Jump to content Jump to content

F1 Transfer Gossip

Perez confirmed for 2015, just waiting for a deal for 2016. http://www1.skysports.com/f1/news/24215/9554756/vijay-mallya-reveals-he-has-exercised-option-to-retain-sergio-perz-for-2015

I know Hulkenberg has outscored him by a good distance, but he's not had a bad season at all and I think that's a perfectly good decision.

Also, Magnussen, having less points than Perez did this time last year, in an equally, if not more competitive McLaren, set to keep his seat despite being much further behind Button than Perez was, and at the expense of Button probably. Wow, McLaren, just wow...
So Alonso is not playing to McLaren's deadline? Is he talking to others? WTF is going on?
http://www1.skysports.com/f1/report/12474/9558561/fernando-alonso-suggests-decision-on-his-future-wont-be-announced-before-abu-dhabi

Is anyone else REALLY bored of this now? 
He's pretty much nailed in to Mclaren now. Seems Ron has unsurprisingly got his way and made him sign a 2 year contract, as that was the only thing really bogging the deal down. I've said in an earlier post that Alonso signing a one year deal in the hope of a Mercedes drive coming free in 2016 seemed a little ambitious. Seems like he may have seen the light. 

I've got to say though, the prospect of moving to Mclaren doesn't seem half as bad as it did around 3 months ago. In the second half of the season they've been stronger than Ferrari, and on a few occasions Red Bull too. Okay they have the dominant engine on the grid, but it shows they've made progress in the chassis area so if Honda can create a good power unit there is hope for next year. 

VetteIfan said:
He's pretty much nailed in to Mclaren now. Seems Ron has unsurprisingly got his way and made him sign a 2 year contract, as that was the only thing really bogging the deal down. I've said in an earlier post that Alonso signing a one year deal in the hope of a Mercedes drive coming free in 2016 seemed a little ambitious. Seems like he may have seen the light. 

I've got to say though, the prospect of moving to Mclaren doesn't seem half as bad as it did around 3 months ago. In the second half of the season they've been stronger than Ferrari, and on a few occasions Red Bull too. Okay they have the dominant engine on the grid, but it shows they've made progress in the chassis area so if Honda can create a good power unit there is hope for next year. 

Yea we just don't know how good that Honda engine will be. Remember everyone said Hamilton was crazy to leave McLaren, but look how that turned out. I'll laugh if the Honda engine is slower than the Renault, especially if they get rid of Button.
mike96 said:

Alonso finalises switch to McLaren for 2015

It's still unknown who will partner him but don't count out JB yet. 
yeah I'm hoping Button stays as well. I think Button's previous work with Honda will hopefully work in his favour as well. As I've said in a previous post I think Button still has a couple of years left in him at this level if he still wants it. I just hope McLaren make him an offer fast as I think Button's getting fed up of the waiting.
Mclaren would only be hindering themselves in regards to the constructors championship by not resigning him. The last few races have shown that it's a no brainer to keep him, especially with the weight limit going back up so he won't be at that disadvantage and the driver coaching rules being fully implemented. We all saw what happened in Suzuka without driver coaching...
Is it really fair to drop KM after 1 season? I'd personally like it if Button went to Williams and KM stayed at McLaren but that is not a realistic thing. 
McLaren already ditched Perez, KM might be next. Can't imagine young drivers will have too much confidence in McLaren after dropping two young guys in two years.

Also, is having two drivers over 33 really a great idea? 2 drivers who are only going to get worse in one team. Hmmm. I'd go with KM and FA. Magnussen would really benefit from 2 or so years with Alonso.