Sign in to follow this  

Racism and bullying

Is there any way to report racist comments in multiplayer? Yes you can mute but these people are offensive. The dad part  is most of the time they can't even get the country right.

Be good if you could but I feel the report system will get abused like the Kick Vote system. The amount of times I've seen people and myself getting kicked just for being faster and clean is disgusting. If they concentrate on racing instead of hitting each other, it would be harder to win. As for racists, just look at CoD or any other competitive game, its become the norm sadly

@batman1297‌  I thought when you view a profile there's a report player button along the bottom on PS3, I'd be very suprised if there wasn't a way to report people on any of the networks.

There's a certain British club that kick anyone who comes into the room who have a flag other than British. Disgraceful behaviour. People should be given a chance to race clean and then kicked if they don't.

doyley101 said:
Can't you report directly on PSN/XBOX live/Steam?
Yup this is the best thing to do, usually if you click on a players name in the lobby you'll have the option to view their profile, this will take you to their xbox/psn/steam overlay screen and you can report them from there.

@Rutter72‌  i was just online again and there is no button or place to click on when you view someones profile as far as i can tell on the ps3 but you can however take my suggestion and call the psn toll free number as long as you know their online ID and would help if you had some messages or something  they can verify.  But as far as i know that os the only option as far as i can see. Deliberately checked " view profile " and there was no report button.2‌
If you are ingame the report button doesnt show up. You only can report someone when you are not ingame...

There's a certain British club that kick anyone who comes into the room who have a flag other than British. Disgraceful behaviour. People should be given a chance to race clean and then kicked if they don't.
Not gonna happen if your flying a Brazilian flag - playing the theme tune to your house and your neighbours house over your Kinect. 

Not gonna happen if your flying a Brazilian flag - playing the theme tune to your house and your neighbour's house over your Kinect.

Having your Kinect on is another issue altogether. People deserve to be kicked for that. I believe in giving people a fair chance whatever their nationality. Unfortunately some people don't. I've encountered equal numbers of people with British flags who are idiots on GAS. I've also been kicked from rooms full of French people who explained it's because I'm a rosbif. Presumably in retaliation to this club's kicking of non-British. Fortunately after they've raced with me a few times and become impressed by my ability to apologise for crashing into them in French, this doesn't happen any more.

Brazilian flag = 99.99% gonna be a dirty racer.  In my experience.   Because of that, all brazil flags get my vote.   Given the benefit of the doubt, and come off worse toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo many times to a Brazil flag,    

So much so I dont wait to see if they are clean or not.  

hahaha it was taking too long for people to start badmouthing brazilians. same happened in the GRID 2 forums last year

oh wait... I recognize this name... RTAnoskills... the biggest racist anti-brazilian/french in the history of Codemaster games...

hahaha it was taking too long for people to start badmouthing brazilians. same happened in the GRID 2 forums last year

oh wait... I recognize this name... RTAnoskills... the biggest racist anti-brazilian/french in the history of Codemaster games...

@revesburger   have you ever played me???????   

Is there any need to incorrectly call me a "Racist"? 

I am the biggest "Anti-crap" racer.   

I dont care what the flag is,  If I know they are bad, they get my vote.  

Can I help it, that 99% of the time, it is a Brazilian or a French player that joins the lobby, has an orange marker, and T-bones the pack at the 1st turn.  

Im not racist, I just dont like racing against crap players.   

I also have a WHITE marker!  

I also kick UK and USA players who I know to be a problem.  

Im one player with one vote.  So whats your problem @revesburger?

One more point Id like to make - Its a game,  all I see of the other player is their gamertag, and the flag they choose to display.   

At no point, am I aware of the coloUr of their skin,  nor do I care.    So how can I be a  racist if I cant see the colour of a players skin??   Do you understand what "Racism" is?  

Or are you just spouting out slanderous comments. 

You are OUT OF LINE!

we had this very same argue about a year ago in the GRID 2 forum and, if I remember well, @Loore ended up closing the thread.

no, I never raced you as you are on Xbox and I'm on Playstation.

we had this very same argue about a year ago in the GRID 2 forum and, if I remember well, @Loore ended up closing the thread.

no, I never raced you as you are on Xbox and I'm on Playstation.
Yet you throw around slanderous accusations.   

Unacceptable behaviour.  

Fortunately after they've raced with me a few times and become impressed by my ability to apologise for crashing into them in French, this doesn't happen any more.

No offence but If you crashed into the clean French guys and didnt apologise, thats why you got kicked.  The fact that you have now learnt to say sorry in French for any accidents, and they dont kick you after recieving your apology ,  just goes to show how apologising can prevent retailation and kick votes.  

Same goes for people who speak the same language,  only some people choose not to apologise,   either because they dont care, or are just that careless and slapdash they dont even know.  That annoys me,  I will retaliate if I dont get an apology, then I will vote to kick.  

If only people would just realise that the other cars on the track, are being driven by real people, and they may get annoyed if they are treated in an unfair manner. 

Treat others how you expect to be treated. 

I make mistakes - I apologise for them.   If I don't apologise, then I'd expect the person to retaliate.  
Chances are if I don't apologise, I did it deliberately.

No offence but If you crashed into the clean French guys and didnt apologise, thats why you got kicked.  The fact that you have now learnt to say sorry in French for any accidents, and they dont kick you after recieving your apology ,  just goes to show how apologising can prevent retailation and kick votes. 

No, I got kicked before I'd raced. Just like you do with Brazilians and French. Had some good races with them since. I think xenophobic rather than racist would be the best way to describe your and the team I mentioned's  behaviour.

Im not xenophobic lmao.   I just dont like crappy players. 

I just kick vote dirty racers....it isn't my fault that most of them display the French or Brazil flags. 
If the cap fits.......

I think xenophobic rather than racist would be the best way to describe your and the team I mentioned's  behaviour.

I think it's more to do with being fed up of having races wrecked by certain people who can't be bothered to drive properly.

its players that display this kind of attitube get kick voted: 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SPiu3df3wPI

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________
When you can race me as closely and as cleanly as I do with the guy in 1st,  then there is no need for a kick vote.  But not many can do this. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n9K6biqrEsA

The racism issues aside I think it's one thing to kick vote a player for intentionally acting like a dick and crashing into people and another to kick vote for someone who is just not quite as good as you on the brakes and puts in the occasional crash. The latter is pretty poor and intolerant behaviour (by the kick voter). If you want that kind of game stay in the custom cups where you can play to your own rules rather than imposing them on an open room.