Sign in to follow this  

All Wall riders should be banned and disqualified from the intel challenge if gained an advantage

I think its not cheating. ..everybody can use it but no everyone know in right moment...cheating is faster car or extra grip. ..same discussion i saw in GT 6 few months ago. ..

SASBlink said:

Hacking and modding does not fall under this category so it all depends on whether they think wall riding is cheating or not, and how do they judge what is fair wall rubbing and  what is unfair.

It's hard as wall riding would usually slow you down but this case is different, but If they do class wall riding as cheating then surly by their own rules every car that even touches a wall anywhere on any track should be subjected to this rule and disqualified, right? alot of people would say "if my time got disqualified then his/her time should be disqualified as they touched a wall in the 2nd corner and gained 0.001 sec".... -_-

If that rule comes true then that's highly unfair as its not very common that this issue would help the lap times in the first place and people will have times disallowed for touching a wall and setting a worse time because of it....

The term "cheating" is very opinionated and varies depending on how each person sees it and I'm guessing CM needs to be very very careful in what they do and the decision they make.
If they make a new rule then the rule should be airtight with no room for people to question it but this is very questionable rule proposition and I don't see it ending very well.

So yeah, You wont get a answer because they don't know the answer themselves yet.  :/ 

Warning guys, this is going to get messy :(
Off topic but I saw u write on grids Facebook page yesterday . I was like I recognize that picture . anyway sorry and continue folks.

camron72 said:
I think its not cheating. ..everybody can use it but no everyone know in right moment...cheating is faster car or extra grip. ..same discussion i saw in GT 6 few months ago. ..
So in GT6, if you fully upgrade the car and have a really good set up, you're a cheat? If this is the common way of thinking, no wonder people get kicked just for being fast

camron72 said:
So in GT6, if you fully upgrade the car and have a really good set up, you're a cheat? If this is the common way of thinking, no wonder people get kicked just for being fast
I think it's moreso modding/hacking the cars themselves, not just upgrades.

Anyway one that wall rides the left corner up the hill that makes over a second difference every lap should be disqualified. Its simple as that but I dont get why people are still doubting about it. 

Anyway one that wall rides the left corner up the hill that makes over a second difference every lap should be disqualified. Its simple as that but I dont get why people are still doubting about it. 
I'm with you 100% mate

Thanks I am glad you agree but I am well annoyed that all the people have got under a 6.50 has cheated. I want all of those people that did it disqualified to show that cheaters dont win anything.  Thats what you call justice the sooner this is sorted the better.

Its just a arcade game...u can use it and right for win or just have good feel for nice driving. ...99 percents  of people just drive and try

What to destroy the leaderboards and rob prizes I dont think so. I am sorry Camron72 but your wrong what you said and most people will agree with me. I dont care if a game is arcady or realistic you should not wall ride its simple as that. Any smart ass would know that.  

as that 

I don't think this is common knowledge, if it is, people must think its slower. I've never seen anyone do it and the 1s who run wide for better corner entry but tap the wall, get sucked in or the car spins

I am talking about wall riding not tapping the wall there is a difference.  
My point is, no one does it races, maybe because thats happened to them in a race. The walls are unpredictable in this game. It's either a simple love tap that scrubs a bit of speed or it flips you around and damages the car. As I said though, I've not seen anyone wallride anywhere online

Racing online totally different to time trail or doing a competition where prizes are up for stake.
How is it different? Both have the same goals. You race to win. If it was faster and common knowledge, people will do it online if it gives you an advantage

Its pritty clear cut really 2 to 3 second gains are made from wall riding and the people in question have admitted they cheated ie wall riding.  Case closed, awaiting sentence.

Rob you need to realise that wall riding is not acceptable and its the last time im saying this because for some stupid reason you think its k. I bet its because your a manchester united fan and i am Leeds united fan and thats a recipe of disaster

Where have I said it's ok? I said its slower. I don't care for stupid football rivalries. If he gained 3 seconds from "cheating" only 1 corner, then he's slow through that corner to begin with

Omg the wall ride is over a second faster and it doesnt matter how well you take the corner legit its still over a second slower and thats the last time I say it