Sign in to follow this  

F1 Transfer Gossip

mike96 said:
I won't be surprised if Button gets bored of this and announces he's going to WEC before McLaren announce their line up 

At this rate I'm thinking that's more likely to happen
If I was Button, I'd wait for McLaren to announce that they want to keep me for next season, only to then announce I'm going  to retire.

Ha, optimist!
So they're gonna race Australia without drivers? ;)
Ron Dennis will find a way to explain that in his typical Ron-speak. ;)

well they cfould always try to drive them remote control but there may be a few crashes :p

This is so frustrating, even JB is "trolling" us

https://twitter.com/JensonButton/status/540576829036580864

Dear me, when I said a while back that McLaren might not announce anything til the new season I was joking.

That's starting to look more and more like a reality now.

Dear me, when I said a while back that McLaren might not announce anything til the new season I was joking.

That's starting to look more and more like a reality now.
That's the difference to McLaren though. They don't let reality come in the way of their business-model.

Ha, optimist!
"After much clinical research conducted internally and through sources of expertise inside the Mclaren Group, we have concluded that it would be sub optimal to hire any employees of the human form. This is exemplified by, but not confined to, driver choice for the future seasons, which will be chosen in discrete consideration with my unflinching commitment to Mclaren."

:p

VetteIfan said:
Ha, optimist!
"After much clinical research conducted internally and through sources of expertise inside the Mclaren Group, we have concluded that it would be sub optimal to hire any employees of the human form. This is exemplified by, but not confined to, driver choice for the future seasons, which will be chosen in discrete consideration with my unflinching commitment to Mclaren."

:p
Hit the nail on the head mate! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes: 

A tiny bit of me just wants this to happen just to see Ron's good old BS that kind of makes sense. 

This should be fun for the next days, McLaren announcement is now expected today... http://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f1-world-now-expecting-friday-announcement-from-mclaren/

Wasn't it Force India who didn't announce who their drivers were until about February time a couple of years ago?

It could happen with McLaren as well

https://twitter.com/andrewbensonf1/status/540843985993224192

And obviously someone had to comment on it  ;) 

Can't wait for the twist of a Bruno Senna/Nicolas Prost line-up just to joke around.

McLaren are treating Jenson and Kevin like scum, they don't deserve this.

wo0uldn't be surprised if they didn't make McLaren's mind up for them by signing for other teams/disciplines rather than be left waiting for an answer. I know if I were Jenson I'd be making a move soon if McLaren don't.

Scum is a tad strong. :stuck_out_tongue: 

they shouldn't be kept waiting like this though. They deserve answers so they can sort out what they want to do next year too. This is the first time I've known McLaren to behave like this though.

wo0uldn't be surprised if they didn't make McLaren's mind up for them by signing for other teams/disciplines rather than be left waiting for an answer. I know if I were Jenson I'd be making a move soon if McLaren don't.

they shouldn't be kept waiting like this though. They deserve answers so they can sort out what they want to do next year too. This is the first time I've known McLaren to behave like this though.

Uh , Perez 2013?

Uh , Perez 2013?
That was done in Japan 2013, before the end of the season, also when Hamilton signed for Mercedes.

Uh , Perez 2013?
That was done in Japan 2013, before the end of the season, also when Hamilton signed for Mercedes.
Yes but they still waited until most of the seats on the grid were gone , and according to him at least gave him no warning that his seat was under threat so that he could at least start looking for another drive if he did lose his seat.

Well it wasn't  really their fault, Whitmarsh had shaken hands with another team boss for Magnussen but suddenly it didn't happen and Whitmarsh had to give Magnussen the seat at McLaren.

It was November 11th that McLaren ditched Perez and signed Magnussen, and Perez was announced at Force India on December 12th. Perez was lucky there was a seat at Force India for him that late.