F1 2021 | BETA | Details and how to Apply Here Read more... ×
Sign in to follow this  

@ Hatta - CM to petition Sony/Logitech re-wheel compatibility?

How's about it? A lot here would sign and I have about 4 leagues full of DFGT/G25/G27 owners who would sign. What Sony/Logitech have done here is an utter disgrace and will cost you a ton of sales for F1 2015 and it could kill our leagues stone dead. I know several people, including myself, that won't be moving to next gen until this debacle is sorted. 

There are sites we can go to, but surely a games manufacturer would have more clout?

I signed the petition as well as contacting both Sony and Logitech but I agree that a company like CM would have considerably more clout in this matter... You also would think that they would "be on top of this!" since it's their sales that might suffer... I'm really starting to think that CM don't give a damn about us! 

Logitech is not supporting their products making them useless on the new hardware (PS4 for me) so we either have to buy new wheels or use a pad for any game on the PS4... I contacted both Sony and Logitech and both say that they can't comment...typical! Well for me I will never buy anything from Logitech ever again... Don't think that they particularly care either way though... Care to comment CM...most likely NOT!

I think all us wheel owners are just going to have to pay for new wheels if we want to play next gen racing games. Thrustmaster still work I belive but they have released a few next gen wheels also, madcats have a new wheel and fanatec are bringing out a new wheel :) I honestly think the wheels we currently own will never work on ps4/one as why would they all be bringing out new ones if there was a chance they were going to allow backward comp. I see nothing wrong with my current csr elite n formula rim (£700 worth) but as soon as fanatec released info on new wheel I knew the chances of my wheel working on my ps4 were gone and I will be ordering a new base and few rims at the cost of about £1000 just to play next gen titles, It would be cheaper to get a pc but then is paying for a new wheel going to please me more? hell yes :) Its been nearly a year now since release and I belive 3-5 wheels are going to be available by christmas so I cant see what cm would do to help really? This is all just my opinion and not saying to buy new wheels/pc by the way :)

Logitech are not at liberty to add support for old wheels. They may well be working on a new wheel for current gen consoles for all you know. Ps4 controllers have a touch pad and light bar for instance so they could be incorporated in a new designed ps4 compatible wheel.

This is down to SONY and Logitech to discuss. As far as I'm aware, SONY only support external accessories that have a specific security feature. Logitech do not have this feature built into the G27. https://twitter.com/LogitechG/statuses/496042493155094528 

Fine Hatta, but it will cost Sony and yourselves sales, simple as that. I'm not asking CM to resolve this, just to let Sony know how stupid they are being.

I do agree with you Bobby. I for one will never by any type of racing game that has no support for my wheel so yes, it is bound to affect potential sales from likewise users. CM could add some weight in regarding this matter.

it is not Sonys fault!! it is only Logitech to blame ;) they gave up the console support for around a year ago or something like that ;) so no blame on sony guys

My best mate has made the switch to PC gaming, and he says it's just so good. He did have a PS3, can't wait to have a go on his PC.