DiRT Rally 2.0 - New Player Guide Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Trial play society for media carried out in Japan

Amazing thanks for sharing! Finally we get to see some gameplay with the HUD. That's pretty important for me.

I hope that instead of just hotlap videos we get something similar to what GRID did, something like "Lewis Hamilton vs Suzuka". A short 3 lap race with the HUD, no fancy replay cameras, just a simple video so we can see the HUD, what the engineer says, how the engine sounds, handling etc. That would be much better than more hot laps in my opinion.

Not since Nickelback fans have I seen a person so happy with total mediocrity.

(Cheers for sharing though, as Matt said we need more of this rather than hot laps which tell us absolutely nothing)

so if an asian website can put screenshots up of f12014 why havent all the major uk and european websites done the same. looks quite good, still difficult to tell whether or not it looks as good as GAS. although only thing i noticed is the red bull looks terrible the nose doesnt dip down enough.

i agree with others. we learned more in them screenshots than all the hotlap videos

The Ferrari wheel doesn't even look like this in real life, WTF
Correct afrodude41 the actual Ferrari wheel has a smaller screen (smaller that the Merc powered cars for example) at the top of the wheel under the rev lights, and then a series of knobs underneath..... Even the Ferrari badge isn't there.... Now we know why no hot laps are being shown this year (and nothing else :neutral_face:  ) because people will complain (as they did when the announcement vid was shown on 31st July 14 and people questioned the accuracy of the wheels) This looks more like a Marussia wheel to me!! More laziness from CM.... What have you been doing for the last 11 months since 2013 was released??? Of course we won't get an answer to my question........... 

I don't get it, why is he playing F1 2013 when this topic is about new pics from F1 2014?

I don't get it, why is he playing F1 2013 when this topic is about new pics from F1 2014?
it is 2014 not 2013  that's what it looks like. The main reason probably you can't tell  is that there is no difference between the 2 :p . The only thing that I think gives it away is the LED screen on the wheel looks different than the digital layouts used in the earlier games

it is 2014 not 2013  that's what it looks like. The main reason probably you can't tell  is that there is no difference between the 2 :p . The only thing that I think gives it away is the LED screen on the wheel looks different than the digital layouts used in the earlier games
@sjsharp2010‌ I think mitch was just taking the p!$$ lol (but cant be entirely sure haha)

mmpaw37 said:

This has now put my concerns at rest, and unfortunately sealed my decision of my pre-order cancellation!

What annoys me most about this is...If you can have just a small group of people making 2014 season mods for sims such as rFactor and Assetto Corsa, It begs the question as to what on earth the Codemasters development team for 2014 have really been doing???

This clearly shows its virtually 2013, with just a few updates...and it disgusts me!. If they seriously think they will be able to sell this product with this lack of enthusiasm, then they are seriously deluded.

Please don't misunderstand me, I for one was hoping for something different this year I really was, but unfortunately as always, Codemasters have now become so predictable its disheartening...

So Codemasters, I can only say one thing that I am certain o9f...My money is safe with me this year...sorry...

Exactly mmpaw37 and with their 'new baby' coming out next year (F1 2015) they should be doing everything to promote 2014 to get as much interest as much as possible for the future games.... but we get, see and hear nothing...... even the Japanese see more than us and i don't suppose the F1 franchise is as big there in Japan as it is here in Europe and NA......... I just don't understand their logic :(

mmpaw37 said:

Exactly mmpaw37 and with their 'new baby' coming out next year (F1 2015) they should be doing everything to promote 2014 to get as much interest as much as possible for the future games.... but we get, see and hear nothing...... even the Japanese see more than us and i don't suppose the F1 franchise is as big there in Japan as it is here in Europe and NA......... I just don't understand their logic :(

Don't worry, It has been taken care of...

...I've let Mr.Hood and the rest of them know exactly how I feel...;-/

Good job!!! I hope the rocket was frikking big!!! Although i doubt they will reply to you :/

mmpaw37 said:
mmpaw37 said:

Don't worry, It has been taken care of...

...I've let Mr.Hood and the rest of them know exactly how I feel...;-/

Good job!!! I hope the rocket was frikking big!!!

...I wouldn't go that far, but thanks for the tip!

No, but on a serious note, It seems we've learned more from a few screenshots than we have from the devs speaking to us directly, and the fact that they don't respond only confirms that what we are seeing is the truth!.

Of course they're not going to come on here and admit or confirm anything that would be detrimental to the possible sales of this title...although with all honesty, our thoughts or opinions won't stop the apparent failure that this title will bring them...they've already made their bed, gonna have to lie in it!

...A shame but hey, they still have their health!

Exactly!!! They must be quite embarrassed by these shots being shown.... It looks like 2013!!! Couldn't they even change the font of the HUD?? Again i ask myself another question, If they have nothing new in the game year on year, what hope do they have in bringing new ideas for new gen?? The quote from Mr Hood was 'We are cooking up a storm' and yes you are Mr Hood, It's a storm of anger, frustration and ultimately loss of sales....You have been warned!!!

mmpaw37 said:

Codies are probably looking at these threads/posts and probably laughing at them...That's unfortunately what they most likely think of us!

At least they can look at the bright side of things...If these games are mostly directed at the younger generation, It could mean that F1 in general doesn't loose its appeal and longevity!

I've often thought that too mate!! Whenever you see a reply here in the forum (which isn't very often :( ) or on Twitter i have often felt they couldn't care less.... More the reason why they have not added the things people have wanted (formation lap, return of live the life, victory lap, poduim celebration and more) because yes, they find the threads here funny!! But hey maybe we should all boycott F1 2014 and then see who's laughing!!! :D :D

mmpaw37 said:

This has now put my concerns at rest, and unfortunately sealed my decision of my pre-order cancellation!

What annoys me most about this is...If you can have just a small group of people making 2014 season mods for sims such as rFactor and Assetto Corsa, It begs the question as to what on earth the Codemasters development team for 2014 have really been doing???

This clearly shows its virtually 2013, with just a few updates...and it disgusts me!. If they seriously think they will be able to sell this product with this lack of enthusiasm, then they are seriously deluded.

Please don't misunderstand me, I for one was hoping for something different this year I really was, but unfortunately as always, Codemasters have now become so predictable its disheartening...

So Codemasters, I can only say one thing that I am certain of...My money is safe with me this year...sorry...

Spot on mate. Modders out there are doing a better job and its purely out of the love of the sport or the respective game of choice. Codemasters show no passion at all with this licence, theyre happy to take advantage of its exclusivity knowing that F1 fans worldwide have no other option for an officially licenced product. 

Disgraceful

You can all take pleasure in the fact that 2015 will be much better because of this. 2014 is being released out of obligation rather than "hey we're going to put out a great game every year yo!". 2014 is going to be pants, but it means they're making more time for the current gen stuff, so yay. A bit of fresh air is exactly what this series needs, and the new engine Codies are making will give it that chance. It's down to them if they want to make the game that damn good.

If not, there's always Project CARS.

Just wondered if people could still post here, seeing as nobody is. Guess we can. Well done CM, you've actually ensured nobody cares.