Sign in to follow this  

F1 Transfer Gossip

Now Ron Dennis is denying he has signed Alonso. The longer this goes on the more worried I am that Alonso is screwed. 

Well when I woke up at 06:02 this morning, went downstairs and turned on the TV I put on the FP3 show and I always skip through it at 30x speed to get to the action. However, for a split second I saw 'Vettel leaves Red' and I thought, 'no, it's not what I think it is'. So I re-winded and guess what, it was. Vettel leaves Red Bull!

I was not expecting that at all. Some of my mates have said they've seen it coming but honestly, I didn't think he'd go, definitely not this season. Incredible. How will he fare alongside Raikkonen next year? Gonna be so interesting. And Alonso, he's gotta be going to McLaren, surely? He's out of Ferrari, Red Bull are confirmed, and Mercedes, and Williams, and no where else would be good for him, so yeah, he's definitely off to McLaren. And that would probably put Button out of there, so where would he go? 

And then Kvyat in at Red Bull! That could be a fantastic team if he has what it takes, but I feel very sorry for Vergne, again being overlooked for the Red Bull seat. I can't see Toro Rosso keeping him at Toro Rosso for another year either, and to be honest, why would he? It's pretty obvious if another Red Bull seat comes available in 2015/2016 then Verstappen will get it. I can see Sainz going to Toro Rosso now, as he should be after a great season in F3.5.

Well when I woke up at 06:02 this morning, went downstairs and turned on the TV I put on the FP3 show and I always skip through it at 30x speed to get to the action. However, for a split second I saw 'Vettel leaves Red' and I thought, 'no, it's not what I think it is'. So I re-winded and guess what, it was. Vettel leaves Red Bull!

I was not expecting that at all. Some of my mates have said they've seen it coming but honestly, I didn't think he'd go, definitely not this season. Incredible. How will he fare alongside Raikkonen next year? Gonna be so interesting. And Alonso, he's gotta be going to McLaren, surely? He's out of Ferrari, Red Bull are confirmed, and Mercedes, and Williams, and no where else would be good for him, so yeah, he's definitely off to McLaren. And that would probably put Button out of there, so where would he go? 

And then Kvyat in at Red Bull! That could be a fantastic team if he has what it takes, but I feel very sorry for Vergne, again being overlooked for the Red Bull seat. I can't see Toro Rosso keeping him at Toro Rosso for another year either, and to be honest, why would he? It's pretty obvious if another Red Bull seat comes available in 2015/2016 then Verstappen will get it. I can see Sainz going to Toro Rosso now, as he should be after a great season in F3.5.
Why weren't you watching qualifying at 6:02 ?

I think it's interesting that no one else has confirmed anything. I know the rumors say Vettel to Ferrari and Alonso to McLaren. But Ferrari haven't said Vettel is coming. Vettel hasn't said where he's going. Alonso hasn't said whether he's leaving or where he's going. So there is still a lot at play. Ferrari and Alonso might have come to terms leaving Vettel to do what? Or McLaren have rejected Alonso who is now without a seat anywhere. Or both Alonso and Vettel are going to McLaren and things are just waiting on Honda to announce? Who knows?

Of course it's all for naught if the three car rumor comes to be. Vettel-Alonso-Raikkonen at Ferrari together would be insane!

I think it's interesting that no one else has confirmed anything. I know the rumors say Vettel to Ferrari and Alonso to McLaren. But Ferrari haven't said Vettel is coming. Vettel hasn't said where he's going. Alonso hasn't said whether he's leaving or where he's going. So there is still a lot at play. Ferrari and Alonso might have come to terms leaving Vettel to do what? Or McLaren have rejected Alonso who is now without a seat anywhere. Or both Alonso and Vettel are going to McLaren and things are just waiting on Honda to announce? Who knows?

Of course it's all for naught if the three car rumor comes to be. Vettel-Alonso-Raikkonen at Ferrari together would be insane!

Christian Horner said Vettel told him he was moving to Ferrari.
Unless both are screwing us over.

fIsince08 said:

I know but why haven't Vettel or Ferrari said that publicly? Seems silly/suspicious to me.

AMS97KRR said:
AMS97KRR said:
Looking forward to seeing Kvyat at RBR :D :D 

Glad Vettel has left, time for something new. Next season will be awesome
So you hate Vettel now because he left RBR lol
No, I didn't say that, I just wanted Vettel to leave because I think it would have been good. How did you come to that conclusion? 
You said Glad he left.
Yes, as a Vettel fan I'm glad he's left RBR

It does seem a bit strange that Ron Dennis would say he's got no contract in place with Alonso. I can only assume Vettel has a contract in place, otherwise why would he announce his departure? Alonso has not actually confirmed he is leaving yet has he?

fIsince08 said:

I know but why haven't Vettel or Ferrari said that publicly? Seems silly/suspicious to me.
Happens quite often in a lot of sports. Eugene Laverty, to give an example, the teams he is currently riding for in SBK announced that he was leaving them at the end of the year to go to MotoGP. Didn't say what team etc. The team he has now joined didn't announce it for a few weeks after this. Ferrari/Vettel will announce it when they want to

@APR193‌ I get that it just seems weird. Especially since neither Alonso or Raikkonen have said they're leaving Ferrari. Raikkonen has actually said he staying. Just feels like there is a lot bigger news to come.  If I was Alonso, I'd patch things up with Ferrari and leave Vettel to try and convince McLaren to hire him. Alonso can just sit back and laugh watching Vettel find a seat. But like @AMS97KRR‌ said Vettel must have a contract somewhere or else he wouldn't have announced leaving RBR. But it still should be interesting in the coming days

@AMS97KRR It's strange because the non Vettel fans are also happy to see him leave :p And I don't really mean that in a harsh way, it's gonna be good to see him in a different team. And even though I'm disappointed that Vettel's RB departure breaks up my favourite driver and team pairing of Alonso and Ferrari, things were getting stale and this shake up is interesting!

@AMS97KRR It's strange because the non Vettel fans are also happy to see him leave :p And I don't really mean that in a harsh way, it's gonna be good to see him in a different team. And even though I'm disappointed that Vettel's RB departure breaks up my favourite driver and team pairing of Alonso and Ferrari, things were getting stale and this shake up is interesting!
Yeah, I mean I still like RBR, I'm looking forward to seeing what Kvyat can do. Mercedes will still be the best next year IMO, I cannot see how they will be overtaken in that sense. Newey is leaving, a few other key figures have left RBR, they still have Renault, so why not go as well, nothing to lose. And Alonso has not been far off of RBR at a fair few points this year, so the Ferrari is not all that bad really. Alonso is regularly mixing it up with Vettel, Bottas, Massa and Ricciardo. The Ferrari cars are also known for reliability.

Who knows how good RBR will be in the next couple of years, it seems like their chassis isn't as good as the Mercedes this year after all anyway (Just looking at say, Singapore and Suzuka Quali should tell you that). I mean look at Singapore, Alonso was pretty much less than 2 seconds off of Ricciardo in his "dog" of a Ferrari. Honestly, the car doesn't look that bad in Alonso's hands, Raikkonen hasn't quite been on his pace, but then that could be for any number of reasons.

I'm excited for next season already. Vettel and Raikkonen in one team...Assuming it is Ferrari Vettel goes too. 

AMS97KRR said:
Yeah, I mean I still like RBR, I'm looking forward to seeing what Kvyat can do. Mercedes will still be the best next year IMO, I cannot see how they will be overtaken in that sense. Newey is leaving, a few other key figures have left RBR, they still have Renault, so why not go as well, nothing to lose. And Alonso has not been far off of RBR at a fair few points this year, so the Ferrari is not all that bad really. Alonso is regularly mixing it up with Vettel, Bottas, Massa and Ricciardo. The Ferrari cars are also known for reliability.

Who knows how good RBR will be in the next couple of years, it seems like their chassis isn't as good as the Mercedes this year after all anyway (Just looking at say, Singapore and Suzuka Quali should tell you that). I mean look at Singapore, Alonso was pretty much less than 2 seconds off of Ricciardo in his "dog" of a Ferrari. Honestly, the car doesn't look that bad in Alonso's hands, Raikkonen hasn't quite been on his pace, but then that could be for any number of reasons.

I'm excited for next season already. Vettel and Raikkonen in one team...Assuming it is Ferrari Vettel goes too. 
Are you following two teams next year? Would be interesting to see what he can do in a new team.

Could it be that Ron Dennis is seeking for revenge for 2007 and plans to hang Fernando out to the dry? Because if McLaren won't sign him, Fernando has got no team to go to.

If worse comes to worse i'm sure Marussia can pull out a spare 500,000 as an offer.

If worse comes to worse i'm sure Marussia can pull out a spare 500,000 as an offer.
They'll need to sell their factory and fire all of their engineers and mechanics for that though.

AMS97KRR said:

Are you following two teams next year? Would be interesting to see what he can do in a new team.
I already follow multiple drivers and a couple if teams

Vettel is going to Ferrari. People are trying to read too much in to it. The only reason it's not been announced yet is probably for contractually legal reasons, as was pointed out by Anthony Davidson yesterday. Whatever they might be. 

As for Alonso, Vettel has kind of messed everything up for him (not for the first time). His future was well in his hands with possible links to Mclaren, Red Bull or the option to just stay at Ferrari. Now Vettel has made his move first it's meant his place has been taken at Ferrari, Red Bull have got an instantaneous replacement for Vettel and with Mclaren being the only place he can go it means they have full negotiating power if Alonso is indeed in advanced talks with them. His only other choice is a sabbatical. 

I'd guess Rossi is probably going to be Bianchi's stand in, which means we'll have an American at the US GP.

I thought Rossi was at Caterham?

I wonder if Red Bull will try to get Verstappen in the seat at all? They got Ricciardo in at HRT in the British GP 2011.