F1 2020 | KNOWN KEY ISSUES | READ ME!!! Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

F1 Transfer Gossip

A dedicated thread for F1 transfer rumours & news.

Currently confirmed driver line-up:
Red Bull: Kyvat (26) & Ricciardo (3)
Mercedes: Rosberg (6) & Hamilton (44)
Ferrari: Vettel (5) & Raikkonen (7)
Lotus: Maldonado (13) & Grosjean (8)
McLaren: Alonso (14) & Button (22)
Force India: Perez (11) & Hulkenberg (27)
Sauber: Ericsson (9) & Nasr
Toro Rosso: Sainz (55) & Verstappen (33)
Williams: Bottas (77) & Massa (19)
Manor (TBC): TBA & TBA
Caterham: TBA & TBA

As good as done! Nasr's number and confirmation that Manor/Caterham will or wont be racing is all that's left.

Alonso and Magnusse at Mclaren next year. Bianchi or Hulkenberg to Ferrari. I cant see Button retiring just yet though.

Button at Williams would be cool, back to the roots. Massa is crap anyway, this hasn't changed just because he's wearing white instead of red now in case people didn't notice.
Yeah I know, Felipe has a contract. But let me tell you as a soon to be lawyer: Contracts are there to be broken.

I think McLaren will stay as they are for now at least for another year or 2 they've got a new engine coming in in the Honda so if I were them I'd see how that does first before making any decision

Doesn't look like there'll be a massive shake up for 2015 as it really all happened this year. McLaren, I honestly think Button's time will be over at the end of this year and I reckon they'll bring in Vandoorne to partner Magnussen.

Mclaren are said to be looking at both the short and long term. That to me says that Button will remain to partner Magnussen for the next couple of seasons. That will help develop Magnussen and then a couple more seasons down Vandoorne will be ready to partner Magnussen when Button retires.

I can't see any logic in Mclaren getting rid of Button since the only drivers worth replacing him are contracted already and they need an experienced driver to help develop the Mclaren/Honda combination next season. I'd be incredibly surprised if he isn't resigned for at least one more season at the very minimum.

Luis Suarez signed a 5 year deal at Liverpool on January. By July, he was a Barcelona player. Contracts are really irrelevant, especially with the clauses involved in F1. The clauses in Vettel's contract look unlikely to be met, while Alonso's are in the balance - the guys who are Mclaren's two main targets. 

VetteIfan said:
Luis Suarez signed a 5 year deal at Liverpool on January. By July, he was a Barcelona player. Contracts are really irrelevant, especially with the clauses involved in F1. The clauses in Vettel's contract look unlikely to be met, while Alonso's are in the balance - the guys who are Mclaren's two main targets. 
New chassis for Vettel in Monza so may give him a podium finish.

Ferrari paid off Raikkönen's contract just to sign Alonso in 2010 and they were going to do the same to Massa for Kubica.

I don't think Ferrari should've signed Kimi in the first place and I don't think they should keep him with drivers like Bianchi, Grosjean and Hulkenberg itching to get their big break.

I wouldn't also feel sorry to see Alonso go if it means you can get Vettel. Ferrari always needs 1 strong character, so my ideal line-up of Bianchi and Hulkenberg won't happen. Vettel can be that guy, with Hulk joining as the 2nd driver and Bianchi taking his spot at Force India.

I would like to see Button replaced as well. I can't imagine McLaren getting back to the top with Button as their leading driver, unless they get a dominant car like Mercedes. Ideally, Button and Raikkonen get replaced by Hulkenberg and Grosjean in some way, those two have been the best midfield runners for some time now and deserves a shot at a topteam.

VetteIfan said:
mike96 said:
What's the clause in Vettel's contract?
I think at least one win and a podium.
No. It's (reportedly) two wins and a top 3 WCC finish. 
Ironic that Ricciardo will make Vettel's release clause and Vettel won't?

That isn't really a very good point to make. All 3 of his wins have been down to luck, as well as he did do, he relied on Merc messing things up.
Even if he wins two down to luck at the end of the season (Vettel not Ricciardo) then it wont be two convincing wins, which is probably what he wants.

Even Luke who's one of the nicest guys on the forum thinks you're talking rubbish. Come on, mate.

Tbf, bringing up Ricciardo's successes every time, is getting tedious. And I'm being nice when I say tedious. But yeah, claiming it was luck is something that not even Helmut Marko would admit.

He's been lucky in the sense that Mercedes have messed up on three occasions, but he's been there every time they have to pick up the pieces before anyone else, and most impressively before his four time WDC team mate in the same car. What more could he be doing with the equipment he has 

You cannot deny how lucky (At the same time good, no denying) his wins have been. 

Montreal: Both Mercedes have an issue, one retires.
Hungary: Rosberg, Vettel, Alonso, Bottas all get unlucky with the SC, making it easier to win.
Belgium: Mercedes hit each other, does well to hold on at the end

You cannot deny the luck involved, but I fully admit that he had the skill to maximise the chance he was given. He was in the right position to capitalise on the mistakes/failures. 

If it was Vettel winning all 3, you'd say it was luck.