Sign in to follow this  

Latest Movie/Tv show you watched

fIsince08 said:
Have just watched the 12th Doctor for the first time now, impressions are good so far. Didn't like Matt Smith much tbh.
Capaldi is my favourite and he just gets better and better! You will see a massive amount of character development with him. I'm not going to say why, but don't forget about the villain from episode 2...
The Mistress? Took me all of 30 seconds to work that out tbh LOL...

fIsince08 said:
Have just watched the 12th Doctor for the first time now, impressions are good so far. Didn't like Matt Smith much tbh.
Capaldi is my favourite and he just gets better and better! You will see a massive amount of character development with him. I'm not going to say why, but don't forget about the villain from episode 2...
I meant Rusty the Dalek!

fIsince08 said:
fIsince08 said:
I meant Rusty the Dalek!
Ahh right, will remember that one then :)

McStanley said:
Never heard of it, tbtstt! :D

McStanley - Body is 4 characters too short.
Watch the first one, it's one of the best films I have seen in the last few years! 

Just started watching the second season of Westworld. The first season was excellent, but I have heard mixed reviews for season two, so not expecting it to be as good. 

Doctor Who: Spearhead from Space. Another Jon Pertwee story and quite possibly my favourite one from the classic era. It's such a unique story in many ways and I absolutely love it.

What with this Bill Potts character for season 10 of Doctor Who? Has anyone here actually met a person like that in real life? I'm a gay woman (and a bit insane) like the character and I've never met one...Frankly if thats an attempt at PC then its a flop and an insult to the group that the character is aimed at, boring. More scenes with Peter Capaldi by himself please (best Doctor I've seen) :)

What with this Bill Potts character for season 10 of Doctor Who? Has anyone here actually met a person like that in real life? I'm a gay woman (and a bit insane) like the character and I've never met one...Frankly if thats an attempt at PC then its a flop and an insult to the group that the character is aimed at, boring. More scenes with Peter Capaldi by himself please (best Doctor I've seen) :)
She is a bit bland, but she's a massive improvement on Clara for that very reason. Absolutely love Nardole as well. S10 is Capaldi's strongest in my book. He becomes much more of a father figure and the leader the Doctor should be. This series has the best finale as well.

Finished season two of Westworld at the weekend. Felt it was a little drawn out in the middle, but it picked up speed in the closing episodes and built to a decent ending. Really not sure where they are going to go with season three. 

Season two of The Punisher drops later in the month. I am not that big a Marvel fan, but the first series was fantastic, so I have high expectations for that. 

I believe Brooklyn 99 is back this week as well. Haven't seen anything about international broadcasts yet, but hopefully we won't have long to wait for that to arrive in the UK.

@KittyFit90 How's S10 going? You've gone quiet but I want to know your opinions haha

fIsince08 said:
@KittyFit90 How's S10 going? You've gone quiet but I want to know your opinions haha
All done, season 11 too. I kinda binged it. Peter Calpaldi was the best doctor for sure. I absolutely loved the episode Heaven Sent where he was trapped within the confession dial for a few billion years. The acting and writing was at its apex there. The only criticism I had for his version of the Doctor was at times I struggled to catch the dialogue, I ended up watching a lot of those episodes with subtitles. Must be the scottish accent.

Don't like Whittaker much, the accent grates (can't place it? I think its yorkish??? despite living in the UK for three years I still struggle to place the regional accents) and I hate her facial mannerisms (especially the nose wrinkling ick) plus the writing as you said was ordinary. Will reserve judgement for now but on first impressions a bit of a let down for the first lady to give the doctor a crack.

fIsince08 said:
All done, season 11 too. I kinda binged it. Peter Calpaldi was the best doctor for sure. I absolutely loved the episode Heaven Sent where he was trapped within the confession dial for a few billion years. The acting and writing was at its apex there. The only criticism I had for his version of the Doctor was at times I struggled to catch the dialogue, I ended up watching a lot of those episodes with subtitles. Must be the scottish accent.

Don't like Whittaker much, the accent grates (can't place it? I think its yorkish??? despite living in the UK for three years I still struggle to place the regional accents) and I hate her facial mannerisms (especially the nose wrinkling ick) plus the writing as you said was ordinary. Will reserve judgement for now but on first impressions a bit of a let down for the first lady to give the doctor a crack.
Finally, someone else who loves Capaldi as much as I do! Heaven Sent is absolutely brilliant and I don't think anyone else, except maybe Ecclestone, could have pulled that off. It's a pity he didn't have more good stories, I felt he was carrying a lot of his early ones.

Jodie is from Huddersfield which is indeed on Yorkshire. Personally I don't mind her accent and I didn't mind her version of the Doctor either. She needs to be darker in places though and needs an actual scary villain. At the minute she's a taxi driver with a magic wand and I feel her character lacks authority because of it.

I must admit I've never struggled understanding Capaldi before, but then I've had people struggle to understand my North Eastern accent before and my accent isn't that strong!

Watching episodes 2 and 3 yesterday and today. Massive decline in quality from the first episode, not really in a hurry to watch episode 4 now. 

Midway through season 2 of The Punisher. Couple of slow episodes, but it seems to be picking up the pace now. 

Had a day on the sofa at the weekend, so I had a catch up on films:

The 24 Hour War - Pretty good Le Mans documentary. Slow start and an abrupt finish, but the central portion of the film was good. 
Terminal - Recommended to me by a friend. Weird film, was like someone had watched Blade Runner and Sin City, then tried to make a Tarantino film. Was OK, but I wouldn't rush to watch it again. 
Red Sparrow - OK espionage film. Great performance from Jennifer Lawrence, but rest of the film wasn't as strong. 
Fyre - Netflix documentary on the failed Fyre festival. Well worth a watch, if not just to prove how you can believe nothing you read on social media. 

• Like 1

The Magicians, an interesting if not convoluted show (apparently gets a lot better after season 1 so sticking with it).

Also The Grand Tour S3E4, the tribute to Jim Clark was fantastic. They might goof around but when they want to do a serious film, they do it very well indeed. This season so far has been pretty great.

• Agree 1