Jump to content Jump to content
F1 2021 | Online Services Down For Maintenance | 26/07/2021 ×

F1 Transfer Gossip

VetteIfan said:
And I'm sure Alonso will have been steering development of the car to his exact needs just as well as Vettel. Renault 05/06?

Newey did this very successfully during his time at Red Bull, and is also well known for having built extremely strong ties with his integral team at Red Bull, for getting his team together and pushing them in the right direction.
Fixed.
I've been enthusiastic about Vettel joining Ferrari. Not sure if I aired it here though.

And on a small note, the first Red Bull-car that started winning was in the first season Vettel started driving there. #BelieveInSebVettel #DiabloSV
There are more and more talks that Button is going to Porsche in the WEC, which has got me thinking. If we go to eight teams with three cars, how would the grid line up?

Red Bull: Ricciardo, Kvyat, Vergne
Merc: Hamilton, Rosberg, Alonso
Ferrari: Vettel, Raikkonen, Grosjean
Lotus: Maldonado, Gutierrez, Ericsson
McLaren: Button, Magnussen, Vandoorne
Force India: Hulkenberg, Perez, Juncadella
Toro Rosso: Verstappen, Lynn, Sainz Jr
Williams: Massa, Bottas, Nasr

Thoughts?
With an eight team grid of three cars next year, I think Palmer might fit in well at Lotus perhaps, alongside Maldonado and maybe Gutierrez if I go with these choices:

Mercedes: Hamilton, Rosberg, Alonso
Red Bull: Ricciardo, Kvyat, Vergne
Williams: Bottas, Massa, Nasr
Ferrari: Raikkonen, Vettel, Grosjean
McLaren: Button, Magnussen, Vandoorne
Force India: Hulkenberg, Perez, Juncadella
Toro Rosso: Verstappen, Sainz, Lynn
Lotus: Maldonado, Gutierrez, Palmer

If that happened then there would be seven rookies on the grid, and the average age of the grid 26 years old, with half of the drivers at the age of 24 or under.
As an American, I'm curious to see how will affect Haas F1 in 2016. Gene Haas commented a couple days ago about the proposed 3-car team rumors and he said something along the lines of "we have a license, so I'm not worried about that".

If that's the case, then we could be looking at an F1 grid of close to 30 cars...
What about costumer teams? Sounds better to me than 3 car-teams tbh.
But then we'd probably need to classes, there's no way a customer team would win the WCC.
Also, customer teams would still have the Mercedes problem. If a customer Merc beat say Lotus or McLaren, they aren't going to stay around.