Sign in to follow this  

Who's Gonna Buy F1 2014

Just want a rough idea on whos gonna buy F1 2014 becuase I'm gonna get it, and if other people are not gonna get it, i know not to play online.

I don't make buying decisions on games until after they're released, when all of their official features (& flaws) are fully exposed to the general public in real-world conditions rather than just partially demonstrated in marketing promos & limited QA environments...

...My days of pre-orders & midnight launches are long gone - I've been burned too many times by games that hardly worked at launch & required waiting for patches before they were acceptably playable.

Definately wont be sucked into buying 2014. Codies last chance for my money will be 2015, if Im still unsatisfied (which is very likely) Ill be buying a PC and going back to GP4/GP3 and possibly GP2 (very hard to run these days).. I dont care for flashy graphics I just want F1 back

Not sure yet. I have bought every title to date on launch day, and have enjoyed them all a lot, but I'm really not sure about 2014. After the announcement I was thinking that I would buy it as I wanted to drive the new 2014 spec cars, but after some videos and news about the game I'm really not sure if it looks that great and it doesn't seem as if there are any new features actually worth mentioning. This may not be true, but the way everything's been presented gives the impression to not just me but others as well that very little effort to add new content has gone into this game. Evaluation test is pointless, I won't even play the new scenario mode (didn't in 13) and the fact that the career mode has shorter seasons doesn't mean it's any different or any better for that matter. Furthermore, Project CARS is releasing in November and I will be definitely getting that, so missing out on F1 2014 isn't the end of the world. If Codemasters deliver some videos that better highlight the physics and the gameplay looks decent, or they announce any new cool features, then I might still buy it. It's up to Codemasters to persuade me though.

I fully agree with everything chilza said! I was really exited about 14 as I have been with everyone so far but after watching the vids and with what codemasters are saying are new? features the exitment has all gone. The evaluation test does NOTHING for the game as after playing for a few hours I know I would be better than when I first boot the game up ffs so what good is it having it in there??? As for the new challenges imo they have no replay value at all unless you didnt get gold on first attempt which lets be honest they have never been hard if you race pro or above. I will def pick this title up at some point but as yet there has been no info  that gets me thinking about buying in the first few months of release. I love the F1 games but dont see the point in spending £40 on what looks like the game I already own. I spend 90% of the time doing carrer mode and reading the forums over the years it seems alot mostly play gp or carrer so why not focus on those game modes most so they feel fresh rather than the same thing for 5 years in a row now (Maybe getting worse actually) Im not saying dont add features to online also as that is a huge part of the game but I just cant see why those modes keep getting stripped down rather than improved for the sake of a couple of silly scenarios that had nothing to do with real f1 scenerios and doing ONE lap and the game saying your this good you should use this difficulty. Still 2 month for codies to announce more features but I just cant see what else they would have done to improve the game that they havent mentiond already. Also seems very strange to me why we have no onboard vids yet to show off how hard these cars SHOULD be to drive. 

Chilza381 said:
Not sure yet. I have bought every title to date on launch day, and have enjoyed them all a lot, but I'm really not sure about 2014. After the announcement I was thinking that I would buy it as I wanted to drive the new 2014 spec cars, but after some videos and news about the game I'm really not sure if it looks that great and it doesn't seem as if there are any new features actually worth mentioning. This may not be true, but the way everything's been presented gives the impression to not just me but others as well that very little effort to add new content has gone into this game. Evaluation test is pointless, I won't even play the new scenario mode (didn't in 13) and the fact that the career mode has shorter seasons doesn't mean it's any different or any better for that matter. Furthermore, Project CARS is releasing in November and I will be definitely getting that, so missing out on F1 2014 isn't the end of the world. If Codemasters deliver some videos that better highlight the physics and the gameplay looks decent, or they announce any new cool features, then I might still buy it. It's up to Codemasters to persuade me though.
Same with me really at the moment. I don't know whether I'll get it either. As things stand though it won't be a day 1 buy or a pre order as there's not enough to tempt me into that. if I do eventually choose to get it it'll be in one of the Steam sales when I can get away with paying £5- £10 for it because tbh with very few changes that's all it's worth really. Until then I'll make do with the other games.

I will buy 100% - and if online hasn't been sorted for leagues (either option to re-invite disconnectors between quali/race or option to fix grid positions for race only) I will be selling on EBay very shortly afterwards.

I've just switched to next-gen, so I'm waiting for F1 2015 especially with it having an earlier release.

I'll probably pick it up after Christmas when it's cheaper . But if you're going to get it anyway, what does it matter? You'll know if anyone's online by going online to have a look. If anyone's there then join in and have fun, and if they're not, don't... 

CM isn't even trying to sell their games anymore. They weren't at Gamescom, E3, nowhere to be seen anywhere.
They were at E3 with Autosport. As  I remember @Loore going off to do that. I think that it's because F1 2014 doesn't really have anything new in it is the reason they haven't bothered with that because we've pretty much seen what's in it already.

ill keep saying it, if the devs don't put effort in im not putting my cash in, so they have around 2 months to tell me whats new and why i should spend my hard earned cash on 2014, but i don't think that will happen so ill just keep playing other racing games till next year and see how much improvement has went into the next F1 game....... I BEG PEOPLE DONT PRE ORDER THIS GAME 

I won't be getting it this year unfortunately not impressed with what I've seen or heard. I think it's a massive mistake by CM bringing out another series for the old generation consoles, and then taking the classics out is just stupidity. And I'm not holding my breath for an early release in 2015 I think the excuses will flow when the season starts and it will be the usual release date.

Was looking forward to a F1 2014 experience with my current gen console, but have to wait it out until 2015, im just not buying oldgen games anymore...

I've already bought it for PC, had a code that was gonna expire from the online shop so figured I'd use it for F1 2014.

I will buy 100% - and if online hasn't been sorted for leagues (either option to re-invite disconnectors between quali/race or option to fix grid positions for race only) I will be selling on EBay very shortly afterwards.
@BobbyDeacs if you do sell it and its free postage aswell  I will start the bidding now with  0.99p  hehehe ...

If I buy a PS4 & Project Cars, then no, because I will commit to next gen by selling my Xbox360 & games.
However, if Project Cars is no good, then I will put off buying a PS4 indefinitely, & will have a close look at replacing F12013 with F12014, depending on reviews, opinions & any glaring bugs.
Other than that, I believe with the new cars & rules it is certainly worth the upgrade, despite what others are saying about a lack of features such as classic mode etc, which doesn't really bother me because I stick to the core game mostly.

Not now fanatec have a next gen wheel coming! Project cars, driveclub and the crew with my new csw v2 is going to be epic! There is a reason I go to work :) might not feel like work when I get my hands on them tho.

I'll be getting it, I've got a fair bit on money on my Game reward card, so I'm not going to be paying full price anyway. Plus me and my friends always play countless hours of splitscreen, so going by my usual measurement of at least an hour per pound paid I'll be getting my money's worth

Undecided. Waiting to see when the One version is getting released before deciding. Unless it's a vast improvement in which case I'll get it regardless.