Sign in to follow this  

All Wall riders should be banned and disqualified from the intel challenge if gained an advantage

I think this is a great idea and let the people decide if they should stay aswell as people that work for codemasters. Anyway it show how bad the wall riding is and how much damage it does to the car. Each lap you go around

Because I am getting annoyed amount of times people say they done their times legit when I know they clearly haven't and they even admitted themselves. Because I am too scared that codemasters might not take any action even though they might probably will do. But I need a 100% clarification that this will work. Because I dont want everyone including myself screwed over by cheaters and everybody will agree with that.  

Clean lap indicators is what's needed. Then if any contact is made with walls or go over white lines, and ur lap is dirty.  
I can't help but think the wall riders will be winning prizes.  CM couldn't get the competition correct in the 1st place. My confidence in them policing it properly,  is somewhat lacking.  

Please prove me wrong.  Also name n shame the wall riders. 

I'm with you fully there, but the only issue is a lot of people are saying otherwise, saying if there's a computer out there then do whatever you can to get it. We need answers CM

We don't allow naming and shaming on the forums so please don't do it or you may face a ban, as for the original question of posting up other peoples replays that's not something we'll be doing. 

If you wanted to take a look at the full T&C's they can be found here

We don't allow naming and shaming on the forums so please don't do it or you may face a ban, as for the original question of posting up other peoples replays that's not something we'll be doing. 

Answered like a true politician, can you or anyone tell us what we all would like to here?? 
will the cheat wall riding time count yes or no? its simple question 

I highly doubt that question will get the direct answer it deserves.
The TOCs are ambiguous regarding fairness.
Looks like its up to the tournament sponsor to DEEM whats valid or not....and who knows how they will view cutting and wallriding...They dont have a voice here as far as i know so do any of you out there have a good contact inside the intel corp?
If so,  do us a favour......8D

Answered like a true politician, can you or anyone tell us what we all would like to here?? 
As I've said before in other threads, if we feel somebody has been cheating, hacking, or modding the game in anyway that breaks the rules they will not be eligible to win. We're currently in the process of running another sweep of the leaderboards and a few people have been disqualified from the competition already. 

As I've said before in other threads, if we feel somebody has been cheating, hacking, or modding the game in anyway that breaks the rules they will not be eligible to win. We're currently in the process of running another sweep of the leaderboards and a few people have been disqualified from the competition already. 
Thanks for the quick reply, but we still haven't had the question answered what we all want to hear,
will wall riding be classed as cheating?? as i think most of the community would say it is.

@justbiglee‌ - they are the commercial T's & C's, what about the rules of the track?  What is the CM stance on allowing glitches like wall riding and corner cutting to gain an advantage?  Remember, there are considerable prizes at stake here, along with CM's credibility to host a co-sponsored competition that I believe, along with many others, should be within the rules of real racing.  Racing games are what CM is famous for and to allow glitched times to win prizes makes me question your appetite to promote a fair environment in upcoming events, let alone your appetite for a cheat free online experience. 

To be fair, given recent threads and observations, I'm beginning to question the whole CM ethic in terms of actually listening to the feedback and implemeting changes.  It seems you focus more on the threats to profit i.e. DLC threads getting quick replies.  I've posted countless threads on my keyboard disconnecting, the random movement of the menu select icon (which I'm sure relates to the keyboard disconnecting) , the 2 second freezes, the micro-stutters.  I could literally go on and on with bugs that if I suffered in other games, they would be binned. 

Yet still, I hold faith that one day you will eradicate them, you will improve the way menus work, you will allow us the option to quit out of the game at any stage, you will allow us to go back to paddock on Racenet challenges without quitting and rejoining it again, you will allow us to see which servers are up in the playlists, you will allow us to vote for car class as well as track and you will one day provide us with leaderboards for both online and TT laptimes.

I've held back on having a bit of a rant about this but its like you choose to read what you want in these forums and given that we can't get a straight answer on what is and isn't allowed in this competition, I'm beginning to question if you actually ever listen to any of the feedback we provide at all. 

Please just give us a straight answer. Running around a wall is not racing but if some are elegible to do it then the rest of us will have to Aswell just to put a competitive time in. 

Anyways, as much as I would like to hear of this I'm just gonna go with my gut instinct :) codemasters surely are fans of fast, clean legitimate racing and anybody that has used a wall to post their laptimes will be penalised as it's not in any way natural :)

I don't actually think they can say it directly for a couple of reasons -

1.  The uproar it would cause and the bad taste it would leave if they confirmed in writing, on these forums, that the use of glitches is allowed in a prize winning competition.
2.  They wouldn't risk a court challenge on something that's a glitch with the game i.e. prize winner will say that the T's & C's don't mention confines of the track etc, they only use the flaws in the game and as there is no mention in T&C's, CM don't have a leg to stand on and will have to award the prize.

So guys, I guess we should all run those glitches and see what we can do because you will not get an answer here, I can assure you.  The only time removed is the top Jarama time from last week so that tells me wall riding is a go.

If they can change the text on the Intel challenge page half way through the competition,  who knows what they can do. Be fair I don't think so. 

Being fair would have been to say, " sorry guys we made a mistake,  gave you race instead of time attacks. So we are going to restart the competition next week with the correct events. "  

Do you do that.......no.  You change the text.    You also seem incapable of answering the most simple question.  

Is wall riding cheating?

Hacking and modding does not fall under this category so it all depends on whether they think wall riding is cheating or not, and how do they judge what is fair wall rubbing and  what is unfair.

It's hard as wall riding would usually slow you down but this case is different, but If they do class wall riding as cheating then surly by their own rules every car that even touches a wall anywhere on any track should be subjected to this rule and disqualified, right? alot of people would say "if my time got disqualified then his/her time should be disqualified as they touched a wall in the 2nd corner and gained 0.001 sec".... -_-

If that rule comes true then that's highly unfair as its not very common that this issue would help the lap times in the first place and people will have times disallowed for touching a wall and setting a worse time because of it....

The term "cheating" is very opinionated and varies depending on how each person sees it and I'm guessing CM needs to be very very careful in what they do and the decision they make.
If they make a new rule then the rule should be airtight with no room for people to question it but this is very questionable rule proposition and I don't see it ending very well.

So yeah, You wont get a answer because they don't know the answer themselves yet.  :/ 

Warning guys, this is going to get messy :(

I'm gonna wait till the last day @gaski maybe something will come up before that
It won't do mate, I've worked in underwriting before and what is in those T&C's is the gospel.  Both Intel and CM would agree them and therefore they cannot change them now.  They would have to restart the competition and update the T&C's and that's not going to happen.  With omission of in-game glitching from the T&C's, they would have to honour the prize if someone legally challenged them.  It's a strong case too and CM would lose - also paying costs and not to metion the fallout from it all.  They've completely dropped the ball by picking a track that can be glitched.  Goes to show this testing policy they have isn't a medal winnder by any means. 

So anyway, it goes against my morals to post this but I rode the wall and cut the track to put in my first glitch time of 4:47:5.  Can't believe I'm forced to go against my gaming morals just to be in with a shout of a decent prize.  I could just boycott it but I'm not a pleb, there's still decent monetary value at stake :)

fitbrit said:
Wth is wall riding?
On some tracks you can use the wall to slide along and gain time.  Very noticable on Bathurst.

Just got in the 52s clean, still room for improvement yet. I will not lower my self to wall riding, its not racing, its cheating  in my book. 

Justbiglee im sorry I did not mean for this thread to cause problems but you can understand why I am concerned. Im trying to stick for every legit racer including myself

I find this a terrible shame.

On the one hand I respect people who have a strong feeling of justice and fairness, although it is worthwhile remembering this is subjective.

On the other I sympathise with people who take every step possible in order to gain an advantage. Because the world is a competitive place and if you don't do this someone else will. You only have to look at sport in general (and in fact recent motorsport events) to see that there are "rules" and there is "the spirit of the rules".

I think the bottom line is the tracks are too complex to test to absolute perfection. There are people out there who are always going to test the limits and try and find loopholes. And I think these people will always succeed, because its easier to find a loophole than it is to make a system (any system) 100% watertight.

I think the effect will just be to make the companies not want to hold competitions like this in the future. The community as a whole will be the only losers, which I find awfully sad. :(

Just got in the 52s clean, still room for improvement yet. I will not lower my self to wall riding, its not racing, its cheating  in my book. 
That's exactly how I feel about it mate and I know I'm going against everything I believe in with regards to fair play. However, that said, I'm not going to let slip a decent prize over poor competition rules and a buggy game.  I've tried to champion a revolution on it but those T&C's cannot be ignored and they will not change them. It's not like I'm banging my girlfriend's sister so this one I can morally cope with.

Currently in 2nd overall and with a chance of a T100 tablet notebook.  Better than a kick in the spuds if you ask me.