Sign in to follow this  

F1 Transfer Gossip

I'm pretty excited to see Vettel out of Red Bull. Finally we are going to see if he's really that good. And if he goes to Ferrari he's going to have a  very talented teammate who is in bad shape just like him. 

Eurgh that's a point, glad I didn't wager anything on my theory about Alonso. Looks like he is off to McLaren. 

I can't say I didn't completely see this coming though. Kenny Handkammer, pretty much one of the closest guys to Seb Vettel at Red Bull and chief mechanic on his side of the garage, left the team yesterday with immediate effect and no obvious reasoning. Several other RB staff have vacated their positions in the past week, moving on to you guessed it, Ferrari. Vettel has obviously being lining it up for a while and intends to take his close working group he's had at Red Bull with him.

Along with the departure of Newey and Prodromou as well, you have to wonder about RB's future state of affairs. I wouldn't call it a "sinking ship" yet, they obviously have the resources to challenge for championships, but such a mass exodus is sure to have some immediate effect on the team. Maybe that has been one of the thoughts running through Seb's mind. 

mike96 said:
Wow, can't wait for 2015!
I'm a bit of a 'debbie downer' for 2015 what with the silly rule changes to the sport. But new driver lineups should be interesting. I'm kind of glad Alonso isn't headed to redbull, even though he and Ricciardo would be my dream team.  I'm thinking kimi and vettel will both struggle, although not sure which one is more overrated.. :P But feel free to mock me if they somehow end up going 1-2 every race next year.

I would've like to have seen Vergne get the not tbh, putting a kid with 1 season under his belt in Red Bull could be catastrophic...

Looked like it was going to happen for weeks. Both been avoiding saying yes to being in their current cars for next year. It was the same when Lewis left for Mercedes, for months before it everyone was saying it wasn't going to happen and it was all rubbish. If Hamilton wasn't leaving for Mercedes he would have said so, if Alonso/Vettel were going to be in the same seats next year, they would have simply said yes, months ago. Not a massive surprise tbh

Looking forward to seeing Kvyat at RBR :D :D 

Glad Vettel has left, time for something new. Next season will be awesome

AMS97KRR said:

So you hate Vettel now because he left RBR lol

Vettel to Ferrari is the dream. Schumacher 2.0. I''m going to love this. Best scenario is kicking Raikkonen out for Bianchi/Grosjean/Hulkenberg.

VetteIfan said:
Eurgh that's a point, glad I didn't wager anything on my theory about Alonso. Looks like he is off to McLaren. 

I can't say I didn't completely see this coming though. Kenny Handkammer, pretty much one of the closest guys to Seb Vettel at Red Bull and chief mechanic on his side of the garage, left the team yesterday with immediate effect and no obvious reasoning. Several other RB staff have vacated their positions in the past week, moving on to you guessed it, Ferrari. Vettel has obviously being lining it up for a while and intends to take his close working group he's had at Red Bull with him.

Along with the departure of Newey and Prodromou as well, you have to wonder about RB's future state of affairs. I wouldn't call it a "sinking ship" yet, they obviously have the resources to challenge for championships, but such a mass exodus is sure to have some immediate effect on the team. Maybe that has been one of the thoughts running through Seb's mind. 
Do you have a link to any info around the departure of Newey?  

I thought he was stepping away from the F1 team but would stay within Red Bull to lead their "Innovations Centre".  

Thanks in advance :)

Jiggy said:
Vettel to Ferrari is the dream. Schumacher 2.0.
On paper - yes.
In reality - never ever. Mark my words.
You mean how Schumacher could adapt to new car evolutions vs Vettel who needs the EBD to drive a car?

Jiggy said:
On paper - yes.
You mean how Schumacher could adapt to new car evolutions vs Vettel who needs the EBD to drive a car?
Kind of.

Jiggy said:
On paper - yes.
Kind of.

Plus there's no Brawn, Todt, etc

I wasn't expecting that... Bit of a shame they're promoting Kvyat and not making a move for Alonso though, not that Kvyat doesn't deserve it (even though JEV's been better this year). It'll be interesting to see Vettel in a different car, and by god McLaren had better produce a damn good package for Alonso.
going to be difficult I think given the change of engine as well will probably take at least 2 seasons to get back on track to winning ways

AMS97KRR said:

No, I didn't say that, I just wanted Vettel to leave because I think it would have been good. How did you come to that conclusion? 

AMS97KRR said:
AMS97KRR said:

No, I didn't say that, I just wanted Vettel to leave because I think it would have been good. How did you come to that conclusion? 
You said Glad he left.

fIsince08 said:
Apparently Vettel was in tears when he told the team he was leaving.
Αnd he texted Horner saying "Can you come in my room" as well...