Sign in to follow this  

This place is like a morgue!!!

I get frustrated by this just as much as anyone else, but I have a feeling that the development team is just way too small, so they can only put out what they can.  They probably pay for the license, and then Codemasters tries to maximize profit, so they only hire a small team to keep the personnel cost down.  They get out what the can, collect the money and then move on.  Hence they have to make the tough decisions.

So we can get on the guys here in the forum like the moderators and the project managers, but I feel like they know the fall backs, its up to the BIG GUYS at the top of the food chain, higher than Steve Hood or whatever.  

So come on guys, make an investment in this Franchise, if you make it really good and market the damn properly I guarantee you will see much more.  This would be like actually releasing a retail disk in North America, seeing it playable in Walmart of the local Gamestop,  having commercials for the game on during the Grand Prix.  I know we don't see them here in the states, maybe its different in the UK or Europe.

NickDahy said:
I get frustrated by this just as much as anyone else, but I have a feeling that the development team is just way too small, so they can only put out what they can.  They probably pay for the license, and then Codemasters tries to maximize profit, so they only hire a small team to keep the personnel cost down.  They get out what the can, collect the money and then move on.  Hence they have to make the tough decisions.

So we can get on the guys here in the forum like the moderators and the project managers, but I feel like they know the fall backs, its up to the BIG GUYS at the top of the food chain, higher than Steve Hood or whatever.  

So come on guys, make an investment in this Franchise, if you make it really good and market the damn properly I guarantee you will see much more.  This would be like actually releasing a retail disk in North America, seeing it playable in Walmart of the local Gamestop,  having commercials for the game on during the Grand Prix.  I know we don't see them here in the states, maybe its different in the UK or Europe.

Sorry but I dont personally buy that. As others have mentioned, people out there in the modding community put much more effort into their mods, which is done in their personal time away from working life. People arent paying them, they do it out of love for Formula 1 and whichever game(s) they create the mods for.

Codemasters have the money, resources, experience and know-how. They just choose not to use them because they know with an exclusive licence of the most popular series casuals wont care or notice, and hardcore f1 fans will buy the games regardless since theres no other officially licenced games on the market.

It has nothing to do with lack of resources and everything to do with coorporate greed at its ugliest

I'd be alright if CM did completely skip over 2014. 2015 is being released early next year which isn't that far away and we've already had limited information released for 2014 although it's being released less than two months. It's obvious all of the focus is going towards 2015 anyways with it being next gen only and will receive updates throughout the year. With 2013 being out of date now I think 2014 is a good filler or nice little update until the real deal that is 2015 arrives.

I personally buy the four game version of codemasters to support and above all passion but I never buy version 2014.

Why this decision and good for the simple reason that codemasters does not listen to demands of gamers and this is a fact about the excuses that they can not make changes and improvements as the FOM do not want it, well it s' just about their unwillingness to share and no technical problems.

I myself am responsible for the service quality of a company that manages several million customers and purpose and keep them and not give them excuses to change its company.

For this reason I do not understand the strategy codemasters of responding to their customers with an apology that has nothing to do their clients, but their incompetence simply negotiate with the FOM.

I am very disappointed that their communication is rejected their incompetence on the FOM and the contracts they negotiate themselves.

Best regards,

Falcon444.

This place is a morgue because of P Cars. The videos I've seen are absolutely dreamy.
Plus they have listened in-depth to the community wants and needs and have prided themselves in doing so.

mmpaw37 said:

...I wonder what FOM and Bernie thinks of the sales reductions...?

By the way, Does anyone know how many titles Codemasters are contracted to do and when it runs out...?

Nothing exact here in the article below, but it seems to be a long tern deal they have..... All the more reason to show little interest in their customers as they have the monopoly!! Also read the comments at the bottom of the article... nothing has changed in more than 2 years it seems!!!

http://www.virtualr.net/formula-one-codemasters-extend-licensing-agreement