Sign in to follow this  

F1 Transfer Gossip

Lukedfrt said:
Will Santander be following Alonso to McLaren as a title sponser i wonder? 
Santander are already sponsor partners of McLaren. I don't think they actually left once Alonso parted originally. 

Yeah, Santander still partly sponsor McLaren because you see their logo on their overalls, just not the car. When Alonso goes there I'd be very surprised if Santander didn't have major branding on the car, maybe even the title sponsor.

With the return to Honda power next season, and a possible Santander title sponsor, wouldn't it be cool if McLaren returned to the red and white Marlboro liveries they ran in the 80s? No more silver, or maybe streaks of it instead. Heck, I wanna do a photoshop edit to see what that would look like!

Vergne's left STR http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24243/9580484/jean-eric-vergne-to-leave-toro-rosso Not a huge surprise...

I don't know, I'd rather see someone else. As much as I like Vergne, but he had his chance and he's solid but nothing more than that.

Give a younger guy a chance.
He's beaten Ricciardo and he's beaten Kvyat. What more does he have to do ?
Vergne was beaten 29-10 in qualifying, 17-12 in races and 30-29 in points.

Solid, but that's all.

I don't know, I'd rather see someone else. As much as I like Vergne, but he had his chance and he's solid but nothing more than that.

Solid, but that's all.
Vergne outscored Ricciardo in 2012 by 6 points and Kvyat this year by 14 points , yet was 7 points behind Ricciardo in 2013. 1 point behind the guy who's currently beating the 4 time world champion over 2 years and 14 points ahead of the young Russian who is tipped to be the next big thing is more than solid imo. When both Ricciardo and Vergne were at Toro Rosso pretty much everyone said they were very close , yet when Ricciardo gets promoted to the senior team Vergne suddenly turns into a tortoise ? 

Solid, but that's all.
Vergne outscored Ricciardo in 2012 by 6 points and Kvyat this year by 14 points , yet was 7 points behind Ricciardo in 2013. 1 point behind the guy who's currently beating the 4 time world champion over 2 years and 14 points ahead of the young Russian who is tipped to be the next big thing is more than solid imo. When both Ricciardo and Vergne were at Toro Rosso pretty much everyone said they were very close , yet when Ricciardo gets promoted to the senior team Vergne suddenly turns into a tortoise ? 
Exactly.

Solid, but that's all.
Exactly.
Um , okay....  :\

Disappointing to see Vergne go. Just yet another example of a strong driver with excellent racecraft losing out in favour of an unprepared youngster. It wouldn't be quite as bad if the said unprepared youngster hadn't already crashed the car twice without having raced it yet. This sport really is turning into a playground.

From Kevin's physio 

https://twitter.com/AnttiVierula/status/539013152181329920

Yeah yeah I know maybe I'm reading too much into it.. :p

mike96 said:
From Kevin's physio 

https://twitter.com/AnttiVierula/status/539013152181329920

Yeah yeah I know maybe I'm reading too much into it.. :p
As mean as it'd be to Kevin, I hope you aren't! I want JB and Alonso in those seats.

Currently confirmed driver line-up & their no. for next year:
Red Bull: Kyvat (26) & Ricciardo (3)
Mercedes: Rosberg (6) & Hamilton (44)
Ferrari: Vettel (5) & Raikkonen (7)
Lotus: Maldonado (13) & Grosjean (8)
McLaren: TBA & TBA
Force India: Perez (11) & Hulkenberg (27)
Sauber: Ericsson (9) & Nasr
Toro Rosso: Sainz (55) & Verstappen
Williams: Bottas (77) & Massa (19)