Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Unfair view rules, make DiRT games great again...

What's wrong with dashcam then? It is less pushed into the car then cockpit view but it is on the side unlike bonnet cam. Is it because one still has a windscreen in front of them with all the handicaps it brings (raindrops, wipers, etc.)?

PaloSamo said:
What's wrong with dashcam then? It is less pushed into the car then cockpit view but it is on the side unlike bonnet cam. Is it because one still has a windscreen in front of them with all the handicaps it brings (raindrops, wipers, etc.)?
I think dashcam is better on single screen but, like, the "head" camera, I personally find the lack of peripheral vision unrealistic. You have a far greater perception of the area around the front of the car in real life: the low position of the dashcam also means that you can't see the peripheries of the bonnet in a lot of cars. Again, that isn't true to real life.

Still, if I had a triple screen setup, then I would favour headcam. I do miss the additional details like raindrops and wipers when using the bonnet camera and, with three screens, you get a much wider (and to me more realistic) view.

PaloSamo said:
My main issue with dashcam is that it's often placed too low, so you end up with nearly half the screen taken up with dashboard, which isn't really very helpful.

caerphoto said:
PaloSamo said:
My main issue with dashcam is that it's often placed too low, so you end up with nearly half the screen taken up with dashboard, which isn't really very helpful.
Exactly. it's like driving your car with your nose against the top of the steering wheel!

tbtstt said:
caerphoto said:
PaloSamo said:
Exactly. it's like driving your car with your nose against the top of the steering wheel!
It's especially bad for me because I'm 6'2" (188cm) so when I drive IRL I'm used to looking from quite a high viewpoint.

tbtstt said:
So if i follow you, you drive with the noz on the bonnet, and it' s better... Well, i respect all choices !
And sorry, the bonnet view can' t be an inside view... ;) 

Everyone can drive his car and play like he want (Cockpit, Dach, Bonnet, Follow...).
But , the filter view (inside/outside) must be avaible, coz the difficulty in the game is really, really, really different !
Sure than objectively, lot of players are agree with the idea, who made the timing and the game more equitable !

tbtstt said:
So if i follow you, you drive with the noz on the bonnet, and it' s better... 
It's not perfect, but I personally find it the most realistic viewpoint for a single screen gamer. A low position further forward in the car moves the sight line closer to what you'd experience when sitting in a car. The bonnet camera allows me to see the peripheries of the front of the car to the same extent I would when driving in real life: of course shifting the camera to the drivers side would further enhance this. 

tbtstt said:
tbtstt said:
So if i follow you, you drive with the noz on the bonnet, and it' s better... 
It's not perfect, but I personally find it the most realistic viewpoint for a single screen gamer. A low position further forward in the car moves the sight line closer to what you'd experience when sitting in a car. The bonnet camera allows me to see the peripheries of the front of the car to the same extent I would when driving in real life: of course shifting the camera to the drivers side would further enhance this. 

Unless you're driving a Honda Jazz, in which case you don't see your bonnet at all :)

Like Porkhammer advise me, i open a poll vote !
If you want help me, or give your opinion for this request  ;)
http://forums.codemasters.com/discussion/54757/unfair-view-rules-made-the-game-more-equitable