F1 2021 | Arrives July 16 | First Look Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

Justbiglee can you please clarify if wall riding aloud or not in the intel challenge?

If you have to ask because you are unsure, don't do it, I really can't see when Intel or CM review the fastest laps that they will be allowing off track moments as valid lap times, do the best lap you can on the track, I followed a ghost on my friends list (no names) and the lap was ridiculous, more off track cutting than on the track and he was 2 seconds faster than me, would I lower myself to it, No!

Do it right or don't bother, really pisses me off people try to glitch to be the fastest, it proves nothing and my conscience would not be clear.

It wouldn't surprise me if the prizes go to some people a lot further down the list from No1.

Ask yourself would it be allowed in Motorsport? No, I know this is a game but it is based around the spirit of real Motorsport so stay within the rules.

You won't get an answer from CM and rightly so, I would say that a few people are going to be dropped a big bombshell that think they are winning.

Oh and by the way it is 'Allowed' not 'Aloud'.

Well ask yourself that question if you were the one reviewing the lap times on behalf of CM and Intel, would you allow them?

I might be wrong on this, but I am pretty sure I saw justbiglee say that wall riding is allowed, but he is pretty sure that doing that will result in a slower time. But I may be wrong, so don't go with that completely.

He also said that they'll check the data for all the top lap times to make sure no one cheated, so it will be fair.

Guys, they cannot penalise for wall riding, its not in the T&C's of the competition.  As sad as it is, thats the way it is. 

Nobody from CM/Intel are going to go through all the ghost laps to check for wall riding.  It's too labour intensive for someone to sit there and go through 7 mins of footage per racer in the top 10.  They just can't govern the wall riding and glitching and that's why this competition has become a farce.  For proper game cheats, I expect they will have a programme that will highlight data inconsistencies and that's how they find the speed hacks/grip hack etc.  They can't track wall riding without obersing the demos, so I'm afraid, nothing will be done.

gaski said:
Guys, they cannot penalise for wall riding, its not in the T&C's of the competition.  As sad as it is, thats the way it is. 

Nobody from CM/Intel are going to go through all the ghost laps to check for wall riding.  It's too labour intensive for someone to sit there and go through 7 mins of footage per racer in the top 10.  They just can't govern the wall riding and glitching and that's why this competition has become a farce.  For proper game cheats, I expect they will have a programme that will highlight data inconsistencies and that's how they find the speed hacks/grip hack etc.  They can't track wall riding without obersing the demos, so I'm afraid, nothing will be done.
Thing is, how far do you go with applying rules ? For example if you ban one thing, don't you end up banning another, like corner cutting for example ? And then it just snowballs from one thing to another. Which corners are you allowed to cut, and by how much ? It could go on forever.

To me what's important is that the conditions are the same for everyone. Some people might exploit tactics outside the spirit of the rules, but the bottom line is that if everyone does this then surely what remains to divide people is skill.

I have some sympathy for people who want clarity on the situation. I also have some sympathy for CM who have been generous in having the competition in the first place. After all, they don't have to hold these things.

gaski said:

That would literally take four hours to do for all three platforms, and that's of they review the whole race. All they need to see is one instance of gaining an advantage, and the rest doesn't matter. Besides, how else are they going to determine who is cheating in general? You can't do that simply by looking at the times. 

They did answer, justbiglee posted the T&C's.  The whole competition is governed by what is in there.  They do not mention wall riding, probably because it is impossible to police.  Anyhow, fact remains, they won't say yes because they don't want to advertise the fact that they will allow glitching.  They won't say no because it is not in the T&C's, therefore, they cannot change it.

What they should of done is tested the track and see if there was anyway to exploit it but I guess that's leesons learnt on their part. 

As you mentioned the other day @dirt3joe‌ - the only people to suffer now is likely to be us, as future competitions will probably scrapped altogether.

TUSMBOX said:
That would literally take four hours to do for all three platforms, and that's of they review the whole race. All they need to see is one instance of gaining an advantage, and the rest doesn't matter. Besides, how else are they going to determine who is cheating in general? You can't do that simply by looking at the times. 
But where does that stop?  What if someone touches a wall and slides along it, but aren't intentionally wall riding?  They may raise an issue with CM/Intel if they are in contention for a prize and their times disallowed, as will many others.  It just can't be policed properly, it's not in the current T&C's and that's why they cannot retrospectively say it is not allowed.

In the T&C's

ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THIS TOURNAMENT OR THE FINALS IS A VIOLATION OF THE OFFICIAL TOURNAMENT RULES

and

IF, FOR ANY REASON, THE TOURNAMENT IS AFFECTED BY ANY COMPUTER VIRUS, WORM, BUG, TAMPERING, HACKING, UNAUTHORIZED INTERVENTION, FRAUD, TECHNICAL FAILURE OR OTHER CAUSE WHICH, IN THE SOLE OPINION OF SPONSOR, CORRUPTS OR OTHERWISE AFFECTS THE ADMINISTRATION, SECURITY, FAIRNESS, INTEGRITY OR PROPER CONDUCT OF THIS TOURNAMENT, SPONSOR MAY, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION, CANCEL, TERMINATE, MODIFY, OR SUSPEND THE TOURNAMENT OR FINALS, AND DETERMINE WINNERS FROM GAME PLAY ALREADY RECEIVED OR AS OTHERWISE DEEMED FAIR AND EQUITABLE BY SPONSOR. AUTOMATIC GAME PLAY IS PROHIBITED, AND ANY USE OF AUTOMATED DEVICES WILL CAUSE DISQUALIFICATION.

Read that as you will but those words cover a multitude of things!

I think CodeMasters has already demonstrated with Grid AutoSport that they can do less than the bare minimum without any concerns about their reputation or the consequences to customers... They released the game loaded full of major defects. They released multiple paid DLC add-ons before fixing defects (on consoles). DLC cars can't be used in the single-player career & can't be custom painted in multiplayer. They began the Intel Challenge before fixing the corrupt save issue on consoles, which significantly hindered many potential entrants. They initially labeled this Intel Challenge as a "Time Trial" when it's really a Race. The list goes on... So I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if anything goes & the biggest exploiters win. I wish I had cause to be more optimistic, but at this point, CodeMasters' actions haven't inspired me to expect much from them.

In the T&C's...
...IN THE SOLE OPINION OF SPONSOR...
...SPONSOR MAY, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION...
...DEEMED FAIR AND EQUITABLE BY SPONSOR...

The contest's Terms & Conditions seem to leave the door wide open for the sponsor to make whatever decision they want, regardless of how "fair" anyone thinks it may or may not be.

I doubt there will be any "official answer" regarding what is & is not acceptable until after the results have been finalized & prizes awarded.

It's just a promotional event, so I doubt fairness is high on their list of priorities, as long as it serves their marketing purposes.

I agree Operator, the way I look at it is if you have to ask the question you obviously have morals and believe wall running is unfair, so don't do it and your clean.

Same way as when the rioting was going on and shops were getting looted, do you think to yourself  'Ah well everyone else is doing it I might as well?'.... no,  you don't, you know it's wrong because your morals tell you it is.

I also wonder how wall-riders would react if they were disqualified when wall-riding was never explicitly prohibited. They have what many could interpret as a legitimate claim that if the game itself allows such tactics without any tampering, then it should be acceptable for entry into the contest. How can anyone be disqualified for breaking any rules if those rules were never stated?

We will never i get a answer leeds, i have sent pm's with no reply days ago, i think @gaski is right in what he's saying.

Operator1 said:

I also wonder how wall-riders would react if they were disqualified when wall-riding was never explicitly prohibited. They have what many could interpret as a legitimate claim that if the game itself allows such tactics without any tampering, then it should be acceptable for entry into the contest. How can anyone be disqualified for breaking any rules if those rules were never stated?

Again I agree Operator, but I am sure a desk set of rules is in place for the challenge, the T&C really give them the right to do whatever they see fit, and to be honest if I was looking at some ghost times I have on my list I would be bending those T&C's to the max.

My advice is forget about it and post the fastest f.....g lap you can and be done with it, if you want to wall run or not just do your best. if you get disq for doing something you shouldn't then you will learn a lesson.

Race on.

I will use common sense for most you.

If you pay a person to watch the top 10 on 3 platform which make 30 replays. If the race long about 7min of each multiply by 30 which make a total of 210min. If the person is paid 30$ in UK money a hour to watch carefully each replay which should take a good 8 hours to do. So counting the loading & switching replay along with the kit-kat tablet bar along with the coffee from starbuck with the awesome lunch from tim-Horton and the supper from a secret restaurant in England.

kk, since everybody from the top 40 from each 3 platform used the wall another person need to be hired to watch the replay, Since the other person is a supervisor he probably get paid 100$ since it's an Intel employe. Because of that event, he need to be in hurry that person needed to use his Porsches & a lady crashed him, thus postpone for a paid day off due to the accident. Since there are other issue the other employe who review each replay might have party the day before since it's work day.....

I think it is preferable for most to simply use the wall & exploit the weak point with the game physic.