Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Frustrated setting time trial ...boo hoo :-(

I am trying to set the fastest lap since launch last year. After 1 year still i am in the 20000 rank. I am taking the racing line, cornering speed but still i am not able to reach the top.
Help!!   :'(

Is using Dualshock controller is the main reason i am not setting fastlaps? Do i need to buy steering wheel for racing games

Braking Assits: Off
Anti-Lock Brakes: ON
Traction Control: FULL
Dyamic Racing Line: Off
Gearbox: Automatic.

Please see the video and share your opinion.
https://youtu.be/mV_U1shlDbw

Thanks.

First at all: why the f*** are you using automatic gearbox when you manually change your gears?! And then you are shifting gears A WAY TOO EARLY so there is no power. Second try to use TC medium (TC off would be too difficult for you I think because you are playing with a pad and TC medium is faster (unfortunately)). Don't know if ABS on off makes you faster. And at the end try to set a lap without leaving the track! Try this and you will get faster after laps.

EDIT: And again why the f*** are you using this bad setup with 4 - 4 wing in Hungary? It is a track where you need much of downforce so try higher wings with 9-8/10-9/11-10 or something like this!

Great suggestion pal.. i will definitely try this and get back again.

Do you use controller or wheel?

I heard wheel is much better in racing games.

I'm using wheel. I think it depends on your personal preference. With a wheel you have more "control" over different things I think.

Use medium traction and manual gearbox

Watch videos to learn how to shift effectively

Use t-cam

what is up with you're dramatic short shifting?  let the LED on the steering wheel go to blue before shifting, and turn off automatic gears.

Thanks for your nice tips. I will comeback to with my progress.

Everybody using Mercedes for racing? i see the top hundred uses only Mercedes

It may not be an issue of what equipment you use too, remember it may be talent levels, some of the best use F1 2016 too. If you get to #1 you are an alien, even the top 1000 is an ask

Vack said:
Everybody using Mercedes for racing? i see the top hundred uses only Mercedes

It's the fastest car both irl and in game... you're new to F1?

Your gear shifting insults you and your ancestors.
And your post is an insult to the guy when all he's asking for is help. It's the equivalent of going, "Haha you're crap, you don't know when to shift", without bothering to give any info on why it's such an "insult". But then you're forever weighing into threads with a comment you think is smart which adds no value to anything.

Shame there's not any moderation on this forum.

As to his insulting gear shifting: he shifts gears only fractionally before I do, the only difference is I run with TC off so I get the benefit whereas he doesn't. So does my shifting insult my ancestors too, oh superior one?

For the OP:

With your shifting style you might want to try running both TC and ABS off. With a bit of practice and patience while you spin off the track a few hundred times you'll find you're drastically quicker through turns like turn 1 if you concentrate on getting a clean exit, letting the car straighten naturally to get heavier on the throttle quicker.

Nice to see you're using cockpit view. Ignore all the t-cam junkies, they all drive staring at the racing line and braking/accelerating purely based on its colour before congratulating themselves on how quick they are.

Stick to cockpit mode as it gives you the closest view of your braking zones, get your visual indicators on the track nailed down for each braking zone and put in the practice so you can hit each one of these every time. You'll get a better feel for the grip and over time you'll subconsciously adapt to changes in the grip far better than you will if you're driving in t-cam with a completely unrealistic view that's just another form of assist. Over time you'll simply be a better driver if you play the game properly rather than hovering somewhere above the car.

As to wheels versus pads: wheels have an inherent built-in advantage over pads because they let you drive smoother easier so give an advantage in weight transference as you go around the track. They also have an artificial advantage built-in over pads where for some unfathomable reason known only to the "experts" at Codemasters you can achieve full steering lock at a higher speed with a wheel than with a pad, this is readily apparent when it comes to turns like the hairpin at Monaco. You will never be as quick with a pad as you could potentially be with a wheel but it's a matter of personal preference how big a deal that is for you.

As others have said, go to manual gears since you already know the track. Keep the racing line turned off, it doesn't even give the optimal line a lot of the time. Just practice and really know each turn/ series of turns and the true racing line will become apparent (most of the time through mistakes where you go into a turn too deep or positioned slightly different to what you were aiming for and find that your delta is actually up). It's all practice and not being frustrated. Forget about the times; stop pushing to go as fast as humanly possible and you'll find you'll go faster...

Hope this helps!

I have another suggestion: do whatever you want, play the game as you like to, enjoy yourself, go wheel to wheel with your favourite driver irl, don't bother with all the people saying "OMG u noob" and have a good time playing! The top of the leaderboard is one player only  ;)

Sev77 said:
For the OP:

With your shifting style you might want to try running both TC and ABS off. With a bit of practice and patience while you spin off the track a few hundred times you'll find you're drastically quicker through turns like turn 1 if you concentrate on getting a clean exit, letting the car straighten naturally to get heavier on the throttle quicker.

Nice to see you're using cockpit view. Ignore all the t-cam junkies, they all drive staring at the racing line and braking/accelerating purely based on its colour before congratulating themselves on how quick they are.

Stick to cockpit mode as it gives you the closest view of your braking zones, get your visual indicators on the track nailed down for each braking zone and put in the practice so you can hit each one of these every time. You'll get a better feel for the grip and over time you'll subconsciously adapt to changes in the grip far better than you will if you're driving in t-cam with a completely unrealistic view that's just another form of assist. Over time you'll simply be a better driver if you play the game properly rather than hovering somewhere above the car.

As to wheels versus pads: wheels have an inherent built-in advantage over pads because they let you drive smoother easier so give an advantage in weight transference as you go around the track. They also have an artificial advantage built-in over pads where for some unfathomable reason known only to the "experts" at Codemasters you can achieve full steering lock at a higher speed with a wheel than with a pad, this is readily apparent when it comes to turns like the hairpin at Monaco. You will never be as quick with a pad as you could potentially be with a wheel but it's a matter of personal preference how big a deal that is for you.

As others have said, go to manual gears since you already know the track. Keep the racing line turned off, it doesn't even give the optimal line a lot of the time. Just practice and really know each turn/ series of turns and the true racing line will become apparent (most of the time through mistakes where you go into a turn too deep or positioned slightly different to what you were aiming for and find that your delta is actually up). It's all practice and not being frustrated. Forget about the times; stop pushing to go as fast as humanly possible and you'll find you'll go faster...

Hope this helps!
@Sev77 - lots of good advice in this - thanks

@Sev77 You are awesome. Thanks for your great advice. 

Do no worry about Trolls they simple do know about the incredible world of racing.

Please do follow up my channel. I will post my progress shortly.

Sev77 said:

For the OP:

Ignore all the t-cam junkies, they all drive staring at the racing line and braking/accelerating purely based on its colour before congratulating themselves on how quick they are.

Salty.

This is not helping those who do not have all the gadgets and prefer racing with automatic gearbox.

When the game came out there was nothing wrong with the automatic gearbox. Now, following a couple of patches, it shifts at around 8000 or 9000 rpm, which makes it impossible to play.

Codemasters fix?