remember watching a show where you simultaneously can't stand and feel sorry for the main character. Genius writing.

The Staff Training episode is my favourite. I can just imagine offices all over the country having to do this shit and how mind numbing it must be.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h-wfO6_eq-A

I can sympathize with those guys, haha. The number of 'professional development' sessions I go to during the year. Sheesh!

Watched the new Jack Ryan series a couple of weeks ago and enjoyed that. I also watched Altered Carbon a couple of months ago and thought that was brilliant, a little muddled in the middle, but built up to a really satisfying conclusion. 

I have had the second season of Westworld and The Man In The High Castle waiting to be watched for about 3 months now: really need to get round to watching them!

Doctor Who tonight was bloody brilliant and if you haven't seen it, watch it regardless of if you're a fan or not.

It was horror movie. Sinister, scared the hell out of me. Better not watch this alone in the dark with headphones turned up max :D Anyway, the plot of the movie very interesting and sucks to the movie really well, if you want to dream something after movie, this is the one for you. 

Hi!
I just watched Narcos season 2. I want to watch season 3 as well but i heard that it's not worth it because it's boring and no Pablo in it. Is it true? Maybe somebody watched it? Any opinions?  : ))
Thanks.

McStanley said:
A1: Britain's Longest Road on BBC iPlayer.

McStanley
Never watched the programme, but does it explain why there is always traffic from Chester-le-Street to the Angel of the North?

Mrs. Brown's Boys Christmas Special 2011, Christmas Specials 2012, Christmas Specials 2013, Christmas Specials 2014, Christmas Specials 2015, Christmas Specials 2016 and Christmas Specials 2017; All of which are on BBC iPlayer currently.

McStanley

I'm currently watching Doctor Who, season 7 I'm up to atm. Not sure I like Clara yet or the 11th Doctor.
Bit late to decide whether you like Matt Smith or not, you're already through 2 years! I won't spoil it as to why, but Clara is my least favourite companion of all time (including the classic ones too). I rewatched series 1-10 earlier this year and, with hindsight, I think I prefer Matt Smith as a Doctor to David Tennant - although Tennant had a much stronger run in terms of writing.

Funnily enough, I didn't originally read that post, but I came here anyway to say I've been rewatching Doctor Who The Claws of Axos - one of my favourite Jon Pertwee stories.

fIsince08 said:
I'm currently watching Doctor Who, season 7 I'm up to atm. Not sure I like Clara yet or the 11th Doctor.
Bit late to decide whether you like Matt Smith or not, you're already through 2 years! I won't spoil it as to why, but Clara is my least favourite companion of all time (including the classic ones too). I rewatched series 1-10 earlier this year and, with hindsight, I think I prefer Matt Smith as a Doctor to David Tennant - although Tennant had a much stronger run in terms of writing.

Funnily enough, I didn't originally read that post, but I came here anyway to say I've been rewatching Doctor Who The Claws of Axos - one of my favourite Jon Pertwee stories.
I've only seen the odd episode of the 2005 relaunch. This is the first time I've set about watching it in its entirety, probably motivated by the fact that there is a female doctor for the first time now. :)

fIsince08 said:

I've only seen the odd episode of the 2005 relaunch. This is the first time I've set about watching it in its entirety, probably motivated by the fact that there is a female doctor for the first time now. :)
Series 7 which you're on now is one of the worst of the new era, Steven Moffat's years are very much a parabolic curve in terms of quality. Series 7 is all over the place and Nightmare in Silver (which you won't be far off if you haven't already seen it) is one of the worst episodes ever.

I didn't want to say about Jodie as I didn't want to spoil anything, but having watched every episode since 2005, I can say that whilst her portrayal is alright, the writing in S11 is utterly terrible throughout.

I've been getting into Mad Men over the last couple of weeks, just finished the first series. It's a bit slow at times, and I'm not entirely sure what the plot really is, but I've really enjoyed it :p 

Have just watched the 12th Doctor for the first time now, impressions are good so far. Didn't like Matt Smith much tbh.

Have just watched the 12th Doctor for the first time now, impressions are good so far. Didn't like Matt Smith much tbh.
Capaldi is my favourite and he just gets better and better! You will see a massive amount of character development with him. I'm not going to say why, but don't forget about the villain from episode 2...

Got Sicario 2 for Christmas so watched that last night (how festive!). Not quite as good as the first one, but still a great film.