Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

2017 Snapchat British Grand Prix

Couldn't be happier, what a weekend.  Vettel getting the karma he deserves, and at the perfect track B)

If karma exists then it certainly happened today for Vettel after Baku.
Hughesy said:
Couldn't be happier, what a weekend.  Vettel getting the karma he deserves, and at the perfect track B)
The fuck are you on about? Karma? Did I miss the part where he damaged Lewis' car? Because that's what you're indicating when you're talking about 'karma'.

http://www.gpguide.com/News.aspx?articleId=MXwwNy8xNi8yMDE3IDAwOjAwOjAwfEdhc2x5IHRvIHJlcGxhY2UgU2FpbnogYXQgVG9ybyBSb3NzbyAtIHJlcG9ydA==

I don't know how true this is but I was only explaining a similar situation to my dad while watching ...

Hughesy said:
The **** are you on about? Karma? Did I miss the part where he damaged Lewis' car? Because that's what you're indicating when you're talking about 'karma'.
Yea let's forget what he did at Baku where he got away very lightly, then last week insisting Bottas jumped the start even though the stewards said he didn't with clear evidence..... You seem very angry, I suggest a nice cool drink ;)

Hughesy said:
Hughesy said:
The **** are you on about? Karma? Did I miss the part where he damaged Lewis' car? Because that's what you're indicating when you're talking about 'karma'.
Yea let's forget what he did at Baku where he got away very lightly..... You seem very angry, I suggest a nice cool drink ;)
He hit Hamilton. Hamilton suffered no damage. He got a stop and go penalty.

Seb suffered a puncture today and still got more points, Baku included, than if he would have gotten, for example, a DSQ. Again, what has this to do with Karma? Or are you going to tell me to calm down again because you obviously have no argument?

Because he acted like a dick after the race, pretending like he did nothing, that's where the bad karma comment comes from. In both instances he thought he was above the stewards and that he's the law. I said calm down because you're clearly angry, if you don't like what I said then don't reply, life's too short.

noun
  1. (in Hinduism and Buddhism) the sum of a person's actions in this and previous states of existence, viewed as deciding their fate in future existences.
    • informal
      good or bad luck, viewed as resulting from one's actions.

Hughesy said:
Because he acted like a **** after the race, pretending like he did nothing, that's where the bad karma comment comes from. In both instances he thought he was above the stewards and that he's the law. I said calm down because you're clearly angry, if you don't like what I said then don't reply, life's too short.
Eh, that was stupid, but then again, He would have lost out either way: If he would've said it wasn't on purpose nobody would have believed him, if he would've said he did it on purpose he would've been drawn and quartered by the stewards.

And I do have to wonder with what action Kimi deserved his puncture, but I guess in his case it was just bad luck, eh?

For asking a question? Is everyone who's asking a question angry in your world? I am angry, but my anger is more directed towards a certain tyre supplier.

Hughesy said:
I'm talking about him having bad luck today reversing his fortunate escape at Baku :)

Never said you were angry at a particular comment, just in general. And hay I would be if I supported Vettel or if it happened to Hamilton. It was a light hearted comment, nothing serious, I don't even believe in karma ;)

Love watching a good domination, great for the sport.

Edit: Can't believe Raikkonens luck either, he had even fresher tyres than Vettel and his went first... To be honest after that Ferrari should have just pitted Vettel, it was a massive risk to leave him out and it backfired. Shame Bottas had that penalty as I'd like to have seen an actual battle at the front, nobody to blame for that but Ferrari and the lack of pace and a gearbox. I just hope this isn't the end of the title battle, because if it is, F1 is just fucked. No way can we have Mercedes running off with it again. 

Martin Brundle apparently suffering from an upset stomach. That's what happens when you're working closely with Karun Chandhok.

Martin Brundle apparently suffering from an upset stomach. That's what happens when you're working closely with Karun Chandhok.
Sure it wasn't Crofty's hog roast? 

Highlight of the race was undoubtedly Vettel and Verstappen going toe to toe at the start. That is EXACTLY the sort of racing I love to watch, hard but fair. Vettel pushed Max off at Stowe and he returned the favour at Vale, all equal.

Lewis, just brilliant. I still think he was silly not going to London but you can't fault him when he delivers a dominant weekend like that. And a super recovery drive by Bottas, he's now been in the top 2 for the last 4 races!

I think Hulkenberg did an incredible job too, to finish comfortably ahead of Force India, fantastic! Shame for Jolyon, he just can't seem to catch a break at the moment.

Kvyat though, surely he can't stay at Toro Rosso next season. This is now his 4th season and he's STILL getting involved in these 1st lap incidents. Sainz was helpless there.

More than anything though, this weekend demonstrated why the British Grand Prix MUST remain at Silverstone. The power of the fans is immense, and hopefully the new owners were blown away by it. A new deal has to be met.

Overall underwhelming race, but it had the drama, which...didn't compensate.

Also, they should not say shit about expecting rain, because that, without exception, means we're absolutely not getting rain.

AMS97KRR said:

Edit: Can't believe Raikkonens luck either, he had even fresher tyres than Vettel and his went first... To be honest after that Ferrari should have just pitted Vettel, it was a massive risk to leave him out and it backfired. Shame Bottas had that penalty as I'd like to have seen an actual battle at the front, nobody to blame for that but Ferrari and the lack of pace and a gearbox. I just hope this isn't the end of the title battle, because if it is, F1 is just fucked. No way can we have Mercedes running off with it again. 
Hard to say, really.

If the Mercs keep this form in Hungary and after the summer break in Spa, then it is pretty much done and dusted. Maybe Seb will snatch away the Singapore victory, but other than that it's back to the snoozefest we've had for the past 3 seasons.

Can't really blame them for being the best, but I certainly won't be happy for them. I can't.

Some of you guys are way too quick in writing Ferrari off. Also, F1 didn't need Vettel dominating the 2nd half of 2013, but he did. And guess what: The sport survived, even though many, many people had enough of seeing the same guy and the same team win over and over again. It happens, and if it happens to be a team/driver you don't support, you just have to grit your teeth and get through it. I had to, many others had to. That's life.

AMS97KRR said:

Edit: Can't believe Raikkonens luck either, he had even fresher tyres than Vettel and his went first... To be honest after that Ferrari should have just pitted Vettel, it was a massive risk to leave him out and it backfired. Shame Bottas had that penalty as I'd like to have seen an actual battle at the front, nobody to blame for that but Ferrari and the lack of pace and a gearbox. I just hope this isn't the end of the title battle, because if it is, F1 is just ******. No way can we have Mercedes running off with it again. 
So when Schumacher dominated the sport was F1 ******? Or when Williams, McLaren or Red Bull? It happens a lot more than people seem to remember. The only way you stop that is by having cars that are all the same. If they equalise the engines then one team will do better in the aero department. Ferrari have had a few poor races, but I have no doubt they will have good races.