Sign in to follow this  

Help please codemasters

TUSMBOX said:
I need to be able to turn while under braking, because I brake late. Only one or two cars actually have a tendency to spin if your bias is 100 rear. Every other car is just fine for me.
Braking late is slower, in this game anyway. It comprises your drive out of the corner. A lot of people brake late but I brake early, power through the corner and pass on the straight. Lately, it's very rare I pass anyone in a corner unless they run wide/hit a wall

Maybe for you it's slower, but I seem to be doing just fine with it. There's a difference between trail braking (what I do) and braking late and missing your corner entry completely (what I don't do).

Everyone has there style and I'm not saying its right or wrong. And the people I'm on about get the corners near enough perfect but they can't get the power down early enough. I tend to have better apex speed as well. Late braking doesn't work for me because you're more likely to make a mistake. Just try it out offline or something. Plus in races, I'd rather be consistent than trying to set a fast lap or outbrake someone. Just watch them get nervous while you follow :)

Do upgrades work or not? I was under the impression that if you bought any tuning then they didn't. It seems that way from my limited experience using an untuned lv50 car. (PC)

jerryhat said:
Do upgrades work or not? I was under the impression that if you bought any tuning then they didn't. It seems that way from my limited experience using an untuned lv50 car. (PC)
No i don't think they work, i see no difference lap time wise.

I think they dont work. I look at this if the new time trial mode only using setup and not any upgrades then this show me that upgrades still are useles...

SVENOS said:
I think they dont work. I look at this if the new time trial mode only using setup and not any upgrades then this show me that upgrades still are useles...
Yeah, IMHO the tuning makes subtle differences to the way the car feels but has no effect on performance.

SVENOS said:
Yeah, IMHO the tuning makes subtle differences to the way the car feels but has no effect on performance.
Only tuning that makes difference to me is gear ratios so far. On spar I can clearly see myself losing ground to a long ratio on hypercar.

Been chasing TUMSBOX time on the hypercar on spa. Whatever your views are on braking late it seems to work OK for him.

I'm still on the fence. I swear it feels like my cars are faster. If I'm experiencing the placebo effect, so be it. That's just even more speed to look forward to when they do patch it.

In fact, is anyone free right now to test this to make sure? I'm on PS3.

TUSMBOX said:
I'm still on the fence. I swear it feels like my cars are faster. If I'm experiencing the placebo effect, so be it. That's just even more speed to look forward to when they do patch it.

In fact, is anyone free right now to test this to make sure? I'm on PS3.
Not in a position to help you there. (nominally) at work.
Never bought any cars/upgrades either. I am the proud owner of 16000 in the bank from an attempt at online that was chaotic enough to put me off going back for a few more weeks. Time trial will keep me busy til then !

Thank you @SVENOS i think @robMUFC1987 has the Placebo effect lol
So I became ten seconds faster at Barthurst in the Intel Challenge over night? I improved my time this morning by 3 seconds with the engine upgrade over my car that was level 30 without changing the set up and with doing more mistakes?