Jump to content Jump to content

What they need to do to bring back TOCA V8Supercars Grid

I've being a long time fan of codemasters since I was a kid and what they have done lately was forge two different game for different developers into one bring back the old times with TOCA Grid make the career mode like IRL get a race career with a racing team they bay you money then you can make your own race team imploy people pit crew every one need to run a team sign contacts for money from sponsors for a time if they like how you perform they might offer a better contract or even give you a team paint job and you have to have money to pay every one in your career if you run out if money cut jobs or sell the team and have lots if of  different cars races tracks and with next gen they can do this they were going down the right path with race driver grid but they thru it away i love how they did that game the I finished it 50 times and played it instead of school work and bring back what the gave us a decade ago 

lets hope that the community can come together and bring back the old time
I find it hilarious that CM racing games got worse after they announced they were only concentrating on racing games. They got rid of LMA Manager, Americanised Dirt, and tried and failed to make a multi-disapline that has no progression to it and the Championships don't make sense. IE Start a season in BTCC, do a Mini race, end season in V8 supercars. WHAT THE...?
thats exactly what i been saying for years. instead of going forwards they are going back. its the only game company that i know of who cant seem to get it right lol. toca 1 and grid 1 still knocks the socks off these 2 other grids.. going americanised is what is destroying the game.
I want toca too, but only if its exactly what it used to be with a focus on v8 supercars and dtm with full tracks I dont want no current version of toca that will most certainly be watered down.

What we need is to go back to TOCA/GRID ROOTS with WORLD TOURING CARS disciplines all of them around the world! People there aren't only V8 aussie cars or DTM go also beyond this sometimes i say ALL TC motorsport!
Phil88TC said:
I want toca too, but only if its exactly what it used to be with a focus on v8 supercars and dtm with full tracks I dont want no current version of toca that will most certainly be watered down.

What we need is to go back to TOCA/GRID ROOTS with WORLD TOURING CARS disciplines all of them around the world! People there aren't only V8 aussie cars or DTM go also beyond this sometimes i say ALL TC motorsport!
The problem you have in the current climate is that licensing would likely may that impossible. That's why you tend to only see games that focus on one real world series and not multiple. Think about it, if you own a real world series would you want to share the limelight? 

We're aware that it's something some people want, we've explored the ideas but currently the opportunity hasn't made itself present. It's not as easy as "pick a series, make a game on it", there's so much more to take into account; licensing fees, tech limits (how many cars on track etc), potential market.

It's always something that's on our mind though and will be something we keep looking at.
Why not just dig up the old code from Toca 3 and have your techs upscale it to HD and sell it as a digital download only.  (Send it to Sony two months prior to releasing it to Steam or Microsoft so that way it will release simultaneously) Or how bout just turn the Grid 1 servers back on and charge everyone to use em again.  Two brilliant ideas that Im sure no one will consider.
Why not just dig up the old code from Toca 3 and have your techs upscale it to HD and sell it as a digital download only.  (Send it to Sony two months prior to releasing it to Steam or Microsoft so that way it will release simultaneously) Or how bout just turn the Grid 1 servers back on and charge everyone to use em again.  Two brilliant ideas that Im sure no one will consider.
That's a lot of old code, much of which may not even work with today's standards. Then there's the licensing side of it, it's complex at the best of times, but is doubly more so when they are historic, especially when you factor in some licenses may not exist any more or may be owned by different people etc. If one of the licencors says no for whatever reason that puts a huge dent in the plans.

As for the Race Driver GRID servers, it's not as simple 'flick a switch'. The game was designed and built around utilizing a 3rd party host for multiplayer (popular way of doing it back in the day). Unfortunately, that host got bought out and after a while the new owners said "sorry", we're turning off. It would require an almost full rebuild of the multiplayer infrastructure, sadly.
Thanks for the detailed reply @Loore.  I just long for the thrill of the old toca series.  I literally played toca 2 and 3 collectively for over 2 years.  I have never since, not once, had the same love with any game.  Just so much fun and there was so much Auzi love for the V8supercars and I was one of the best US racers and they welcomed me.  It was good stuff.  The best.