Sign in to follow this  

All Wall riders should be banned and disqualified from the intel challenge if gained an advantage

I never complained about how fast ps3 is or the drivers. All im complaining about is the wall riding so get your facts right next time rob. So stop twisting what im saying I can understand why people hate you 

@RobMUFC1987‌ -  it doesn't matter how slow or fast you are, wall riding can gain you over a second a lap.  Regardless of what SVENOS says and whatever you want to believe, wall riding is quicker.

LOL are you kidding me? Crashing into the pack can give you an advantage with OVER 1 SEC to!!!!!

SVENOS said:
To clear it I tried it a few times without wallriding but I cant get into 6.48 myself. If its cheating its good if my time get removed but I dont want to be banned for this. Its simple for me. If wallriding is cheating then crashing into the pack at the first corner to get an advantage is also cheating, right? I mean then every advantage is cheating! 

And as @RobMUFC1987 said, Im not eligible for prizes. Im from germany. So dont it matter then? Some people I see here only want to win prizes! If thats the reason you need to go all in!!! If you dont do it you are the losers not the others. I dont understand these people ^^
You can't be banned mate - the T&C's of the competition doesn't mention game glitches.  They class cheating as modded game files or 3rd party programmes running with Grid.  Wall riding is abusing what the developers put in the game, therfore it's not cheating.  It's just frowned upon and isn't in the spirit of a racing game. 

For the record too, you won't see any other wall rides or track cuts in any of my ghost laps because it annoys me just as much as cheating.  CM forced my hand to actually abuse the game glitches to stay with the top guys on PC in the hope of winning a decent prize.

gaski said:
SVENOS said:
To clear it I tried it a few times without wallriding but I cant get into 6.48 myself. If its cheating its good if my time get removed but I dont want to be banned for this. Its simple for me. If wallriding is cheating then crashing into the pack at the first corner to get an advantage is also cheating, right? I mean then every advantage is cheating! 

And as @RobMUFC1987 said, Im not eligible for prizes. Im from germany. So dont it matter then? Some people I see here only want to win prizes! If thats the reason you need to go all in!!! If you dont do it you are the losers not the others. I dont understand these people ^^
You can't be banned mate - the T&C's of the competition doesn't mention game glitches.  They class cheating as modded game files or 3rd party programmes running with Grid.  Wall riding is abusing what the developers put in the game, therfore it's not cheating.  It's just frowned upon and isn't in the spirit of a racing game. 

For the record too, you won't see any other wall rides or track cuts in any of my ghost laps because it annoys me just as much as cheating.  CM forced my hand to actually abuse the game glitches to stay with the top guys on PC in the hope of winning a decent prize.
Why we complaining then? It makes no sense for me...

We're complaining because it shouldn't be allowed.  They need to look at their T&C's for future competitions or make sure they pick tracks that can't be glitched. 

I wouldn't mind but wall riding was rife on Shibuya in Grid 1 so you would expect the feedback they got on the forum at the time would be a key thing to check in upcoming games.  Again, I go back to the testing of the game as these things should be picked up during QA. 

Why couldn't they chose time trail on indanapalis because all these cheating and that would never happen but with no AI cars on the track. How hard can it be?

gaski said:
We're complaining because it shouldn't be allowed.  They need to look at their T&C's for future competitions or make sure they pick tracks that can't be glitched. 

I wouldn't mind but wall riding was rife on Shibuya in Grid 1 so you would expect the feedback they got on the forum at the time would be a key thing to check in upcoming games.  Again, I go back to the testing of the game as these things should be picked up during QA. 
OK. I understand. Would be great if they look into it for the next competitions. I have to work now. Hope they change something next time...

SVENOS said:
To clear it I tried it a few times without wallriding but I cant get into 6.48 myself. 
@robMUFC1987   i hope you understand that this means it was faster and not slower, as we was trying to tell you.

This should have been a great event for the game, but with very bad handling by Codemasters it has become a joke.

I never complained about how fast ps3 is or the drivers. All im complaining about is the wall riding so get your facts right next time rob. So stop twisting what im saying I can understand why people hate you 
Quote me where I said you did? I was just saying my OPINION. I've just tried wallriding in custom cup. It didn't make me an faster and damaged my steering on lap 2. As for turn 1, if hitting/riding the cars is ok, then wallriding is too. If you get it right, you can gain at least 2 seconds and be 1st by the end of the straight

SVENOS said:
To clear it I tried it a few times without wallriding but I cant get into 6.48 myself. 
@robMUFC1987   i hope you understand that this means it was faster and not slower, as we was trying to tell you.

This should have been a great event for the game, but with very bad handling by Codemasters it has become a joke.

Yeah I see that now, but the post I quoted he said it wasn't faster...

It probably damages eveyone steering, it did mine.  I was still 4 seconds faster than my gitch free time.  I can only guess your not timing it right.

gaski said:
It probably damages eveyone steering, it did mine.  I was still 4 seconds faster than my gitch free time.  I can only guess your not timing it right.
I guess I'm a bad cheater then. Got to give credit, cheating must take a skill I don't have :)

I'm fine as long as they don't use cheat. Wallriding & corner cutting is acceptable in the competition world.

I'm not anywhere near nor did I even tried hard on the challenge.

Sure it can feel unfair, but racing is to be able to see sometime outside the "understandable" rule to be at the top.

Instead of whining & hope for a change, just fight that time go & exploit that weakness so it make the competition fair without fussing on the forum for whatever. It's such a waste of time.

Everyone corner cut & wallride fair & everyone is happy. >_>

@MrDeap I agree, at least it's an exploit everyone can do and not a hack that few people can do. As for me, I'm happy with my new and improved time of 6:55. 7th on PS3, 2 seconds off 6th to 4th. I might try again at some point, but I don't think I'll get any higher on the leaderboard

jerryhat said:
Ban people for expressing their opinion that wall-riding is okay? Erm. Right.
Just ban everyone. That way, no opinions can be posted

They already do, I knew a few who have been banned for expressing their opinions.... sometimes home truths are hard to swallow. :( 

I think  some drivers are just frustrated that they cant beat svenos time...with or without wall riding ...if they were on first position everything ok lol

jerryhat said:
I forget the details but there was in incident in Formula One many years ago where a driver crashed their car on purpose around a final corner to get a faster qualifying time. Is that cheating? Seems on the same level as wall-riding.
I don't see it as cheating since it's part of the game and not something like a hack where the player has to do something to enable the advantage. Not that it matters to me, if I gained a second a lap I'd reach the heady heights of 7:17.
No, the incident was he crashed his car in the second to last corner to stop someone behind him from setting a fast lap.

Michael Schumacher on Monaco. Don't remember the year, but you can look it up and see.