Jump to content Jump to content

2014 GRAN PREIMO D'SHUTUP (AKA THE THREAD WHERE THE CM FORUMS DIED)

Had to record and watch the race this evening as I was working, despite efforts off my sister to stop me. Can they not let me watch a 1:15 race?

360Kmh converts to 225mph. Not tecord setting, but very, very fast. I can tell you that 65mph in a Fiat Panda is blummin' scary!

Also, MASSSAAAAAAA!!!!! Finally. 
Even as a Hamilton fan, i really didnt enjoy seeing Rosberg get booed like that again, i think its pretty disrespectful.

I agree although it was nice to see Rosberg tripping up and getting the bad luck for once if only for the good of the championship.
Well, was that really bad luck? He ruined his race on his own. Bad luck was Lewis having problems with his engine-map at the start.
Yeah it could be I've done that a few times myself there on the F1 games
2nd race in a row where Magnussen got screwed out of points over some bullshit penalty. Can't do anything in F1 nowadays, everything has to happen as monotone as possible to these people.

Also very disappointed with Hulkenberg this weekend. Did nothing right. Absolutely nothing.
Jiggy said:
Judging by how this forum reacts on Vettel, I'm willing to bet my life the exact opposite was the case.

Also, Ferrari and Sauber were criticized for the same thing back in the day.
We weren't happy, but honestly it was expected. What really annoyed me though was Schumi letting him pass and practically giving him a wave. 
Jiggy said:
2nd race in a row where Magnussen got screwed out of points over some bullshit penalty. Can't do anything in F1 nowadays, everything has to happen as monotone as possible to these people.

Also very disappointed with Hulkenberg this weekend. Did nothing right. Absolutely nothing.
He cocked qualy up, but had damage to the floor in the race which cost him a lot of performance.
fIsince08 said:
I just rewatched Hamilton's start. He actually crept a little before the lights went out, but you're allowed a little bit of room. He kept creeping a tiny bit after the lights went out before properly releasing the clutch.
yeah I think also because his launch system didn't kick in as it should was also part of the reason why he was let off that as well
mike96 said:
What's launch control? I only know RS mode ;)

apparently there is a button on the wheel that selects a launch map at the start od the race to get the car offthe line. Hamilton's didn't kick in that's why he was slow off the line at the start of the race. Hamilton pressed the button it just didn't kick in. That's why he slipped from pole to 4th at the start. Luckily in Hamilton's case he got away with it this time.
Just going back to the issue a couple posts before: The reason it's such a big deal with Williams and Mercedes and not for STR and RBR is that the latter are unambiguously owned by the same person. Mercedes and Williams on the other hand, are two entirely separate teams. Williams isn't a 'feeder team' for Mercedes in the same way that Toro Rosso is. 
Just going back to the issue a couple posts before: The reason it's such a big deal with Williams and Mercedes and not for STR and RBR is that the latter are unambiguously owned by the same person. Mercedes and Williams on the other hand, are two entirely separate teams. Williams isn't a 'feeder team' for Mercedes in the same way that Toro Rosso is. 
We've had those kind of things happening with Sauber and Ferrari because they've shared the same engine before too. Nothing special in F1. It sux, but it's nothing special.
fIsince08 said:
Jiggy said:

He cocked qualy up, but had damage to the floor in the race which cost him a lot of performance.
Didn't notice that. Did it happen due to someone else or was it an unforced error?
We've had those kind of things happening with Sauber and Ferrari because they've shared the same engine before too. Nothing special in F1. It sux, but it's nothing special.
Didn't Hysterical Racing Team use a Ferrari engine aswell?
No, HRT were cosworth, but Toro Rosso used to run Ferrari.
Cosworth