Sign in to follow this  

2014 GRAN PREIMO D'SHUTUP (AKA THE THREAD WHERE THE CM FORUMS DIED)

Predictions for the weekend
- Someone will go off at Parabolica and will return to the track with no issues, meaning I will be upset
- A Mercedes powered car will be on pole
- Bottas podium
- Arguments about how bad Vettel is, and Rosberg v Hamilton, involving the usual suspects  
You forgot Daniel silent assassin Ricciardo he is always out of sight out of mind but when the Mercs mess up a tiny bit he has already got past and taken the chequered ;)
He's Australian, so does that mean he would have 'stolen' the win? ;)
That's supposed to mean?
You know, you know ;)
You wanna watch out making accusations like that, I got an infraction for this on vBulletin ;)

Seriously though I did.

fIsince08 said:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/29032986

THE NOISE!!!
Best looking and sounding F1 cars of all time were very late 90s/early 00s in my opinion. Brilliant cars.

I love Monza. I love the history, I love the speed and I love the look of the completely trimmed cars for this one race of the year. 

However, because I support Red Bull, I'm braced for a disappointing weekend. 

Mexicola said:
With a distinct lack of André Lotterer and gravel at the Parabolica, one has little to look forward to this weekend.

Except of course, Lewis and Rosberg and their respective fans chucking bananas at each other as they have done every weekend since Monaco.

Discuss.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ehQ8DVysLMQ

I've watched some videos from 2000-2005 and they're definitely my favourite engine noises from F1. I love the high screams of them.

I know I'm a Lewis Hamilton fan but he deserves things to go his way this weekend after everything that's happened the last few races. I hope Rosberg retires and Lewis can take a win to get the title challenge back on track

Nah, I stick by my earlier statement of wishing both of them to crash each other out of the championship and let Daniel Ricciardo pick up the pieces.

Mexicola said:
Nah, I stick by my earlier statement of wishing both of them to crash each other out of the championship and let Daniel Ricciardo pick up the pieces.
For me, this would be a much better scenario too. At least better than Tossberg winning the WDC.

Kimi is going to surge late season and snatch it, mark my words.
Even as a Kimi fan and an optimist, that seems just a little far fetched.

On a serious note, a podium is on, possibly this weekend if Ferrari have a good low drag package.

On a serious note, a podium is on, possibly this weekend if Ferrari have a good low drag package.
Disagree. Anything with a Mercedes engine in it has the top 6 covered.

So no Red Bull's or Ferrari's in the top 6 this weekend? Bold prediction. 

Although I do agree that I think a Ferrari podium is highly unlikely. 

VetteIfan said:

So no Red Bull's or Ferrari's in the top 6 this weekend? Bold prediction. 

Although I do agree that I think a Ferrari podium is highly unlikely. 
Yep going for it. :smiley:

Mercedes should cover the first 2 spots. Bottas probably third and then you have Massa, the 2 Mclarens and the 2 Force Indias to grab the other 3 spots which I think is potentially possible. It relies on Red Bull making a mistake though.

Usually teams run the same packages at Spa and Monza (although configured differently), and I don't think McLaren and Force India have massive gaps on RBR and Ferrari, I think the Ferrari has picked up, hence my reasoning, but yeah, I'm an optimistic fan. :D

Usually teams run the same packages at Spa and Monza (although configured differently), and I don't think McLaren and Force India have massive gaps on RBR and Ferrari, I think the Ferrari has picked up, hence my reasoning, but yeah, I'm an optimistic fan. :D
Did you see the Ferrari last time out? Heading towards Eau Rouge it was like a tractor.. 

Did you see the Ferrari last time out? Heading towards Eau Rouge it was like a tractor.. 
Only at the bus stop chicane :D