Sign in to follow this  

All Wall riders should be banned and disqualified from the intel challenge if gained an advantage

So somehow, ONE GUY gains an advantage, it's a problem? No one else is doing it, because its slower for them. If this 1 guy bothers you so much, go and do it yourself and see where it gets you.

I'm not saying its good or bad, but why is no one doing it? Probably a risk/reward type thing because its so easy to damage the Utes, even if you tap something

Well actually multiple people have done it so your wrong and the top 2 on the xbox360 has done it and admitted it. Also only losers wall ride and I am not a loser

It not just one guy doing it tho, there could be loads doing it in the top ten. 2 have admitted to it and one has only been truthful about the gains. I do ok without cheating rob thanks

I'm top 6 on PS3 last I checked anyway and only 2 people have gone below 6:50 and I believe @SVENOS didn't cheat. Maybe there's more rogue people on the 360 & PC?

Rob you need to realise that wall riding is not acceptable and its the last time im saying this because for some stupid reason you think its k. I bet its because your a manchester united fan and i am Leeds united fan and thats a recipe of disaster
Problem is, that decision is not up to you. I agree, 'morally' it is a nogo, as it is cheating and in no way represents racing as it should/would/could be done in the real world. But if neither Intel nor CM cares about it, it is in fact 'acceptable'. ForEx is accepted aswell even though I find it highly immoral, considering the scale on what this is done and how it can affect some (mostly already poor) countries. Eating animals is accepted around the world, as no one cares, but is it morally right? For me it is definately not right to kill living beings just for the sake of my own well-being.
I know, a little off-topic, but that's how the world works. In the end you only 'have' to abide rules, that are legally fine, not morally. And if wall riding won't be penalized it is de facto legal.

If this stuff happened in real life you be penalised or disqualified. So why would be any different on a video game that be the most stupid thing ever

So why is so hard for everyone to realise that wall riding is cheating. None of this would of happened if codemasters chosed a track like indanapalis where there is no cutting or wall riding. So then everyone would be happy. 

I think Rob does not quite know enough knowledge about grid autosport just yet
Really? At the end of the day, it's a racing game. I've been playing racing games and watching motorsport for over 20 years. And as stated, @SVENOS said he tried wall riding but he was half a second slower

SVENOS said:
I achieve a 1.13.7 on the new time trial mode and better without wallriding but to be honest I DID wallriding in the challenge for save but my times with wallriding were not faster 1.13.5 in the challenge.

Now the story changes after I posted proof? He said he was SLOWER. Look, there is people out there legitimately faster than you and apparently PS3 seems to be the fastest platform or has the fastest drivers on it. I'm a fast guy, but you don't hear me complaining when I know how fast PS3 players are

Hello Steven,

Thank you for contacting Intel.

We appreciate your taking the time to bring this issue to our attention. We will most definitely look into the information you have reported. 

Best regards,

Tamara
Intel Customer Support

A representative of Intel may subsequently contact you by email in order to obtain your feedback on the quality of the support you received. If you do not wish to participate, simply delete the survey email or follow the instructions to opt-out.

Agent is under contract to Intel.

Intel will use your personal information solely for the purpose it was collected. We will not use your personal information for a different purpose without first asking your permission.  In order to fulfill the purpose, we may need to share your personal information within Intel Corporation, Intel subsidiaries worldwide, or with authorized third parties.For more information on Intel's privacy practices, please see our privacy policy at:
http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/privacy/intel-online-privacy-notice-summary.html

Or you may write:  Intel Corporation, ATTN Privacy, Mailstop RNB4-1452200 Mission College Blvd., Santa Clara, CA95054 USA
©Intel Corporation | Legal Information:http://www.intel.com/content/www/us/en/legal/terms-of-use.html

Intel is a registered trademark of Intel Corporation or its subsidiaries in the United States and other countries.

*Other names and brands may be claimed as the property of others.

---------

The reply from Intel.  

I forget the details but there was in incident in Formula One many years ago where a driver crashed their car on purpose around a final corner to get a faster qualifying time. Is that cheating? Seems on the same level as wall-riding.
I don't see it as cheating since it's part of the game and not something like a hack where the player has to do something to enable the advantage. Not that it matters to me, if I gained a second a lap I'd reach the heady heights of 7:17.

To clear it I tried it a few times without wallriding but I cant get into 6.48 myself. If its cheating its good if my time get removed but I dont want to be banned for this. Its simple for me. If wallriding is cheating then crashing into the pack at the first corner to get an advantage is also cheating, right? I mean then every advantage is cheating! 

And as @RobMUFC1987 said, Im not eligible for prizes. Im from germany. So dont it matter then? Some people I see here only want to win prizes! If thats the reason you need to go all in!!! If you dont do it you are the losers not the others. I dont understand these people ^^