Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

RaceNet down?

nbates66 said:
DrAbeRod said:
BadD0g said:
It'd be nice if we could cancel the "Uploading Results" screen, or have an option to turn it off for career mode. I hate how it tries to connect and makes me wait for about 30 seconds after EVERY stage if there's a connection problem.
you can just press A to cancel until it's fixed
can't do this between career stages, you're forced to wait.
False. I've been doing it since yesterday.

I mean, this is ridiculous. How disrespectful to the player base. Can't even be bothered to make a generic "server maintenance" statement to calm people down. This is my first Codemasters game since Dirt 3, and I have to say that this issue is the cherry on top of the poop sundae...

DrAbeRod said:
nbates66 said:
DrAbeRod said:
BadD0g said:
It'd be nice if we could cancel the "Uploading Results" screen, or have an option to turn it off for career mode. I hate how it tries to connect and makes me wait for about 30 seconds after EVERY stage if there's a connection problem.
you can just press A to cancel until it's fixed
can't do this between career stages, you're forced to wait.
False. I've been doing it since yesterday.
huh... must be me then...

Rustafur said:
Racenet's been down for me for about 4 days now.  No luck getting signed in still.
It's been working for me for a couple of days, along with many others... until now, that is.

It appears to have gone down on me again. And i had time glitch during R2 weekly

Both sites DR and D4 throwing 500 errors. Down again.

It went down for me in the last hour or so, uploaded the first 4 stages of an event but couldn't upload the 5th. Down since.

Tried to open dirt4game.com and get this browser error (Win 10 IE 11 ):

The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit.

Error Code: DLG_FLAGS_SEC_CERT_CN_INVALID

I can verify the certificate error. The certificate is for codemasters.com and not dirt4game.com and thus the browser treats it as invalid.
A workaround is to add an exception in your browser for the certificate.

Hmmm...West Coast USA here. Just got the "RaceNet down" message for the first time.

I hope it saved my event.

That's 8:00pm Pacific Summer Time. 4am in England.

I just ran my DiRT Rally league and it was taking forever to update the results. Now in D4 no Racenet at all. This is all so unprofessonal. I'm a web developer and it's not difficult to keep servers in order. If my clients' servers had any downtime at all I would be canned, but I've been hosting sites for years with just a couple hiccups and when there were issues, I had them solved in minutes. When you're in this business you are on call 24/7. Codies apparentley has a non-existent IT team. Extremely frustrating, especially after getting burned for a $60 half-finished bug-ridden title like DiRT 4.

Narzugon said:

The hostname in the website’s security certificate differs from the website you are trying to visit.

Why would you do it to yourself and use such outdated web browser?

versedi said:
Narzugon said:

Why would you do it to yourself and use such outdated web browser?
I'm not sure I understand what you're asking. I have the "Dirt4Hub" bookmarked. When I click on it IE gives that error. Win 10 IE 11 is the latest unless you count Microsoft Edge. I'm personally not a fan of Internet Exploder or Edge but this is a new Win install and I haven't taken the time to install anything else.