Jump to content Jump to content

F1 Transfer Gossip

Currently confirmed driver line-up & their no. for next year:
Red Bull: Kyvat (26) & Ricciardo (3)
Mercedes: Rosberg (6) & Hamilton (44)
Ferrari: Vettel (5) & Raikkonen (7)
Lotus: Maldonado (13) & Grosjean (8)
McLaren: TBA & TBA
Force India: Perez (11) & Hulkenberg (27)
Sauber: Ericsson (9) & Nasr
Toro Rosso: Sainz (55) & Verstappen
Williams: Bottas (77) & Massa (19)
Except Hamilton will have Number 1 on his car not 44 given he'll be the reigning champ
Except Hamilton will have Number 1 on his car not 44 given he'll be the reigning champ
Hamilton's already said he wants to keep the 44 and not switch to 1 :p Plus it's optional, so if he doesn't want the 1, he won't be made to have it. He could pretty easily incorporate it into one of the 4's though.
Hamilton's already said he wants to keep the 44 and not switch to 1 :p Plus it's optional, so if he doesn't want the 1, he won't be made to have it. He could pretty easily incorporate it into one of the 4's though.O
Oh right wasn't aware of that. I just know that it's normally tradition for the reigning champ to have 1 which was why I said it.
Hamilton's already said he wants to keep the 44 and not switch to 1 :p Plus it's optional, so if he doesn't want the 1, he won't be made to have it. He could pretty easily incorporate it into one of the 4's though.O
Oh right wasn't aware of that. I just know that it's normally tradition for the reigning champ to have 1 which was why I said it.
Yea, with the number system before it was. And I'm a little disappointed he won't go with the number 1, but he's wants to keep the 44 as it's his favourite/lucky number, plus when you think of driver number 44 you think of Hamilton straight away right? It's like if I said 46, there's only one person who springs to mind.

I hope they let Hamilton do what the MotoGP riders do, where they can keep their own number and also have the number 1 at the same time.  
They should keep their own number, it is all about recognition and branding. If Hamilton took the No.1 and then won the next 4 titles with it, you'd think of 1 before 44. Vettels had the No.1 for over half of his career for example rather than No.5 so most of the images of his cars or his team wear is all No.1.

I want them all to stick with their numbers.
So the Mclaren board meeting that took place today has now finished.

McLaren spokesman : "Today's board meeting has now concluded, and no decision has been taken with regard to our 2015 driver line-up." ._.

I'm with Dan. Mclaren to enter F1's first ever driverless car, Australia 2015. 
It's getting beyond silly now. They just need to make up their mind. It's not even like there's a bad choice, Of the three guys there is arguably no bad combination. Personally I'd give Kevin the boot. I was only impressed by his performance once this year, Australia. Button and Alonso would make great teammates as each would be able to push the other to success and better development of the new car.