Sign in to follow this  

F1 Transfer Gossip

If I was Jean-Eric, I would be looking elsewhere for a drive. Why would you stay at Toro Rosso after a 17 year old rookie takes your seat mid season, and then when a seat at Red Bull does come up, they take the younger driver with less points than you. If Ricciardo happens to leave in the next year or so then you have to assume that they'll take Verstappen and put him in there, so if I was him I'd be out of there where you might actually get a better drive.

But the question is, where does he go?
Οk how about this: Hulkenberg goes to WEC with Porsche (there are rumors about that) and Vergne replaces him alongside Perez.

mike96 said:
If I was Jean-Eric, I would be looking elsewhere for a drive. Why would you stay at Toro Rosso after a 17 year old rookie takes your seat mid season, and then when a seat at Red Bull does come up, they take the younger driver with less points than you. If Ricciardo happens to leave in the next year or so then you have to assume that they'll take Verstappen and put him in there, so if I was him I'd be out of there where you might actually get a better drive.

But the question is, where does he go?
Οk how about this: Hulkenberg goes to WEC with Porsche (there are rumors about that) and Vergne replaces him alongside Perez.
Was hoping Alonso would have gone WEC next year along side Webber :)

fIsince08 said:
Hulkenberg is contracted to Force India for another two seasons...
Alonso is contracted at Ferrari for next year though, I'm pretty sure Vettel has a year left on his Red Bull contract. Contracts mean jack all

APR193 said:
fIsince08 said:
Alonso is contracted at Ferrari for next year though, I'm pretty sure Vettel has a year left on his Red Bull contract. Contracts mean jack all
He's also stated numerous times this season that he wants continuity after moving around so much for the past 4-5 years. 

APR193 said:
fIsince08 said:
He's also stated numerous times this season that he wants continuity after moving around so much for the past 4-5 years. 
Hulkenberg could well end up as one of those guys who should have won a title but never did for various reasons if he doesn't get a top drive soon. He's, what 26 already, he'll be 27 by the time his Force India contract ends. Bianchi's injuries have probably left a Ferrari drive unoccupied for 2016, maybe he could slot in there, but then Bottas and Ricciardo might both want a seat like that too by then...

AMS97KRR said:
APR193 said:
fIsince08 said:
Hulkenberg could well end up as one of those guys who should have won a title but never did for various reasons if he doesn't get a top drive soon. He's, what 26 already, he'll be 27 by the time his Force India contract ends. Bianchi's injuries have probably left a Ferrari drive unoccupied for 2016, maybe he could slot in there, but then Bottas and Ricciardo might both want a seat like that too by then...
He's 27 , so he'll be 28 when his contract ends. I agree though , I can't see him winning a WDC despite me thining he's in the top 5 drivers on the grid . He's been incredibly unlucky when it comes to drives. Should have gotten the Mclaren seat for 2013 and then the Ferrari seat for 2014. The only thing I will say is that Alonso had his best season in 2012 at ripe old age of 31 ( I think ) so there could be time left yet for him. He'll have to get a top drive soon though.

Button dropped by McLaren. So yeah, basically ensures the line-up of Alonso and Magnussen.

EDIT: Never mind, he didn't get dropped (yet), I completely misread a BBC-tweet. My bad.

well one thing that has been confirmed is that Alonso is abandoning the Ferrari sinking ship

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29638594

'By Andrew Benson
Chief F1 writer'

-Nope. It's not true. At least not until it is posted by a trustworthy source (PitLaneTalk? :smiley: )

'By Andrew Benson
Chief F1 writer'

-Nope. It's not true. At least not until it is posted by a trustworthy source (PitLaneTalk? :smiley: )
The original source isn't Benson though :p

Until it pops up on Autosport or F1 Fanatic I wouldn't believe anything written about F1.

And Benson sensationalises everything. I'd assume Montezemolo was speculating and not actually confirming it, Benson is very selective when it comes to quoting people.

Until it pops up on Autosport or F1 Fanatic I wouldn't believe anything written about F1.

And Benson sensationalises everything. I'd assume Montezemolo was speculating and not actually confirming it, Benson is very selective when it comes to quoting people.
http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/116370

happy? :p

Only if they give him a car with a 1 second advantage. Otherwise, he'll never match Alonso's 11 wins for the team.
If they give him that car, or if he spurs and directs the development to make the car that good. 

With Alonso it has always been of my opinion that he has always made the best of poor machinery, rather than make the poor machinery better. Vettel, as quoted by Newey, is the perfect driver to make a car for as he is very exact in his requirements and makes it easy for the engineers to understand what he needs. That's why I hold hope that Vettel is just what Ferrari needs. 

Alonso's cars may not have been the fastest, but they were reliable, 2  of those 11 wins at least were due to Vettel's RB6 failing. 

Here we go again about Vettel's retirements...

And I'm sure Alonso will have been steering development of the car to his exact needs just as well as Vettel. Renault 05/06?

And I'm sure Alonso will have been steering development of the car to his exact needs just as well as Vettel. Renault 05/06?
Yet he failed to achieve the same with Ferrari in 5 years. 

As I say, Alonso is rightly recognised for lifting the performance of the car out on track, but it's my just my perception that he isn't quite as astute when pushing the car development forward back at base. Vettel did this very successfully during his time at Red Bull, and is also well known for having built extremely strong ties with his integral team at Red Bull, for getting his team together and pushing them in the right direction. Hence many of "Team Vettel" are heading with him to Ferrari, even Red Bull's (now former) chief mechanic. Another respect, according to Alonso's co-workers, that Alonso falls down in. I quote Pat Symonds "he wasn't a team player, from time to time when things went wrong he could really upset people". 

So whatever Ferrari lose out on track with Vettel, they might gain behind the scenes. Vettel might turn out to be just the kind of character Ferrari need. Time will tell. 

Sometimes I feel like the teams Fernando is racing for are more focused on producing a car which suits his driving style rather than improving it generally.

I believe he's like Stoner, he will be fast with anything but there will be struggles with the development unless you have a good #2 driver.